Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler... Empty
PostSubject: I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...   I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler... EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:05 pm

The line wraps all the way back to the north end zone of the big house. Still 30 minutes until the doors open. Fans are pumped up. They just finished the go blue chant. Weather is great! 68 degrees and the clouds are going away. GO BLUE !
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...   I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler... EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:12 pm

That's cool!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...   I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:04 am

Well, the outcome sucked. For obvious reasons. I'm still very proud of this team. Everything has really been a blur since that Kansas game.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...   I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 am

How was Crisler?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...   I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:55 am

wshoes wrote:
How was Crisler?

Crisler was packed and the crowd went nuts with every basket. Everyone in the stands got maize or blue plastic glasses that glow and sparkle. The pep band was there. it honestly felt like you were at an actual game. The lights lowered for the introductions of the team. Then when it came time to introduce the Louisville players, the screens cut from the game and showed UM highlight videos from the season.

When the screens showed Chris Webber entering the arena in Atlanta, the Crisler crowd went nuts, which actually kind of surprised me given how many students were there and how half of them were infants when the Fab Five played. (I was only 12 when they played and even I have vague memories of them).

Again, the crowd was great. The sound was deafening on every Michigan basket. And when the team needed a defensive stop,they got on their feet and made noise. It was like a regular game in every way except for no players on the court.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...   I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks for sharing- sounds very cool.

I was there for the first Ali-Frazier fight and again for Hearns- Leonard- they were pretty cool too.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...   I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler... EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 am

Shoes---are you talking about springtime 1971, in mentioning the first Ali-Frazier fight (won by Smokin' Joe)?

If so, you and I are contemps...that was the spring (second term of) my freshman year! Both my roommates (they were foreign exchange students) went to see the fight on closed-circuit TV at Crisler.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...   I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler... EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 3:16 pm

michmike wrote:
Shoes---are you talking about springtime 1971, in mentioning the first Ali-Frazier fight (won by Smokin' Joe)?

Thanks mike, I feel young all of a sudden. Razz

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...   I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm currently waiting in line to get into Crisler...
Page 1 of 1