Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone Empty
PostSubject: Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone   Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:58 pm

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/56758663-77/bryan-family-football-brother.html.csp?page=1

A long read, but worth every second.

This is exactly the type of human being we want in our program.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone   Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Very riveting, indeed, Admin. The kind of human being any program would want...and in the cases of the honorable ones (a'la ours), for reasons other than his potent football skills.

What chance would you give a person who's lived through what Brian has of de-committing between now and signing day, after he's heard how coach Hoke not only welcomed the young Ohio boy who named his cancer 'Michigan' to visit a practice here, but encouraged him to beat 'Michigan'???

Don't they say something about "birds of a feather"  (Hoke and Mone)...????
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone   Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Great post, 'mike.

Agreed 1000000%
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone   Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Precisely mike, you definitely get it. What concerns me slightly is the guilt that he will feel not being there for his brother. If/when Mone lights it up at Michigan that means he will be faced with a very difficult decision. Whether to leave Michigan or turn pro after 3 years. Mone's family situation indicates, to me at least, that Mone will be gone after year 3 if it is a good idea financially. I don't blame him one bit though as family is more important than a college (even Michigan which is everything).

Taylor had the luxury of being able to come back which is why he did. If Mone gets to make a decision I feel that it'll be NFL. Of course Mone also must be able to make it 3 years away from his family/brother in order for that situation to develop. Playing football at Michigan isn't just a 4 month out of the year commitment, it's an eleven out of twelve months long thing.

I could be wrong on this as this situation is much more complex than Lewan's but that's what I see as of now. Of course leaving home may be exactly what Mone needs/wants and he could fall in love with Michigan. The guilt is the only thing that concerns me....
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone   Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:17 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Precisely mike, you definitely get it.  What concerns me slightly is the guilt that he will feel not being there for his brother.  If/when Mone lights it up at Michigan  that means he will be faced with a very difficult decision.  Whether to leave Michigan or turn pro after 3 years.  Mone's family situation indicates, to me at least, that Mone will be gone after year 3 if it is a good idea financially.  I don't blame him one bit though as family is more important than a college (even Michigan which is everything).
2nd, I agree with the possibility of him feeling guilt being away.  Most of you know that I'm the father of a special needs child, heck adult, and I traveled a lot being in the military.  Guilt is not strong enough of a word to describe how you feel.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone   Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 7:47 am

That is an excellent (and in your case, personal) analogy, 'Fish.  Given my inexperience in this area, I don't feel qualified to comment further.

Except to say I also agree with 2nd's analysis, and appreciate Admin's concurrence.

Check that: I will add this, 2nd: who knows, Brian's brother might end up being with him in Ann Arbor for some or all of that period; U-M---football and otherwise (including many supportive, well-endowed alumni bodies)---is after all a family. And there is this, uhh, "entity" in Ann Arbor which is second to none for medical/psychiatric care initialed "UMMC"...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone   Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 1:05 pm

That is quite possible although I don't see a "cure" coming. Filimone appears to have (in my opinion and without all of the clinical data that I would need to classify him) a severe form on selective mutism, in addition to other neurological disorders. But yes, if/when people in the know at Michigan see the signs of depression resulting from the two brothers being separated yes Filimone "could" come to A2 for a few months for "treatment".

On a much different scale you could equate this possibility to that of the Brock Mealer thing that Rich Clod did. I give that idiot credit for basically two things: 1.) Bringing Denard, and 2.) The Mealer thing. I'm curious how Brock is doing now? I'll research it when I have time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone   Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone Empty

Back to top Go down

Excellent writeup on commit Bryan Mone
Page 1 of 1