Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.

Go down 
+3
wshoes
dwoody
BetterThansparty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. Empty
PostSubject: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:28 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/detroit-lions-dominic-raiola-taunt-wisconsin-band-100713

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Sparty-like behavior.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Yep, they're acting like their coach. Don't get me wrong, I like the Lions. It's just I know enough not to expect anything from them. All the Lions fans that I know are blaming the loss to the Packers yesterday on the Lions not having their top 2 WR's...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 7:36 pm

I am totally numb to the Lions after 50 years as a fan. If they ever actually make it to a Super Bowl, I will be both shocked and delighted, but I just can't visualize it.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 7:41 pm

2ndComingOfBo referred to band members as "band fags" and then links this story. Oh the irony.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:21 pm

wshoes wrote:
I am totally numb to the Lions after 50 years as a fan. If they ever actually make it to a Super Bowl, I will be both shocked and delighted, but I just can't visualize it.

'shoes
Yep, I know the feeling. 30+ years of agony for me, not quite what you have but yes.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:49 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Yep, they're acting like their coach.  Don't get me wrong, I like the Lions.  It's just I know enough not to expect anything from them.  All the Lions fans that I know are blaming the loss to the Packers yesterday on the Lions not having their top 2 WR's...
Well, yeah. It's pretty obvious theyre not going to win that game without CJ. They actually didnt play all that bad without him. With CJ they might have a chance of winning. But I am so sick of losing one player loses the game with these guys.

The real reason why they wont ever be any good is because they have half of the salary cap invested in THREE players. One goes down, bye bye season.

And look at the Falcons, Ryan gets his pay day and now they suck. You can't afford to put good players on the field when you pay the QB that much money.

Look at the best teams in the league right now. Most of them have QB's on a rookie contract. They can afford to surround him with talent.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Talk of the Lions is just depressing. Always.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:06 pm

dwoody wrote:
Talk of the Lions is just depressing. Always.
That's why I don't take them seriously. They're a Vaudeville Act.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Lions gonna Lion.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Hey jj- haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope Mitch's back issues don't become chronic.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:00 pm

wshoes wrote:
Hey jj- haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope Mitch's back issues don't become chronic.

'shoes
hey shoes. I'm a very seasonal sports fan. Still clinging to baseball (maybe for only a few more hours). I'll still getting warmed up on the fall sports. Perish the thought about Mitch.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:29 pm

jjabilene wrote:
wshoes wrote:

'shoes
hey shoes. I'm a very seasonal sports fan. Still clinging to baseball (maybe for only a few more hours). I'll still getting warmed up on the fall sports. Perish the thought about Mitch.
We live for 2 more days at least!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 pm

wshoes wrote:
jjabilene wrote:
wshoes wrote:

'shoes
I admit, was about to give up when down 3-0.  Dropped a lot of f-bombs and started pacing the basement.  Still alive.  Max is the man.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:54 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:
jjabilene wrote:
wshoes wrote:

'shoes
I admit, was about to give up when down 3-0.  Dropped a lot of f-bombs and started pacing the basement.  Still alive.  Max is the man.
The Tigers are really tough to watch right now. This all or nothing approach to hitting is really hard on the fans.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Exciting game to watch last night.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 pm

I missed the "Homerun" live as I was driving back from having dinner. The Tigers radio announcers did not sound very confident, I tried to keep an open-mind until I saw it though. The announcers were absolutely stunned when it was ruled a HR but they took it (as if they had any choice). I got home, flipped on the TV, and finally saw it. Yes it was close but you do realize that the ball doesn't come straight down right? It would have been closer than we would have liked but yes the ball would have left the yard.

Don't believe me? Checkout this unreliable source...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1803894-tigers-vs-as-video-watch-victor-martinez-hit-controversial-hr-to-tie-game-4?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=detroit-tigers

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.   OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: This is why the Detroit Lions will never be any good.
Page 1 of 1