Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The coaches are out and about

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

The coaches are out and about Empty
PostSubject: The coaches are out and about   The coaches are out and about EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 pm

The spring evaluation period has now started and the coaching staffs are allowed to visit the high schools of each prospect twice.

Some of Michigan's top targets have already seen UM coaches at their school and many will be visited in the upcoming weeks.

Here's a quick breakdown so far...

- Yesterday the coaches went to see ATH Jabrill Peppers and DE Juwann Bushell-Beatty.

- This week coach Funk will hit Colorado to see RB Kallen Ballage and WR Christian McCaffrey (yes, Ed McCaffrey's son).

- April 25th, coaches will make a west coast swing. One of the players that will be visited is five-star cornerback target Adoree' Jackson.

- Michigan coaches were at Southfield HS to see DE Lawrence Marshall. It should also be noted that 2015 ATH Ray Buford and 2016 RB Matt Falcon go to Southfield. We'll be recruiting Matt Falcon HARD. You can guarantee that. He is shaping up to be our #1 instate kid in that class.

- Coaches will be in to see Da'Shawn Hand sometime this week, but the day hasn't been decided.

- 4* S Montae Nicholson will get a visit on April 25th.

- Michigan visited 4* WR Josh Malone and 4* OL Alex Bars.

- Greg Mattison will visit 2015 ATH Jerome Baker.

- Coaches were at Muskegon Mona Shores on Monday for 2015 QB Tyree Jackson and also 2016 DE Chris Daniels.

- Michigan stopped by St. Christopher's School in Richmond, VA on Monday to see CB Garrett Taylor and LB Ricky DeBerry, both 2015 prospects. Also, 2014 QB commit Wilton Speight was visited. Ricky DeBerry. Remember that name. He is going to be the top LB in 2015 and we're already getting in real nice with him.

- Coaches are at Cass Tech today. Not sure who they are there to see. Maybe FB Gary Hosey but I don't know.

joe

PostSubject: Re: The coaches are out and about   The coaches are out and about EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:48 am

This is fabulous information eggo!

I'll speak for myself. This is the type of post I was hoping to read, and share if I get the info, when I first thought about joining a forum over 10 years ago.

Sometimes I have the time to sit and pour through recruiting stuff and sometimes I like to have it laid out for me like you just did.

Kudos!

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: The coaches are out and about   The coaches are out and about EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Update: A few coaches are out on the road this week with some big targets in mind.

This is what I've read so far.

Monday 5/13/13
5* OL Braden Smith - I still think we're out of the picture but being that he's top tier talent I think the coaches will at least be in his ear until the end. Even though I think we only take 3 OL this class and even if we get a commit soon I think the coaches will at the very least lightly pursue him.

5* DE Da'Shawn Hand - I think it's crunch time. I think M is gonna start to really put the pressure on and go after him hard now. I've also heard that while in VA they will stop in to see Brown and Blanding (although Brown is a LONG shot and Blanding is already committed to VA).

3* LB Jimmie Swain - This just doesn't look good for Kyron Watson. There will be another LB in the class and there is no secret the staff wants it to be Winovich but with it being 50/50 between us and O$U the coaches are really starting to target their contingency plans right now. Kyron Watson holds an offer and wants to be in the class so bad but the coaches aren't letting anyone else commit at the position for the time being. In fact I hear they keep pushing Watson's visit date back. I think it's because they want a 6-2+ guy with range and Watson only measures 5'10.5". I know his profiles say 6'1" and 6'2" but he was officially measured at a camp two weeks ago and he's nowhere near those heights. So, enter the Jimmie Swain recruitment. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Tuesday 5/14/13
2015 OT Chuma Edoga
2015 CB Tyler Woodley

Thursday 5/16/13
Commitment OL Mason Cole - They will be there to check in on him but really he'll be helping seal the deal on Scott.

4* WR Artavis Scott - No question he is the main reason for the visit.

2015 WR George Campbell - I believe he holds an offer but if not he'll be getting one. He is just as important to the staff as Scott and I think the visit will show him that.

PostSubject: Re: The coaches are out and about   The coaches are out and about EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Wow. Thanks for the update.

Wouldnt it be something to bring in Hand and Peppers? Talk about really puting Hoke and Mattinson on the recruiting map.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: The coaches are out and about   The coaches are out and about EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Sandy I really enjoy your recruiting updates! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The coaches are out and about   The coaches are out and about Empty

Back to top Go down

The coaches are out and about
Page 1 of 1