Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Throwie-Ball

Go down 
+5
sandyeggo_blue
Admin
michmike
dwoody
joe
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

OT: Throwie-Ball Empty
PostSubject: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:13 am

OPENING DAY FOR BASEBALL BABY!!!!!!

Yeah, I know they played last night, and I also know at least 50% of you aren't baseball fans, and I am absolutely certain of only one other CUBS fan in here, (Thanks ADMIN!!!!!)

Today the CUBS are tied for FIRST PACE BABY!!!!!

Honestly though, I've been to about 6 Cubs Home Openers. It's always a blast but 5 out of 6 I froze my ass off! And I don't leave early!!!!! I used to sit in the 4th row of the upper deck, just shy of first base. Sweet seats and sweet foul ball territory. (Although I sat there about 20 times and never got one!)

I am a secondary Tigers Fan. I will root for them whenever but I don't follow them diligently.

Anyway, I'm workin from home watchin opening day today!

GO CUBS AND GO BLUE!!!!!

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:05 am

joe wrote:
OPENING DAY FOR BASEBALL BABY!!!!!!

Today the CUBS are tied for FIRST PACE BABY!!!!!

Enjoy while it lasts! (tomorrow?).
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:32 am

Well, Joe, you aren't the only one to freeze your ass off at openers. Formerly liking baseball (well enough to pitch briefly for U-M, as you know), and living the first six-and-a-half years of my IT career in Rochester, NY, I absolutely had to accompany several co-workers on the three-hour drive to Toronto in April, 1977, for the inaugural Blue Jays' opener.

Right there on the (north) shore of Lake Erie, April 7, 1977. Once we got in (about the 4th inning, due to a traffic jam)...everyone's jacket was turned white during a shower of heavy, wet lake-effect flakes that interrupted the
game! And it was maybe 42 degrees, in the sunshine (when it shone)...
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:35 pm

That's some of what I'm talking about mike.

One of my nicest pair of Mittens (yes MITTENS) are from a Cubs Opener!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:40 pm

CUBBIES FO' LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rizzo cranks a HR in first at bat. 2-0 good guys right now in the 3rd.

Just bought tickets for next Tuesday's game. First night game of the season at Wrigley. $15 all-in for a pair on Stubhub. Oh yeah.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Since you guys are on the topic of "Throwie Ball", the entire D.C. area's abuzz about the Nationals...particularly with Strasburg at his full strength, and not scheduled to be "shut down" after 130 IPs, as he was last year...and despite that, they still had the best regular-season record in the majors. And with Bryce Harper a year older, the locals are going ape-shit. I'm glad I don't have to take the Metro on home dates...like today.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:18 pm

Admin wrote:
CUBBIES FO' LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rizzo cranks a HR in first at bat. 2-0 good guys right now in the 3rd.

Just bought tickets for next Tuesday's game. First night game of the season at Wrigley. $15 all-in for a pair on Stubhub. Oh yeah.

being a Padres fan and knowing how the whole Adrian Gonzales/Anthony Rizzo trade went down and where they are now makes me sick.

I still think that Epstein and Hoyer conspired during those 2 years to funnel Rizzo through San Diego to the Cubs and they had the perfect opportunity to use Gonzales and the Padres to do so. Thanks for nothing Hoyer, rot in hell jerk.

Sorry for the rant.

PostSubject: Joe, still want to go to a Cubbies game! Went to Harry Careys in early 90's straight from Ditkas!   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Asked if he was there and the waitress said yes and around the corner from the bar in the next room at a corner table. We stuck our heads around the corner and were startled that his was the only table full of people midday (mid-week) and hence they were all looking at us. He was in the corner of the corner table and seeing our embarassment at gawking leaned out with a big wave and smile. I am sure he did this 100 times a day but it felt special to us as we headed back to have a few drinks and appetizers.
Trying to remember where we went to eat in the city for Italian but we asked locals and the first place was italian and in the downtown where you walked upstairs from the street like you were going to a second floor apartment. Whole place was older Italian couples and excellent food like going tosomeones house. Very old school. Next place also Italian was about 20 minutes from the downtown and in aa neighborhood that looked like Brooklyn. Only valet parking where they took your car and literally backed it slowly into the car behind it sowly to squeeze it in along a compressed tight street. Elegant and incredible food again in a place you ascended broad stairs to like going to one of the museums.
Don't know if any of those ring a bell but had a great week there then after visiting museums and Shedds aquarium.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:57 pm

