Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harbaugh on Cowherd

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
EJinGA
sandyeggo_blue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Harbaugh on Cowherd Empty
PostSubject: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am

http://thebiglead.com/2015/07/01/this-colin-cowherd-interview-with-jim-harbaugh-was-awkward/

I agree, that was an awkward interview. Jim did not come off well. Didn't come off as an ass, but didn't sell himself like I thought he would.

thoughts?

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:04 pm

I don't know man, he sure sounded like an ass. Not good. Not good at all. I know Cowherd bangs on Michigan, and if he was just giving Colin the cold shoulder, it was stupid.

I know Jim is an eccentric, but this is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:19 pm

EJinGA wrote:
I don't know man, he sure sounded like an ass. Not good. Not good at all. I know Cowherd bangs on Michigan, and if he was just giving Colin the cold shoulder, it was stupid.

I know Jim is an eccentric, but this is ridiculous.

I agree, if Jim was trying to make a point to Cowherd (because he's always baggin on Michigan) then the best way to make the point would have been to not go on the show at all. That was not good.

That interview is right up there with the Eminem interview with Herbstreit and Musberger.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:33 pm

I have a completely different take. I can't stand Cowherd, and JH was giving him some crappy answers to crappy questions.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:37 pm

I think we can all agree that Cowherd is an ass. Always has been, especially when it comes to UM. And we can probably agree that for the most part they were lame, cookie-cutter questions. but still, Jim did not do himself or the University any justice with that interview.

I can't wait to hear what Jim has to say about the interview though Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:39 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I have a completely different take.  I can't stand Cowherd, and JH was giving him some crappy answers to crappy questions.  

And made himself look crappy in the process. I am really tired of all the TMZ like attention he is getting. Maybe he is too.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:14 pm

If you go on Colin Cowherds twitter site, it seems 50/50 as in 50% Cowhards is the jerk, 50% Harbaugh is the jerk.

Listening to Ryan Russillo ESPN show, Danny Kanell told RR Harbaugh came off looking really bad. Then there's Stanford Steve, he's the producer of the show, his opinion was JH was the winner of the interview. DK asked why? SS reply, what is everyone talking about? Harbaugh & Michigan.

Now show is doing a 2nd segment about Harbaugh. SS says there's a method to Harbaughs madness. DK adds every time a coach is being interviewed he's selling the university.

The buy/bye question keeps being talked about. Great discussion between the 3. Kanell had 1 good point that Harbaugh over the yrs. has come off as a jerk that he better be careful. Bottom line if he wins, nobody cares about interviews.

Maybe JH stayed all 6hrs of the Tigers last night he was tired & pissed off! I don't know. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Ok, I just listened to it. I didn't think it was bad at all. It was not what I expected after reading about it.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Like Coach Harbaugh is going to be transparent...

Cowherd is the national Mike Valenti. They "buy/bye" section was more of Cowherd's fault. I took it the same way that Coach Harbaugh did.

However I did like the fact that sparty was not mentioned.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Looks like they made up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachJim4UM/status/616310600143081473
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:41 am

Good article by Angelique from the DFP:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/columnists/angelique-s-chengelis/2015/07/01/chengelis-tough-interview-part-harbaughs-persona/29600961/

I think she hit the nail on the head. Just Jim being Jim! I like it, I hope he never changes. As long as he doesn't get UM in trouble with the NCAA police, I have no problem with him.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:18 am

Thanks for posting. I agree.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:49 am

Question: Could their be something in H's contract that says he has to do so many radio/media appearances a year?

I (still) listen to Cowherd, and I agree with him most of the time. When he goes on his rants about which teams will be successful, he usually lists Michigan.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 9:47 am

Cowherd is out at ESPN.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 11:08 am

I think I read somewhere that Disney wants ESPN to shed nearly $250Mil by 2018.

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 1:38 pm

Yeah, I heard ESPN was in the red last year.

I tried calling his show yesterday. He was basically calling people losers for being outraged over Jenner getting the Ashe award and said if you don't like it, don't watch it. Then he claimed to be outraged when a horse was nominated for an award... Pot calling the kettle black. Hey Colin, if you don't agree, don't watch!!!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 1:41 pm

On Wednesday he spent 30+ minutes saying that he doesn't talk about the home run derby or slam dunk contests.  Over and over and over.  Hate to tell you this Colin, you just talked about it for over 30 minutes.   Idiot.

I guess I'm the idiot because I didn't change the station. I was waiting for the stats he teased about QB Performace.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 3:45 pm

If rumors are true, Colin Cowherd is going to FOX sports. Could just see it now halftime of M-Utah game, CC is the sideline reporter, he tries to interview Harbaugh. JH does his best Greg Popovich  interview with 1 word answers then runs off into tunnel. Would love it!

I don't mind Cowherd, listen periodically. When he gets on one of his rants I don't want to listen to I just flip channels. No big deal.

Didn't realize the Mother Ship, as Dan Patrick calls it, is bleeding. Disney wants ESPN to cut $100 million in 2016 another $250 million in 2017. According to article ESPN has lost 3.2 million subscribers since last yr.

If ESPN wants to save money, start with First Take. I think its Berman says something like ESPN is breaking the bank for its week of Super Bowl coverage. Those days of sending seems like hundreds of TV personalities, who know how people behind the scene will be greatly reduced.

Also talked about the B1G contract, expires after the 16'-17' season. Right now ESPN pays B1G $100 million a yr. Speculation B1G goes elsewhere.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/07/10/disney-is-making-espn-do-some-serious-cost-cutting
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:03 pm

booboo wrote:
Could just see it now halftime of M-Utah game, CC is the sideline reporter, he tries to interview Harbaugh. JH does his best Greg Popovich  interview with 1 word answers then runs off into tunnel. Would love it!

Better yet pull the Marshawn Lynch, "I'm here so I don't get fined."

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:47 pm

booboo wrote:
...If ESPN wants to save money, start with First Take...

^^ this is now the front runner for "Best Post of 2015" ^^

+10 booboo

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:50 pm

does anyone know the specifics of the SEC deal? I'm wondering if that deal broke ESPNs back. like a father having to take a second or third job to send his kid to a good school.

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:46 am

I think if you listen to anyone long enough, you can start to see that they're full of shit on some things.

He always said he talks about Lebron and the Cowboys constantly because that's what people really want to hear. I disagree. I would much rather hear a spot on the state of the Milwaukee Bucks, or how the prospects of the Houston Astros are progressing than another half hour of kissing Lebron's ass, or how Romo will be a Hall Of Famer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh on Cowherd   Harbaugh on Cowherd Empty

Back to top Go down

Harbaugh on Cowherd
Page 1 of 1