Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?

Go down 
+3
hailtoyourvictor
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock? Empty
PostSubject: Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?   Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:03 pm

As most people know I think so, but it wasn't about his draft stock. The entire Lewan saga is and was about Michigan. Barring an unforeseen injury or an absolutely horrendous season this fall it appears as if Lewan may have improved his stock. If, as we all want, Michigan has an outstanding year could Lewan be the 3rd UM player to go #1 overall in the draft? It certainly is a possbility...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1624246-michigan-wolverines-lt-taylor-lewan-is-top-5-worthy-pick-in-2014-nfl-draft?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=michigan-wolverines-football

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?   Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:58 pm

He won't go #1 with Clowney in this draft. Clowney would have been #1 this year if he could have entered the draft. If he stays healthy, the NFL people ar drooling over his abilities.

Now, I'm not saying that 100% Lewan won't go #1, but I think it is unlikely. Top 5 lock probably.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?   Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 3:29 am

He won't go #2 if Bridgewater enters, either.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?   Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:07 am

With all the money tied up in the DL I could see the Lions taking Lewan over Clowney if they had the #1 pick. That would be a stupid move, but we are talking about the Lions.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?   Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:08 am

I do think Clowney is a top 5 pick, but I'm not convinced he's the best player in the country.

Without question he is a freak of nature, but with that, there is a ton of hype. There are several DEs that are as productive.

Lewan locked him up. I'd take Lewan depending on team need, so the Lions probably should pull the trigger.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?   Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:30 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
He won't go #2 if Bridgewater enters, either.

But if that issue "drops" Taylor to the #3 position, he'll nonetheless sign for eight figures,
crack the starting lineup of his NFL team, and say, "Hey, my draft position is now just
water under the bridge..."
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?   Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:45 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
He won't go #1 with Clowney in this draft. Clowney would have been #1 this year if he could have entered the draft. If he stays healthy, the NFL people ar drooling over his abilities.

Now, I'm not saying that 100% Lewan won't go #1, but I think it is unlikely. Top 5 lock probably.

+1

Even though you barely hear Clowney's name during the entire outback bowl game last year until that one blown block assignment and next thing you know he's player of the century. Not saying he doesn't deserve the hype I'm just saying that Lewan held his own REALLY well in that game but you don't hear ESPN talking about that. The MVP of the game was Sanders but you wouldn't know it reading any articles.

It doesn't kill me that we lost to a 10-2 SEC team. It doesn't kill me that we were in it until the last play. It doesn't kill me that the play of the year (Clowney's hit) happened against us. What kills me about that game is that we had the ball for 15 minutes more than they did and still lost. USC gained 70 more total yards than us in 15 less minutes. I was so frustrated with our D after that game, especially the WR coverage. Thanks again, Floyd.

OK my off-topic rant is over Very Happy

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?   Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:04 pm

I know a lot of you watch as much high school highlights as I do, so check this out.

Clowney's Senior year highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc

Out of all the HS highlights I've ever watched (including LeBron James, Andrew Wiggins, and any football player you think had good highlights), and have never seen someone so utterly dominant.

Now I get it, that is just high school... but his highlight film in his first two years of college have been pretty remarkable, too. He is a once in a lifetime player and you don't pass on those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?   Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could Lewan actually have improved his draft stock?
Page 1 of 1