Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gardner in a boot.

Go down 
+5
joe
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
GOBLUEJOE66
MgoBlue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:17 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/12/michigan_qb_devin_gardner_on_c.html
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Hopefully it isn't very serious, and the boot should limit his practice time, which in the long run should help him rest his body for a few extra days, which I am sure he needs.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:33 am

Heard he has pretty severe turf toe. Not good.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:39 am

YUCK!!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 11:55 am

Good excuse to get Morris some extra reps and ready for next year, Why should we go through the Denard zone again this kid will not be a QB at the next level(Even if he make it to the pro's, a big ?) Lets start moving forward now...
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 12:04 pm

There are some that don't care what he does in the pros.

Look, the question remains who gives us the best chance to win. If it's Shane then it's Shane. If it's Devin then it's Devin.

Brady Hoke gets graded on his wins and losses, not by how many of his players play the same position in the pros.

Are you going to be the one that tells the fan base that we're not going to play the best current player to win but rather we might lose now but, by God, we're moving forward.

In fact I'll add, I wanna see your posts all year when we lose but "we're moving forward."
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 12:31 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Good excuse to get Morris some extra reps and ready for next year, Why should we go through the Denard zone again this kid will not be a QB at the next level(Even if he make it to the pro's, a big ?) Lets start moving forward now...

I'm guessing Hoke wants to keep his job after next year, the best way to accomplish that goal is most likely with Gardner as QB next year. I don't think the fan base would be too pleased with another 6 or 7 win season, which is probably what you'd get with Morris at QB.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Devin is the best chance to win. I hope he can play, and I hope he is the starter next season.
Back to top Go down

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 2:23 pm

You think Morris as a sophomore will not be ready , Surprise to hear that,
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 5:42 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
You think Morris as a sophomore will not be ready , Surprise to hear that,

I personally don't expect him to be ready considering the problems I still expect us to have on offense, namely youth all over the place. Maybe if he was surrounded by experience and a strong line he would be ok, but I still think Gardner would be the better option. Morris was a 5-star phenom as a junior, but ever since his senior year and that bout with mono, he dropped a lot in the recruiting rankings and he's seemed more like a longer term project than a sure thing. About the only thing I've heard about him since he's been at Michigan is that he was having trouble picking up the play book. This is just my hunch, but in two years I think he'll be in a full-on competition with Speight for the starter's job. At least then, there SHOULD be major talent all over the place.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Morris has played very little football the last two years. I'd be shocked if he were ready.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:51 pm

No practice for Devin this week.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/12/michigan_qb_devin_gardner_not.html
Back to top Go down
michmike

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:04 am

JJAb, I'll take your word about Shane's alleged "difficulty" picking up the playbook. But something else I read is more unsettling (to me).

Mind you, I read this (somewhere). Could be the whole truth and nuthin' but, could be a bullshit tip. But anyway: Mr. Morris (it claims) also has had an issue with his maturity (as a person). And if true, that of course would carry over to the football field, where discipline and dedication are so important.

I only type what I recall reading. As I say, take it FWIW...maybe nothing---namely, formulated in the [sorry excuse for a] mind of some flamer.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:09 am

What 18 year old doesn't have issues with maturity?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:16 am

michmike wrote:
JJAb, I'll take your word about Shane's alleged "difficulty" picking up the playbook. But something else I read is more unsettling (to me).

Mind you, I read this (somewhere). Could be the whole truth and nuthin' but, could be a bullshit tip. But anyway: Mr. Morris (it claims) also has had an issue with his maturity (as a person). And if true, that of course would carry over to the football field, where discipline and dedication are so important.

I only type what I recall reading. As I say, take it FWIW...maybe nothing---namely, formulated in the [sorry excuse for a] mind of some flamer.

The (low) standard for maturity as a freshman QB at Mich was Ryan Mallet. I no longer have the sources with the Mich team I had then so I have no idea with respect to Shane but that is disturbing. Of course from a football maturity standpoint Mallett had thrown about a gazillion more passes in HS than Shane so he should have been further along.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 10:56 am

wshoes wrote:
michmike wrote:

The (low) standard for maturity as a freshman QB at Mich was Ryan Mallet. I no longer have the sources with the Mich team I had then so I have no idea with respect to Shane but that is disturbing. Of course from a football maturity standpoint Mallett had thrown about a gazillion more passes in HS than Shane so he should have been further along.

'shoes

Mallett did turn out to be a pretty good college QB too, so things can still work out for Morris, even if there are issues, which none of us are sure of anyways. Just think he's pretty far from a sure thing at this point.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 am

Morris is getting older everyday and hopefully maturing to the point he can lead IN 2015. I'm sure the mono was quite a setback. As you probably know, incoming stud receiver Drake Harris (GR Christian) did not play a single down this year.
Back to top Go down

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:07 pm

wasn't that the issue with Gardner his 1st 2 years the staff thought he needed to mature, and assume the leadership
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gardner in a boot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner in a boot.   Gardner in a boot. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gardner in a boot.
Page 1 of 1