Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?

Go down 
+3
joe
MichiganFootball13
EJinGA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? Empty
PostSubject: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 am

So Michigan got commitments from these two. A 3 star WR and a NR CB. What the hell....
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 11:43 am

actually on rivals the WR is a 4 star and the CB is a 3. Their hs cancelled their season last year for some reason so they did not have any way to get looks. But at all of their camps so far this year they have killed it. The 4 star WR was the best in a camp that had a bunch of 4 stars at it including KJ Williams that we are looking at. I think this year will really show why they can do. The reason that they are rated so high on Rivals and not on any of the other sites is because the camp(s) they have been at were specifically Rivals camp(s) so they got to see them in person.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:50 pm

They were both offered immediately after being seen at a camp about 2 weeks ago.

Their offers raised questions. At this point I'm going to believe the coaches that saw them play against other highly rated kids. Their opinions are the most important.

You never know, these kids may be right on the edge athletically but maybe they are above average intelligence wise. Maybe they are Michigan Men? We don't have that information right now.

I'll side with Hoke at this point.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Plus, if neccessary, we can always use the sparty mantra: We'll coach 'em up!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 4:25 pm

You can use that if you want.

I'll simply say Hoke made an error. However I'll wait and see the ENTIRE end product.

Look, Mealer and Barnum were absolutely not the best offensive linemen we've ever had. (By a OOONG shot in my opinion) but they were Michigan Men. They tried their best. You never heard anyone say those guys took a play of or that one of them stole something from someone or murdered someone.

Anyway, I'm off my soapbox. Sorta wish you wouldn't compare everything to "Sparty". I don't really give a fuck about them. I care about us.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 6:03 pm

It was said tongue in cheek. You should know that I care more for The University than just how the football team does (and yes the Football teams matters for me).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:13 am

2nd, props to you for not starting the "stars" debate.

+1 brotha.

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:29 am

Does this mean that Michigan is on the outs with Westphal?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 4:27 pm

IMO there is no way to know what that means. Maybe Canteen is a stud who wouldn't come without Watson? Maybe Watson is a stud and wouldn't come without Canteen? Maybe there is a 2015 prospect there that Michigan really wants? Possibily Coach Hoke wants to establish recruiting on the east-coast? Maybe (and this is my guess) Coach Hoke wants to build depth, although with the limited number of scholarships available I'm not sure. Who knows really?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:59 pm

at first glance we just traded Scott and Westphal for Canteen and Watson but it goes a bit deeper than that.

IMO Scott has been gone to Clemson since his visit there. So that should have put KJ Williams in the driver's seat for the last WR spot. He's been spending an awful lot of time in Syracuse lately though so who knows if he's cooled on UM or if UM has cooled on him. Doesn't matter now anyway. For the record, I would have taken Williams over Canteen in a heartbeat.

Westphal is dragging things along. I still feel he's going to be blue. I think he has a spot no matter what. 2nd mentioned building depth, well with the last two classes we should be set at DB for a while and will be even more so when Westphal commits.

I don't know how these two will turn out but, lack of stars and hype aside I don't like it. I've never questioned the coaches offers or commits because they haven't given me reason to yet but this could be it.

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:22 am

It reeks of desperation... It (was) still June. How many spots are left?

Again, if they land Hand, McDowell, and Westphal it will all be worth it, but it makes me worry. Why do I have a bad feeling me don't land all of them, but any of them.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

If Hoke saw the WR play at camp and thought "man, I'd much rather have this guy playing for me than against me.", then what's the big deal? I highly doubt our recruiters are feeling "desperate", and I doubt even more that you have seen the kids play more than our recruiters. The world is not ending.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:54 pm

EJinGA wrote:

Again, if they land Hand, McDowell, and Westphal it will all be worth it, but it makes me worry. Why do I have a bad feeling me don't land all of them, but any of them.

well to address the desperation a bit, I understand where you're coming from. Basically you're saying that it's still June and there is a long way to go, why settle or jump the gun. The problem is that the targets at those positions are thinning down and fast.

I think you'll be more than pleased on NSD when McDowell, Hand and Westphal are on board also.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Finally had enough time to do a bit of reading and it seems that Canteen has been to four camps already (Rutgers, Maryland, Tennessee and Michigan) and he's earned an offer on the spot at all four camps. Not too shabby.

As MF13 said, their HS cancelled the season after three games last year so tape on these kids really doesn't exist at this point. Who knows, Canteen could be this year's Stribling.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:00 am

So it looks as if this guess was correct?

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Maybe Canteen is a stud who wouldn't come without Watson?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:11 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

well to address the desperation a bit, I understand where you're coming from. Basically you're saying that it's still June and there is a long way to go, why settle or jump the gun. The problem is that the targets at those positions are thinning down and fast.  

I think you'll be more than pleased on NSD when McDowell, Hand and Westphal are on board also.

Recruiting has changed immensely in the last 10 years and the early commits are part of that. We don't set the (de facto)rules but we have to play by them.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Everywhere I read Canteen (and Marshall) is getting praised from coaches and scouts. Canteen just dominated another 7on7 camp this weekend. He was unquestionably the best kid on the field. There is no doubt he is this year's Channing Stribling. Looks like Hoke and Co found another diamond in the rough. These guys know talent when they see it PERIOD. The more I read on Canteen the more I think that if he would have played last year he would be an easy 4* on all of the sites. Still blows my mind to see just how far under the radar these two kids flew.

I'm getting excited to see Canteen wearing the winged helmet.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:14 pm

BOOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SWjRekI5BEM

Check out that footwork

anyone else think Canteen and Watson might not have been a bad idea.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Fredd Canteen ‏@FreddCanteen_ 1h Making a stop in a Ohio .. Im not buyin a single thing in this state !!#GoBlue #BeatOhio

PostSubject: Re: Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?   Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson? Empty

Back to top Go down

Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson?
Page 1 of 1