Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On this weekend's games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

On this weekend's games Empty
PostSubject: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:35 am

I see OSU is giving Wiscy a touchdown, which seems about right, given it's at the toilet...though Wisconsin's bash-em-into-pulp rushing attack will certainly challenge OSU's so-so, and young, defense.

I was surprised to see Oklahoma giving ND 3-1/2 points at SOuth Bend.  OU to me is, annually, the most overrated program of the last decade...I look for the Irish to win by 4-7 points.

Thoughts, on these and/or other games?  Nothing else to do (thank heaven, says my cardiologist) this weekend...
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:49 am

Thoughts?

I wish Michigan was playing tomorrow. Screw these early bye weeks.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:08 am

I get your drift, EJ, but after the last two times out, I can use a break from the stress of watching us narrowly avoid Appalachian State II (and III)...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:10 am

I think Ohio State rolls Wisconsin. Not sure why, but I have a very strong gut feeling that this game is being way overhyped and we're all going to be left staring at a blowout in the primetime slot.

I'm also surpised to see OU giving any points at all.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:41 am

Maybe they will, but I think Wiscy keeps it under 2 TDs. Worst I foresee is something like OSU winning 34-24 or so. I honestly don't expect a defensive battle.

I also would not rule out a Badger victory...though I don't expect one.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:05 am

Wisconsin's defense barely needed to suit up against UMass, Tennessee Tech and Purdue.  And while the Badgers did get screwed over by the officials in the Arizona State game, ASU still scored rather easily on Wisky's defense.  OSU does have some issues on defense but I still see them blowing Wisconsin out, unfortunately.  And then I see plenty of a*s kissing from the media to Urban Meyer on being the greatest coach who ever lived.  Also unfortunate.

Notre Dame/Oklahoma, I have no clue.  I haven't even seen the Sooners play.  But ND gets the added bonus of the officials, who have given them plenty and plenty of gifts in South Bend through the decades.  

Are there any other interesting games this weekend?  The yahoo sports homepage STILL has yet to be updated and the new layout is a pain to look through.

Edit: #6 LSU plays at #9 Georgia. They're SEC teams but it's hard to hate a top ten matchup.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:34 am

LSU and UGA should be a fun one to watch, no doubt.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:17 pm

michmike wrote:
I get your drift, EJ, but after the last two times out, I can use a break from the stress of watching us narrowly avoid Appalachian State II  (and III)...
I have the Lions for that...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:33 pm

EJinGA wrote:
I have the Lions for that...
I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop as well, it's out there. History dictates that they'll lose this weekend but I don't know. I'll of course be watching bbut it's almost like a Vaudeville act at this point.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:44 pm

I think they beat the Bears. Detroit looked good at home in week 1. Chicago will miss Henry Melton more than the Lions will miss Burelson.

Then, sigh.... Hopes and expectations would sky rocket just to have the team implode or fold from injuries...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 3:07 pm

In all my years on this planet I've come to the conclusion that there are only two certainties: taxes and a Lions collapse because of something stupid. This might be the beginning of the end:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9715810/detroit-lions-wr-nate-burleson-breaks-arm-car-crash

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 7:18 pm

I'm OK with your first certainty in life, 2nd...even if no one else is.

Heck, my salary has to come from somewhere...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Pretty sure that the Lions collapse is more prevalent than taxes...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On this weekend's games   On this weekend's games Empty

Back to top Go down

On this weekend's games
Page 1 of 1