Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY

Go down 
+4
WolverineHistorian
wshoes
fishgoblue22
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY Empty
PostSubject: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 pm

FUNCHESS - 87 (Kramer)
AVERY - 11 (Wister brothers)
GALLON - 21 (You know whoooooo)

NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY Image_15
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Gallon and Avery don't look to thrilled about it. I hope that the players volunteer to wear these numbers.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:42 pm

It'll be interesting to see who get 98.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm really ambivalent about the whole legends jersey thing. I like Gallon as 10 just as I liked Kovacs as 32. Who's going to create a new "Legends" number if we keep having guys change?

I'd give out #1 as a recruiting tool instead of saying someone has to earn it- if they wind up being ordinary (Butterfield) then hope the next guy is special.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:51 pm

wshoes wrote:
I'd give out #1 as a recruiting tool instead of saying someone has to earn it- if they wind up being ordinary (Butterfield) then hope the next guy is special.

'shoes
I'm with you on that 'shoes. It was only "earned" by Braylon as a motivational tool. Carr was briliant with that. Everyone else was given it. I would give it to George Cambell, and I'd give Peppers #2 right when they walk in the door.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:55 pm

George Campbell over Drake Harris?

Not disagreeing, just pointing out that we have a couple "# 1's" coming to town over the next couple years.

Do agree with Peppers.

Hell, ship that kid his #2 today.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Admin wrote:
George Campbell over Drake Harris?

Not disagreeing, just pointing out that we have a couple "# 1's" coming to town over the next couple years.

Do agree with Peppers.

Hell, ship that kid his #2 today.
Yep, Campbell is coming in with a lot more upside IMO.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

'shoes
I'm with you on that 'shoes.  It was only "earned" by Braylon as a motivational tool.  Carr was briliant with that.  Everyone else was given it.  I would give it to George Cambell, and I'd give Peppers #2 right when they walk in the door.
Yeah.  I kind of hate how the rules have changed for the #1 jersey.  Carter, McMurtry, Alexander and Terrell were all stud receiver recruits who got the jersey before becoming the stars they were.  Carr using the #1 as a motivational tool for Braylon worked brilliantly but now it seems that's the way it has to be from now on.  I don't think the world will end if we have another Tyrone Butterfield in-between wide receiver greats.  But the deal now is players have to start a couple seasons and then there's evaluation meetings, and Braylon has a say because he started some kind of scholarship for #1 recipients.  

I know Braylon's heart is in the right place but not every #1 candidate has to follow his path, where the player takes a couple seasons to be on the same page as the coach first before he can receiver the honor.  As noted with the earlier examples, some players are capable of reaching that point much earlier.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:40 pm

I like the #21 jersey for Gallon but I think in honor of Tshimanga Biakabutuka that jersey should be given to a RB for the O$U game. That would really get in their heads.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:43 pm

The #1 is special (throw in #2 with that).  Leave it as is, make the kids earn them although in extreme circumstances you can give them out early.  The only situation that I can see that in right now is the #2 with Peppers.  I'm not that cool with the way the Legend jerseys are being handled.  Just because Legend jersey's are legendary doesn't mean that they have to be given out every year.  For example, I wouldn't have given out #11 or #21 this year...

That's an idea 'eggo but I don't think that ohio is THAT pathological (close but not quite that bad, or smart)...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:47 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
...Just because Legend jersey's are legendary doesn't mean that they have to be given out every year...
+1
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:12 am

I think that the "Legend" numbers should be reserved for a Seniors. Give players 3 years to put their own stamp on Michigan history. The 4th year, they get to wear a historic #.

"But some players go to the NFL after three years, Hail." Yup, why not add an extra incentive for them to stick with the program one more year?
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:10 am

The number 1 should be given to the best WR of the season, and only for the O$U game and post season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY   NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW LEGENDS NUMBERS - FUNCHESS, GALLON AND AVERY
Page 1 of 1