Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Throwie-Ball

Go down 
+5
sandyeggo_blue
Admin
michmike
dwoody
joe
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Forget it hail.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:32 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Once again.... 150 pitches per home run.

How many bounces per basket do you think there is?

What kind of argument is that? It sounds akin to how many stiches are in a basketball/baseball? You do realize that every pitch isn't meant to be hit, right? Also, I seem to believe that hitting a 90+ mph fastball is much more difficult than making a free throw.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 pm

^^^^hopeless^^^^
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Evidently logic illudes you. Oh well, not everyone can...
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:09 pm

The word is "elude". Learn it before you try to use it.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Once again.... 150 pitches per home run.

How many bounces per basket do you think there is?

What kind of argument is that? It sounds akin to how many stiches are in a basketball/baseball? You do realize that every pitch isn't meant to be hit, right? Also, I seem to believe that hitting a 90+ mph fastball is much more difficult than making a free throw.

Every dribble isn't meant to be a basket. I can go all day.

You called Basketball "bouncy ball" because that's all the do. Well, all they do in baseball is throw the ball.

(Side note, I am a huge baseball fan. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous this guys logic is).
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:50 pm

dwoody wrote:
The word is "elude". Learn it before you try to use it.

This is where it bites you in the ass. The English language is tricky, be careful.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/illude?s=t

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:56 pm

LOL. Dude, elude is the correct word.

Take an advanced writing class sometime and you will learn the difference between allude, elude, and illude.

Or heck, just use google.

"The word "elude" has the suggestion of cunning, deceit or resourcefulness about it, as in "He eluded capture by hiding in the woods", where the meaning is nearly the same as "avoid", but with the extra edge of the implication of how the avoidance was carried out. Remember the element of "play" that comes from the Latin root. There is a slightly different meaning in "your name eludes me but I remember your face"; here the better synonym would be "escapes" rather than "avoids". The difference comes from the element of trickery being absent here, as it is people who practice cunning, not names!

The verb "illude" is used far less often than the noun form "illusion", and one obvious way of avoiding confusion is not to use the word at all, as there really is no need! An illusion is a trick or deceit, such as that performed by a conjurer, and so the verb "illude" also means to trick, and it is hard to imagine a circumstance in which "illude" is a better choice of word than "trick"."

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Did you READ the definition of the word you cite? If so, you would see it makes no sense to what you were trying, in your child-like way, to say. You meant to say elude, unless you intended your statement to make no sense. Did you really go to the University of Michigan? I find that harder and harder to believe the more I read your posts. I'm done with you. Life is too short.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Dude certainly DOES NOT represent.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:10 pm

I have a couple thimgs to say. First, yes I'll admit that I used to wrong word. I then tried to pass it off as legit, my bad.

Next, I don't want to alarm anyone, rather just point out, the bickering that has began here. Three people ganging up on one person. I can only speak for myself but I'm pretty sure that escaping that petty behavior was one of the reasons you came here.

I make one somewhat minor grammtical error which spell-check did not catch because it was spelled correctly and people go nuts. Why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:40 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
... I make one somewhat minor grammtical error which spell-check did not catch because it was spelled correctly and people go nuts. Why?

I want to make it very clear that I am playing Switzerland but... sometimes we must look within Bo
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:25 pm

More people than I have found this "bouncy ball" crap offensive and have suggested it stop. You persist. Is antagonization your goal? If you don't care for the game, don't comment on it. This is a great basketball program. Respect it.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:45 pm

I support the team, respect the program, love the university, but despise the game.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:12 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I support the team, respect the program, love the university, but despise the game.

it's been duly noted that you don't like the game. The persistence in which you remind us is what is bothersome. At this point it's unnecessary and comes across a bit troll-ish. that is all.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:49 pm

"Thank you for your support"! (Bartles and Jaymes)
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Ironically, when I was in 7th grade one of my teachers was rather eccentric. He decided to get class-room hamsters (why I'll never know). Anyway, he decided to name them "Bartles and Jaymes".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7WeZbRbxwg

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Throwie-Ball
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2