Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My thoughts on ND game

Go down 
+2
blu4vr
EJinGA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

My thoughts on ND game Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts on ND game   My thoughts on ND game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 6:23 am

First of all..... Eminem.... Yeah...

I am starting to think that Devin Gardner reminds me of Vince Young. Yes, I just said that.

Fitz can not break a tackle to save his life. He has a good burst, but he is not a big play threat. I think the Drake Johnson injury is going to hurt them going forward.

The defense is better than a lot of you are getting credit for. Sure, it's bend but don't break, but the offense is good enough to win any shoot out. Getting Jake Ryan back will only help.

Brady Hoke and staff are better coaches than I have given them credit for. ND would have pounded an unprepared Michigan team. Borges has done a much better job calling plays this year. The offense looks great, even without a tough running game.

With O$U only puting 42 on a cake team, and Michigan scoring 41 on ND, Michigan looks like they're ahead of Urban's crew.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ND game   My thoughts on ND game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 6:46 am

I would be cautious about OSU right now. Those 42 points all came at the hands of their back up QB. Miller went out in the first series with a knee injury.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ND game   My thoughts on ND game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 7:02 am

OK, then they only put 40, not 42, on a real cake team (that Baylor put 65 on).

OSU's defense is certainly no better than ours---if as good. As Nick B. of MLive pointed out, ND was determined to protect immobile (relative to Devin anyhow) Tommy Rees, so it was very often 4 guys rushing 6 blockers. And ND's O-line has plenty of beef (and 3/5 returnees of '12). I thought Matty did a good job of strategy. And we did hear lots of "Rees held that ball till the last possible second, and almost made the hook-up"...because we nonetheless did get some pressure on him, and with 7 Wolverines back to clog his sightlines.

But Borges did an even better job. Running right at the ND defense happened only on occasion, with the predictable results; most of our runs were off-tackle or outside, and Devin's mobility was utilized to the max. Those 340-pound cardiac ward escapees had no chance of accomplishing anything but self-enervation by chasing him.

With his own offense, and the perfect fit at QB for it, AB could surprise us a lot of times this season, and going forward.

And in closing: why all the hype about Nix (no pun intended---this time)???  The real ballplayer is that Truitt. He at least has the (6-6) frame for those 313 pounds..and the mobility that allows for was manifest in his diving interception on Devin's one terrible play all night.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ND game   My thoughts on ND game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 8:24 am

EJinGA wrote:
First of all..... Eminem.... Yeah...

I am starting to think that Devin Gardner reminds me of Vince Young. Yes, I just said that.

Fitz can not break a tackle to save his life. He has a good burst, but he is not a big play threat. I think the Drake Johnson injury is going to hurt them going forward.

The defense is better than a lot of you are getting credit for. Sure, it's bend but don't break, but the offense is good enough to win any shoot out. Getting Jake Ryan back will only help.

Brady Hoke and staff are better coaches than I have given them credit for. ND would have pounded an unprepared Michigan team. Borges has done a much better job calling plays this year. The offense looks great, even without a tough running game.

With O$U only puting 42 on a cake team, and Michigan scoring 41 on ND, Michigan looks like they're ahead of Urban's crew.
1) After watching the entire Eminem interview, I thought he was fine, kinda refreshing in fact. I like that he is a "fan" who worries about jinxing his team.

2) Fitz again got yards after contact even if not flat out breaking a tackle. I haven't seen Green do this yet. He runs hard and I thought he had a great game- maximizing his chances, given our problems in blocking running plays.

3) The defense did not have a great game, Rees adjusted well at the line to pick us apart in several instances, BUT the D rose to the task at some key times.

4) Borgess had his best "big game" as a Mich coach- he did adjust allowing Devin to run more, which opened up the passing.

5) hard to tell about Mich-OSU at this point but based on what evidence we have- I agree.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ND game   My thoughts on ND game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 9:12 am

Eminem was fine? He was high as a kite! Another black eye for the home state. I thought Herbie was going to lose it.

If he had to get high to be able to handle being on live tv, then he shouldnt be on live tv.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ND game   My thoughts on ND game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 9:31 am

He did look pretty buzzed in parts of the interview, but I wondered if it was some sort of stupid act. In any event, I don't understand why he is such a big deal. The whole segment was painful to watch.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ND game   My thoughts on ND game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:28 am

EJinGA wrote:
...Fitz can not break a tackle to save his life. He has a good burst, but he is not a big play threat...
But he was still just what we needed. 2 or 3 tough yards per carry. Helped manage the clock. No turnovers. I liked Fitz' performance.

[quote="blu4vr"]I would be cautious about OSU right now.  Those 42 points all came at the hands of their back up QB.  Miller went out in the first series with a knee injury.[/quote

Good point

dwoody wrote:
He did look pretty buzzed in parts of the interview, but I wondered if it was some sort of stupid act. In any event, I don't understand why he is such a big deal. The whole segment was painful to watch.
I thought it was funny
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ND game   My thoughts on ND game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:43 am

dwoody wrote:
He did look buzzed at the start, but then he did not- almost like he flipped a switch. Again if they're going to have people on promoting things that was better than the usual blah- blah-blah.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ND game   My thoughts on ND game Empty

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on ND game
Page 1 of 1