Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is

Go down 
+2
WillieMfan
ZoneRead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ZoneRead

ZoneRead

I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is  Empty
PostSubject: I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is    I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:35 am

"too small" to play in the B10...RR comments everywhere about "small players"...Does he play this year??/..Probably not but he has something "ya can't coach" is SPEED and athleticism. He has GREAT acceleration as well....

He's supposed to be a fantastic kick/punt returner...So if he EVEN offers that then that's perfect.. we have NOBODY that can "break away" on KR's. Our KR game has been nothing less than awful for YEARS...NOTHING since Breaston...Stonum had a few good returns but nothing more

They all told Jamie Morris he was "too small"...Darren Sproles wasn't supposed to be "a player" in college or the NFL either...

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is    I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:06 pm

Agree on the size issue. There's that Emmit Smith guy that was pretty good. Mike Hart, Barry Sanders and the list could go on and on. Size is not indicative of their performance.
Back to top Go down
ZoneRead

ZoneRead

PostSubject: As the words of the late Walter Payton...   I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:09 pm

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight...It's the size of the fight in the dog"
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is    I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Amen brother!

I also like that we stole a recruit back from Cinci. Take that pricks! They got our 3 star linemen and we got their 4 star RB/All Purpose Back.

Back to top Go down
Shings

PostSubject: Re: I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is    I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 pm

we can always hope... But I've been disappointed before on RB's that are small, but great in space, electric, etc. (Ex. Sam McGuffie) I followed Mike Hart's recruiting. In high school, he was small, but he had unbelievable lower body strength and ran low, and broke tackles. If Norfleet can succeed as RB, he will need that attribute, which I'm hoping for.
Back to top Go down
MaizenBlue

PostSubject: Re: I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is    I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:35 pm

I don't know what to think of him at this point. The lack of major offers conerns me that multiple coaches see things on tape that they don't like. Obviously the size issue first off. I like his highlights but his size is a huge concern in the Big Ten. I don't see him ever becoming a feature back, but he could be our KR/PR of the future.
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: I bet   I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is  EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:15 am

I bet he gets some decent amount of playing time this fall. Might not start but he'll make an impact pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is    I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is  EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:08 am

With Odoms, Grady, and Stonum all gone, I'm sure he'll see the field on kick returns. Gallon is the only KR with experience returning, and I think he'll be an integral part of the offense.

PostSubject: Re: I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is    I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is  Empty

Back to top Go down

I think it's funny how most everyone thinks Norfleet is
Page 1 of 1