Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'eggos territory (recruiting)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

'eggos territory (recruiting) Empty
PostSubject: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:36 pm

I guess we are recruiting early too...

http://www.freep.com/article/20130717/SPORTS06/307170021/michigan-wolverines-recruiting

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:21 pm

And more selective...

http://www.freep.com/article/20130716/SPORTS06/307160035/michigan-wolverines-football-recruiting

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:39 pm

well I read an article, and I believe I may have posted a link, but it was basically about how Hoke locking up the majority of his class the last two years has given him a major jump and advantage for scouting, evaluating and recruiting the next year's class. In the case of this year, Hoke has already targeted a majority of the kids he wants to recruit for 2015 and in the case of certain positions like RB he's all but locked up the position.

Hoke wouldn't have this luxury if he still had 60% of his class to fill for this year. Of course there are some downsides to getting early commits but I think the positives outweigh those negatives.

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:41 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
well I read an article, and I believe I may have posted a link, but it was basically about how Hoke locking up the majority of his class the last two years has given him a major jump and advantage for scouting, evaluating and recruiting the next year's class. In the case of this year, Hoke has already targeted a majority of the kids he wants to recruit for 2015 and in the case of certain positions like RB he's all but locked up the position.

Hoke wouldn't have this luxury if he still had 60% of his class to fill for this year. Of course there are some downsides to getting early commits but I think the positives outweigh those negatives.

He learned something from Urban Meyer when he had all that 'free time' to recruit for the following year.

I think one of the upsides you are speaking of, is getting mature, dedicated kids to commit who are not so shallow as to be absorbed by the full recruiting process. These early commiters obviously WANT to be at Michigan. I have a lot more respect for these guys, then the ones who see it till signing day and think they're Lebron James with a theatrical televised commitment.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:55 pm

EJinGA wrote:
... These early commiters obviously WANT to be at Michigan. I have a lot more respect for these guys, then the ones who see it till signing day and think they're Lebron James with a theatrical televised commitment...

I agree with a lot of that statement.

+1

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 6:45 am

And that's why ego maniacs like James are bad for sports. ONE man dominates sports media, and these kids think he is a role model.

I'm already sick of hearing about Manziel, but no doubt many recruits will want to be like him.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 am

Honestly, I have no problem with what LeBron James did with "the decision". If my agent told me "set a date and have a special broadcast and it will net you millions of dollars more in the long run" then hell ya I would have did it. If that makes me any less of a "role model" then so be it.

LeBron James gives more "Decision" money to charity

The article is 2 years old, and at that time, the Miami Heat donated $3 Million to charity from money directly related to "the decision". What egotistical, selfish, scum those guys are, eh?

Stand your moral ground. Next time you have the opportunity to make more money and in turn have more money available to donate to charity, say NO, that is NOT the man you want to be.

Now high school kids, that is different. That is just kids being self-centered kids, IMO.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:19 am

Second-guess 'The Decision'? Not here

"Take a look at LeBron's announcement through the eyes of the kids who were there"

"What you didn't see on TV during "The Decision" was the way the kids and LeBron interacted."

It isn't to find these articles yourselves, though. Sometimes it's just more fun to hate someone, though.

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:17 pm

I don't hate Lebron, and I really could care less how much he made, and what he gave to charity.

You're looking at this with a business sense, and I am looking at it like a sports fan. Combine the two if you want.

When I turn on ESPN or listen to The Thundering Herd podcast, I want to hear them talk about something OTHER than LeBron James, Tiger Woods or Pay-Rod. People call it hate, but I think most people want to hear about sports other than the same 3 or so people they talk about over and over.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:36 pm

I don't hate Lebron either, even though he plays that gam I'm not a fan of. But we actually do have something in common, we both hate ohio...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:43 pm

LeBron is going to end his career as a Cav, btw.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 5:25 pm

I think I saw one of those Pure Michigan spoofs that said something like.. "Ohio sucks so bad, even and asshole like Lebron had to leave". It was an instant classic.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 6:23 pm

I've seen many t-shirts reading "Even Lebron hates ohio".

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 6:51 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I've seen many t-shirts reading "Even Lebron hates ohio".

well if you read it on the internet and it's on a shirt then you know it's true. ha ha lol! 

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Here's the proof...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CgPsGY5Mw

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:26 pm

This is saying that if/when we get Hand it will give us #1 in recruiting...

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1526515&PT=4&PR=2

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:44 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

I still think that in the end LSU will be #1. They are just to solid on remaining recruits right now. The state of Louisiana was a hot bed this year. Good for Les. A Michigan Man.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 12:24 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

#1 ranked class is no different than the #30 ranked class, per you.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 12:34 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

#1 ranked class is no different than the #30 ranked class, per you.

NOW YOU'RE GETTING IT 'hail!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:10 am

So you don't think there is a difference between the classes of Michigan (11th) Alabama (7th) or Texas (4th) and Western Michigan (29th).

Western Michigan is getting equal level athletes in your eyes and will be on Alabama, Texas, and Michigan level.

Nevermind the fact that Alabama, Texas, and Michigan are getting FAR better athletes than Western, because that DOES NOT MATTER!

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Differences like that of course matter, but listen, the star ranking really doesn't matter to coaches. They will take offer who they like. Why don't you get that? If a coach sees a kid he likes at a camp but then finds out that he is only a 3 star is he not going to offer?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:34 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Differences like that of course matter, but listen, the star ranking really doesn't matter to coaches.  They will take offer who they like.  Why don't you get that?  If a coach sees a kid he likes at a camp but then finds out that he is only a 3 star is he not going to offer?

They do??? Why???

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:01 pm

I'm going to end this right now. The larger schools get higher rated recruits because they have more stars. Larger programs get 5 star recruits so they are obviously better, The NFL is just a bunch of idiots because 8 teams picked before the first 5 star was drafted. They're idiots I tell you, obviously they should come to hail for all of their scouting. I mean why should they trust a scouting service versus their own eyes....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Larger schools get 5 stars so they are obviously better. You just said that? Stars mean NOTHING though. Will you admit you were at least kind of wrong?

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:36 pm

In your warped view maybe. Let me try this again, with the FACT that the first 5-star wasn't taken until the 9th selection in the NGFL draft this year that proves that there is no direct correlation to stars and football ability.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'eggos territory (recruiting)   'eggos territory (recruiting) Empty

Back to top Go down

'eggos territory (recruiting)
Page 1 of 1