See, the thing with calling baseball "Throwie-ball" is that is is inaccurate. Compare the number of bounces it takes to make a basket (on average) to how many pitches/"throws" it takes to hit a home-run.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Tigers on pace for 162-0 record.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 pm

So are the Cubs...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 7:14 am

Fantastic, Tigers and Cubs! Both of you just lowered your magic numbers to 161...some breathing room now, eh?
Back to top Go down
romeo49

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am

That almost reeks of sarcasm. One win down and sleeping much better, thanks.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:14 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
See, the thing with calling baseball "Throwie-ball" is that is is inaccurate. Compare the number of bounces it takes to make a basket (on average) to how many pitches/"throws" it takes to hit a home-run.

Average number of pitches per game is roughly 300. Average number of home runs per game is 2. Making, on average, 150 pitchers per home run.

Do you honestly think it takes, on average, 150 dribbles to score a basket?

Don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Skew things much? So there cannot be any less than 150 pitches thrown before a homerun can be hit? FACT: A HR can be hit on any one pitch. Your "average" agrument doesn't matter, yep you went to a D-2 school.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:23 pm

2nd, how old are you, really? Why are you always so childish, insulting, and self-congratulatory?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:21 pm

This spans much more than this thread...

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Lol @ the fact that my Division II school has been more relevant than Michigan in hockey over the past decade, yet he continues to mock Michigan basketball.

Thus my rebuttal....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:37 pm

No shots can be made in basketball without a dribble.

Signed,
Tyler Griffey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRp-LL2pXIk

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:30 am

Is it just me or did the ball BOUNCE once before Griffey caught the pass? Ergo, bouncy-ball.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 am

"^^^pathetic^^^
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:21 am

Don't forget that the ball is thrown from fielders, back to the pitcher from the catcher, heck, it's thrown around the horn after a strikeout.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:45 pm

...and yet when people think of baseball they do not first think of throwing the baseball. But in basketball, bouncing the ball is associated with the game.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: That's what's so sad   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:53 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
This spans much more than this thread...

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Lol @ the fact that my Division II school has been more relevant than Michigan in hockey over the past decade, yet he continues to mock Michigan basketball.

Thus my rebuttal....

LEt it go already.

sheeesh

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 pm

I never sart this, but when I reply in a mature nature, I am told to let it go. Why?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:45 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
...and yet when people think of baseball they do not first think of throwing the baseball. But in basketball, bouncing the ball is associated with the game.

That is sooooo stupid it is beyond belief. Any player or manager will tell you they want a guy who can hit, field, and THROW. The games revolves around the pitcher throwing the ball to the batter, and the fielders throwing the ball to the appropriate base. Who could possibly (besides you) think of baseball without thinking of throwing? You are familiar with the game, right?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 pm

How do you score in baseball (most times)? You hit the ball. This country is obsessed with scoring, thus the popularity of bouncy-ball and the displeasure of soccer. I'm not a fan of soccer either but it is the world's most popular sport.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Better go back and read   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:16 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I never sart this, but when I reply in a mature nature, I am told to let it go. Why?

Yes, it was you who started it.

Until your comments we were talking 100% about BASEBALL.

You were the one that changed the course of the conversation and wanted to make it all about you.

You're such a 5 year old.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Technically, you did with the passive-agressive "throwie-ball" subject line (with this thread anyway).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:41 pm

The ENTIRE thread was Baseball.

My suggestion to you is to put me on your unreadable list too because I can't stand you responding to me.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Once again.... 150 pitches per home run.

How many bounces per basket do you think there is?

PostSubject: Re: OT: Throwie-Ball   OT: Throwie-Ball Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Throwie-Ball
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next