Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- Empty
PostSubject: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Ball State was 16-18 in the three years before he became head coach there and 10-24 under him in his first 3 years. For all of the man ball talk, in his best last season there the offense featured a small mobile dynamic QB leading the offense, not a Grbac, Brady, Henne type.

His best season at SDSU his defense was a 3-3-5 which Mich fans proclaimed to loathe. Did he take the Mich job with the proviso that you must advocate a certain style of play, as opposed to just effective offense and defense no matter how you do it?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
blueest

PostSubject: Re: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:41 pm

I have a feeling Brandon might have forced Hoke to run manball. If you read the statement Brandon gave about why he fired RR, Brandon mentioned we weren't physical enough. Brandon reminds of a Jerry Jones type.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 pm

I think Hoke is a 'my way' coach. And his way is not working. He needs to change up the offense, but he keeps doing the same things over and over.

Even the Lions are making half time adjustments and winning football games. Hoke's first half and second half game plans are identical.

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:52 pm

another thing- it isn't like Ball State was some moribund program that never had any success before or after Hoke. The school is 233-211 all time in D1. Under Hoke they were 34-38, so he actually dragged down their averages.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Sooooooooooo... Where are you going with this? Are you saying you want Hoke gone?

According to most people here, we are stuck with the guy.
Back to top Go down
blueest

PostSubject: Re: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 2:03 pm

EJ - I hear a lot of people act as if his special season at Ball State was the indicative that he was building a great program. Several BCS coaches now had more immediate success at MAC schools.

Gary Pinkel and Urban Meyer are two that come to mind.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 2:05 pm

A) We are stuck with him

B) The evidence says he is not a great coach, but

C) Even not a great coach can be very successful with the advantages that Michigan has and

D) See A).

'shoes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 2:46 pm

wshoes wrote:
A) We are stuck with him

B) The evidence says he is not a great coach, but

C) Even not a great coach can be very successful with the advantages that Michigan has and

D) See A).

'shoes
BINGO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:04 pm

another thing- it isn't like Ball State was some moribund program that never had any success before or after Hoke. The school is 233-211 all time in D1. Under Hoke they were 34-38, so he actually dragged down their averages.

'shoes

Yeah, I never felt Hokes record qualified him for a football power program like Michigan. Maybe an Indiana or similar, but not at Michigan.

I am willing to give him 1-2 more years but my gut tells me that in 2 years I will regret it.
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 pm

no way he gets another year if next year is an 8 win season with the same ineptness at play calling , oline play and running the ball , if these same problems still persist after bowl , spring and fall practices then he should be run out of town after next season
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-   Coach Hoke is no miracle worker- Empty

Back to top Go down

Coach Hoke is no miracle worker-
Page 1 of 1