Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

B1G's opening weekend

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

B1G's opening weekend Empty
PostSubject: B1G's opening weekend   B1G's opening weekend EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:34 pm

The conference as a whole has been down for several years now and this opening weekend leads me to believe that it's in for another rough year. I was able to watch every game in bits and pieces except for Penn State/Syracuse because it was on the same time as Michigan.

That was a ton of ugly out there.

1. INDIANA: They are expected to have a good offense just like last year. But there's no excuse for even Indiana to give up 35 points to Indiana State.

2. MSU: Solid defense. The offense can't cross the street, not that I'm complaining. Both quarterbacks were awful. One of their touchdown drives was thanks in large part to Western shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. Receivers couldn't catch 5 yard passes. And the players are keeping up their tradition of racking up unsportsmanlike penalties. WMU was just 4-8 a year ago and playing with a freshman quarterback, yet Sparty only won 26-13.

3. ILLINOIS: Blew a huge lead against "powerhouse" Southern Illinois. The Illini needed a goal line stand to pull out the win in the final seconds.

4. NEBRASKA: This team looks so much like RichRod's 2010 Michigan team. Mobile quarterback with major throwing problems and one of the worst defenses in the nation. Wyoming, just 4-8 a year ago, ran and threw all over the Huskers D. Looks like they had a chance to win too but the refs didn't call what seemed to be an obvious pass interference on 3 Husker defenders. (It's nice to see the officials still like to bail Nebraska out of jams. They handed NU the division title last year thanks to major blown calls in 3 games.)

5. MINNESOTA: Looked embarrassingly bad against UNLV, being easily outgained. But 3 special teams plays for touchdowns was the difference.

6. WISCONSIN: They played UMass. We know nothing.

7. OHIO STATE: I was shocked at how Buffalo was able to move the ball. They too were 4-8 a year ago. 20 points and a few missed opportunities kept them from being closer; like fumbling the snap on 4th and 1 from the 1 yard line. Braxton Miller also had a pick six that looked worse than Devin Gardner's first interception Saturday.

8. NORTHWESTERN: I went to bed at halftime but they trailed a baaaaad Cal team with a freshmen quarterback 24-20 in the 3rd quarter. Not good.

9. PURDUE: May be the worst team in the B1G by far. Although Cincinnati has been respectful for several years now. Still, you'd think Purdue would at least have a pulse in that game. They looked completely lost all game long.

10. IOWA: Ferentz losing to a MAC team for the 4th time may seem bad but Northern Illinois is a solid team and they're coming off a BCS bowl game. That's a very tough team to open against. I think the jury might still be out on Iowa.

We BETTER have a solid season against this competition.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

B1G's opening weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: B1G's opening weekend   B1G's opening weekend EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:44 pm

I saw pretty much the same thing.  I will add that I watched the last 5 minutes of PSU.  TE fresmen QB looks pretty good.  They made the int to seal the game.  Syracuse is a decent team.
Back to top Go down

B1G's opening weekend
Page 1 of 1