Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference? Empty
PostSubject: Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference?   Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:47 pm

We already know that he is bringing Michigan back to its former glory but do you think that he's bring the entire B1G back as well?  Of course ohio fans will claim that it's all the liar butthink about it.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/brady-hoke-sec-comments/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference?   Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:27 pm

No, he's not, unless years down the road we can point back to multiple national championships under his reign.

I think he and Urban will be equally responsible for the B1G conference not slipping into a dark abyss of insignificance, but not for 'bringing it back'...not yet, at least.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference?   Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Well in all fairness, Urbs is right. The other schools need to pick up their game on the recruiting trail. It all starts there.

That said, I think Northwestern and Penn St have done a hell of a job recruiting and coaching. On the other hand you have a team like Iowa that seems to be a total letdown.

I hope that Nebraska can be a consistent top 15 team also like we thought they would be coming into the B1G.

Wisconsin has played and lost in two consecutive Rose Bowls but they lost close games to two very good teams in TCU and Oregon.

I think clearly UM and O$U are carrying the conference right now. I really wish we could have made the Alabama game a bit closer and also that our DBs didn't shit the bed in the last 3 minutes of that SC bowl game. But it's done and over now.

The B1G will be fine as long as it doesn't go back to the B1G 2 (UM and O$U). We need to see other teams legitimately compete on a yearly basis in recruiting and on the field. I feel like NW and PSU are really on their way to doing just that.

I think you're going to see the SEC dominance fade a bit when the playoff system goes into effect. I'm not saying the SEC teams aren't better because they clearly are but the BCS just doesn't allow a level playing field IMO. It puts way too much stock in preseason rankings and post mid-season losses. The sports writers buying into the hype made it nearly impossible for there to be a champ game without an SEC team. The Bama vs LSU NC game proved that twice over.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference?   Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:58 pm

I don't see the BT matching or exceeding the SEC in football on any consistent basis. Too many factors weigh against it- climate, population demographic shifts, disparate academic and ethical standards.

If the BT can win say 1 NC for every 3 the SEC wins that would be doing well all things considered. I'm fine with the Big 2 little 12 if that means its the only way we can compete nationally, i.e. there are limits to how many blue chippers will come north (or not go south) then I hope we get more than our share instead of it being Wisconsin, Neb etc.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference?   Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:37 am

wshoes wrote:
I don't see the BT matching or exceeding the SEC in football on any consistent basis. Too many factors weigh against it- climate, population demographic shifts, disparate academic and ethical standards.

If the BT can win say 1 NC for every 3 the SEC wins that would be doing well all things considered. I'm fine with the Big 2 little 12 if that means its the only way we can compete nationally, i.e. there are limits to how many blue chippers will come north (or not go south) then I hope we get more than our share instead of it being Wisconsin, Neb etc.

'shoes
well I think that may be a bit of an old school mentality. The SEC has rotated 4 National Champs over their reign (and five total). If the B1G wants to stay relevant they need to try and do the same. We can't just rely on two teams year in and year out. And if that means Mich gets beat by a really good PSU or a NW or a surprise team every few years then so be it. I'll swallow that pill if it turns out to be for the greater good of the conference.

I'd also like to point out that I don't think you need to pull recruits extensively from the south to win. Cali, Texas and the east coast have plenty of talent not to mention the stars in the midwest. To pull a page from every Sparty fan in the entire world, coaching plays a big role and I truly believe we have the top coaching staff in the B1G and probably a top 5 staff in the nation.

What I would like to see is an SEC team come up north to play a game in late November or mid December. I'd love to see regional home games in the playoff system but that won't happen though.  at least not right away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference?   Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Coach Hoke saving the B1G as a conference?
Page 1 of 1