Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

you have to admit, izzo.....

Go down 
+2
wshoes
bluebult56
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bluebult56

you have to admit, izzo..... Empty
PostSubject: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:03 am

....is one of the best if not the best coach out there. typical team for him. they start out a little slow at the beginning of the year, he publically questions some of his players toughness and desire, they respond positively, they improve as individuals and as a team and they peak at the right time. plus, he is a great recruiter. i don't see those traits in beilein. we are not improving as a team or individually. all the freshman, excluding maybe mcgrary have taken a step back, not forward. we have no depth, at least productive depth that beilein uses. yes, we've improved since jb arrived, but crap, we couldn't have gotten worse. it will be interesting to see if he can improve and have consistant winning teams that challenge for the big championship. i hope so, but he's still looking up at izzo......
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:43 am

I've been saying he is one of the very best coaches forever- no argument here. Totally disagree though with the negatives on JB.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Shoes, are you as dumbfounded, and taken as far aback, as I at how, even on this (allegedly) troll-free forum, so many posters become sodden with defeatism over one road debacle, only to turn an about-face and jump on the bandwagon after the payback game at home, such as vs. OSU?
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Izzo is a top-5 coach, but I think Beilein is also very good. You're point about the players not improving is just way off base. I consider Beilein to be one the best coaches in the country at developing his players. The reason that the freshman are struggling a little more (or a lot in GRIIIs case) is because 1, we are playing better teams, and 2, they have been playing more minutes than they ever have before in their lives. It's called the freshman wall and they will bounce back.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:02 am

bluebult56 wrote:
....is one of the best if not the best coach out there. typical team for him. they start out a little slow at the beginning of the year, he publically questions some of his players toughness and desire, they respond positively, they improve as individuals and as a team and they peak at the right time. plus, he is a great recruiter. i don't see those traits in beilein. we are not improving as a team or individually. all the freshman, excluding maybe mcgrary have taken a step back, not forward. we have no depth, at least productive depth that beilein uses. yes, we've improved since jb arrived, but crap, we couldn't have gotten worse. it will be interesting to see if he can improve and have consistant winning teams that challenge for the big championship. i hope so, but he's still looking up at izzo......

Beilein doesn't develop players.

Signed,

Darius Morris

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:06 am

bluebult56 wrote:

Izzo's teams continue to improve all year and they peark at the right time. He is one of the best, if not best coach out there.

Signed,

2010-2011 MSU Spartans. Preseason ranked #2. Finished the season 19-15 with a 1st round loss in the NCAA Tournament.

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:29 am

Well done, hail.
Back to top Go down
bluebult56

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:40 pm

wow....i wasn't going to respond to all your criticism but not going to take some of this crap. didn't realize everyone's so sensitive to an observation comparing two coaches. i've been thought of as a possible troll. let me say this michmike, i've been a fan of the blue since 1968. were you even born then? so get off this stale troll stuff. i joined here so i could share opinions with true blue fans, not trolls, even if it isn't all positive about blue. i guess i just have to say what the f is this, what the f is that, how the f is that, why the f is that, why can't the f do this.....geez hail, you state one year where moo u didn't live up to expectations? i could list some of michigan's past failures too. remember the fab 5? how many champs did they win? i was simply stating izzos teams start slow and improve as the year goes on. i want meechigan to win more than anyone but i guess from now i won't make any comment that remotely suggests izzo and his teams aren't worthy of a positive word and that jb is the best coach ever......
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:09 pm

Since Mike is a contemporary of mine I can assure you he was born just a bit before 1968.

FWIW- I have followed them closely since Bill Buntin's first varsity (soph) season.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:27 am

There is nothing wrong with a poster offering intelligent, thoughtful criticsm of the team's performance of late. bb56 does not strike me as a troll.
Shoes: My much older sister was a waitress at the P-Bell in '65, got me autographs of Buntin and Oliver Darden. I still have them!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:17 am

dwoody- very cool #22 and #55- that was a really talented team (along with #33 (Cazzie) and #44 George Pomey). If our 5th guy had been #11 instead of #25 or whatever he was we may have won it all.

In reality and looking back, Dave Strack was not a great floor coach- still great memories.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you have to admit, izzo.....   you have to admit, izzo..... Empty

Back to top Go down

you have to admit, izzo.....
Page 1 of 1