Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoke on Colin Cowherd

Go down 
+4
mgoblue93
hailtoyourvictor
EJinGA
booboo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Hoke on Colin Cowherd Empty
PostSubject: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:02 am

Talking about atmosphere sat. night vs ND, Mark Harmon talked to team sat. before game. CC asked if M is a top 10 team this yr, thought M was a yr. away. BH we're a team going thru a process, maybe not a top 10 team. Off. & def line still some work to do. CC asked about running a clean program, BH said you hope we can, we hope we're doing it the right way. BH said M fans, its more of a thinking fan base, its a fan base I think its best in the country. CC was asking about SEC fans vs other schools. CC talked how Univ. of Mich. is a top school in the nation. He was also very impressed about the atmosphere, how it looked on TV vs ND. Short, but good interview.

GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:56 am

I like Cowherd... He is a Michigan basher though.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Link:
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9665072

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 3:15 pm

colin cowherd is the biggest pile of human feces to ever hold a sports radio job.

i don't even care what his sports biases are. he is a know-nothing and he talks about subjects he is not qualified to discuss, let alone having strong opinions, such as economics, finance, politics, sociology, foreign affairs, world history. the pollution that comes out of his mouth is highly toxic. this idiot went on about how The Great Gatsby was about the Great Depression. one problem, it was written in 1925, not the 1930's. just one of thousands of examples.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:01 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
colin cowherd is the biggest pile of human feces to ever hold a sports radio job.

i don't even care what his sports biases are.  he is a know-nothing and he talks about subjects he is not qualified to discuss, let alone having strong opinions, such as economics, finance, politics, sociology, foreign affairs, world history.  the pollution that comes out of his mouth is highly toxic. this idiot went on about how The Great Gatsby was about the Great Depression.  one problem, it was written in 1925, not the 1930's.  just one of thousands of examples.

yeah I'm not a CC fan either but Jim Rome really bothers me. Luckily I don't live in Michigan and am not subject to listening to Valenti. I've read articles from him and heard stories from others that make me think I'd never want to hear a word out of his mouth.

On the flip side I've always been a fan of listening to Dick Enberg. I heard him call a few games (football and baseball) back in the day and now he works for the Padres organization so I get to listen to him a lot. He's a class act. And I recently found out (because he mentioned it on air) that he grew up in Michigan and is a big Tigers fan. He's a good dude in my book.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:30 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:
yeah I'm not a CC fan either but Jim Rome really bothers me. Luckily I don't live in Michigan and am not subject to listening to Valenti. I've read articles from him and heard stories from others that make me think I'd never want to hear a word out of his mouth.

On the flip side I've always been a fan of listening to Dick Enberg. I heard him call a few games (football and baseball) back in the day and now he works for the Padres organization so I get to listen to him a lot. He's a class act. And I recently found out (because he mentioned it on air) that he grew up in Michigan and is a big Tigers fan. He's a good dude in my book.
1.  I find Cowherd entertaining.  I don't agree with most of his stuff, but I like him.

2.  Dick Enberg is from Mt Clemmens. He went to IU and CMU.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 8:28 am

Have you ever 'herd' him actually agree with someone who calls in?

I like him too, but him constantly talking about Lebron James in the middle of the summer is maddening
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:03 am

EJinGA wrote:
Have you ever 'herd' him actually agree with someone who calls in?

I like him too, but him constantly talking about Lebron James in the middle of the summer is maddening
I agree with that.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:05 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:

1.  I find Cowherd entertaining.  I don't agree with most of his stuff, but I like him.

2.  Dick Enberg is from Mt Clemmens. He went to IU and CMU.
Cowherd is an entertainer, first and last, he has said so many times and I often find him entertaining. If he bashes Mich I just tune him out. It seems to me that he has bashed the Buckeyes and ND more by far though.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:44 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:

i don't even care what his sports biases are.  he is a know-nothing and he talks about subjects he is not qualified to discuss, let alone having strong opinions, such as economics, finance, politics, sociology, foreign affairs, world history.  the pollution that comes out of his mouth is highly toxic. this idiot went on about how The Great Gatsby was about the Great Depression.  one problem, it was written in 1925, not the 1930's.  just one of thousands of examples.

Sandy, Dick Enberg is second to none calling any sport. Football, ATP tennis, baseball, hoops, you name it. Class through and through.

About the only one I would put on (or very near) his level in my time is Keith Jackson.

For a single sport, Vin Scully (baseball) and Bill Rafferty (college hoops) are high on my list, too.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Love Rafftery, and Scully (and Keith), but for baseball Ernie will always be #1 (hey I feel like he helped raise me). I also really like the current Tigers radio combo of Dan Dickerson and Jim Price. Jim doesn't sound anywhere near as old as he must be (he backed up Freehan for gosh sakes).

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoke on Colin Cowherd   Hoke on Colin Cowherd Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoke on Colin Cowherd
Page 1 of 1