Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 20-year ban is almost up.

Go down 
+3
wshoes
romeo49
BetterThansparty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

The 20-year ban is almost up. Empty
PostSubject: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:31 am

What do you think? Should they go back up? Will Webber apologize? Should he?

http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/2-jimmy-king-webber-%E2%80%9Cabsolutely%E2%80%9D-ready-apologize-5?page=0,0

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
romeo49

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:45 am

Damn the torpedoes! Hoist him on the teams shoulders and lionize his flaunting of NCAA rules!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 am

I am all for full recognition to the other 4 but not Chris. With a full apology? I'd have to hear it first.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 am

I am fine with welcoming Weber back with a proper apology of course. I think it would be nice to have him back in the family. He was a kid and made a mistake over 20 years ago. It was a bad decision. He did not kill anyone.

No way should the banners go up. That is stupid. They violated rules (cheated) to get those wins and now the wins have been vacated. This is an easy decision.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:47 am

They put Michigan basketball on the map . I cvan see when you young and brash seeing the money that people are making off your name and your game, thinking you deserve a piece of the pie. Kids were young and had people telling them you deserve this. Martin tactic were deceptive he was hoping when the boys went pro he'd be their agent. Even today you see players making bad decisions because of the me attitude. 20 yrs was a long time to think and accept. END THE PAIN.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
romeo49

PostSubject: Mea Culpa.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 am

Seriously I can see Webber coming back if he makes a serious I am sorry at midcourt acknowledging the pain he caused many others at the school. If he sheds the tears that must be pent up I think most would welcome him back and it would do his soul some good. No way to the wins or banners or it would be a mockery.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am

I don't see Webber ever doing that.

He would have already if he was going to.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Why should they raise the banners and exalt a tainted, albeit exciting, time of Michigan basketball? John Beilein has resurrected this program and will have time to earn plenty of legitimate banners, based on his performance so far. The rebuilding process is complete and all that is needed now is routine yearly maintenance. Forgive the Fabs, but don't make a big deal over their second place finishes.
Back to top Go down
romeo49

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 pm

So, Joe, you don't get nostalgic in your more experienced years? Why should he be different? It is the one thing his money and NBA fame cannot buy.They changed the way kids looked at BB.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:23 pm

I'm not certain I understand what you're asking me romeo?????

Yeah, I'm nostalgic. I also believe the Fab 5 changed College Basketball.

But, and this is only my personal opinion, I think if Webber was going to do it he would have already.

Now, it seems like there's 2 questions here.

#1 webber returning.(along with all of them)

#2. Banners being re-hung.

I would not mind at all if Webber came back and apologized. But I do not think the banners should be back up. We cheated. Period. It doesn't matter if it was one of the Fab 5 or all 5 of them. We cheated and we deserve the consequences.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:03 pm

A) Mich Basketball was already on the map. Cazzie Russell, heck Campy Russell?

We'd just won the freaking NC 3 years before- we were on the map.

B) He hasn't been a kid for the last 20 years and he has never accepted responsibility.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
romeo49

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:33 pm

My only point was on the apology to be welcomed back as he is getting older and there are things you can't buy with NBA millions. I was crystal clear by saying no way to the wins and banners being reinstated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 20-year ban is almost up.   The 20-year ban is almost up. Empty

Back to top Go down

The 20-year ban is almost up.
Page 1 of 1