Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)

Go down 
+5
fishgoblue22
the artist formally known
wshoes
michmike
EJinGA
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) Empty
PostSubject: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:54 am

If you are a Michigan sports fan, it has been an awful season for just about all our teams.

Michigan: Just read this forum... I'm not sure thier is much to be excited about for next season. They're going to roll with the same coaching staff and are losing big time recruits. I know I am more negative about this team than most, and a lot of you have more faith in them. Thier is nothing to tell me that this team will be any better next year.

Lions: Another epic dissapointment. This one bigger than all the ones before it. But, Schwartz if finally gone, and I think they are a good coach away from being a playoff contender. Next season could be the year they FINALLY make the jump. IF they hire the right coach (Whisenhunt), the Lions may have a good year.

Tigers: Fielder is gone, and they are a more balanced team. Not sure they'll be a better team, but it's got to wear on players to see someone like Fielder do NOTHING and make all that money.

Red Wings: So far this season has been lousy. I know they might get it together like they did last year by the playoffs. Last year was a fluke, and Bobcock is riding the has beens this year, hoping for more success. Too many declining vets, and not enough ice time for the youngsters. If they miss the playoffs, I hope the finally replace Babcock with Blashill. Excited to see the future with guys like Mantha, Jurco and Oulette.

Pistons: The only team living up to thier expectations, and they were low to begin with. I think this team future is very bright, and I am higher on them then most. They are setting themselves up nicely for the post Lebron era, which can't come soon enough in my opinion.

What do you expect from your teams this year, whether they are Michigan teams, or not?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:36 am

FTR, I have only two teams in any sport at any level: the Michigan
football and basketball squads. But to your point on the Tigers: yes, I have to believe seeing Fielder delivering such rock-bottom quality at such a sky-high price has to grate on the rest of the team---most of whom were pulling their share.

And to this observer, the fact he's such a fat, lazy** pig quadruples the infuriation factor. It would be bad enough were he looking the part of an athlete and failing to deliver.

** Whatever his work ethic, no one who looks like that can lack a good degree of laziness.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:55 am

Excited about the Tigers, I think they are a better team than they were and they were already very good. I like the fielding and relief pitching upgrades.

Red Wings-I don't have a good feeling about.

Pistons- I don't watch the NBA (I might make an exception if they ever show a Utah game).

Michigan- Man I hope GR3 isn't seriously hurt.

'shoes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Tigers still have great pitching, we'll see about run scoring losing Peralta and Fielder is a +/- situation losing Fister is bigger than both of them if Smyly can't get it done.

Red Wings = Jimmy Howard better get his act together soon or the streak will end. Goals are an issue. Holland has not been effective since the cap was applied. over spending for ave player.

NBA= Not basketball Assoc

College. the Michigan BB team I had very high hopes for even though Burke and Hardaway went, thought that McGary would give us an inside game and we would be able to go 2 bigs now and then with him and Horford. But Belien doesn't want to play that way and it don't matter know. GRIII has been pretty effective. Stauskas is hot and cold. Lavert is ? gonna be rough at time to watch

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:38 pm

wshoes wrote:
Excited about the Tigers, I think they are a better team than they were and they were already very good. I like the fielding and relief pitching upgrades.

Red Wings-I don't have a good feeling about.

Pistons- I don't watch the NBA (I might make an exception if they ever show a Utah game).

Michigan- Man I hope GR3 isn't seriously hurt.

'shoes

I concur with everything you typed.  Also, UM hockey is having a solid this year.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:48 pm

I think the future looks bright for the Wings, if Holland finally stops over paying for washed up veterans (and stops signing them all together). Weiss' contract is going to become a big issue... But, the young talent is there. The kids love coach Blashill, and he is being groomed to be the next coach of the Wings...

Alexey Marchenko was called up. The Wings are slowly, and quietly going with the youth movement.

I wish thier was a Red Wings dedicated forum that had folks like you all. The big two are filled with people who think they're experts...

I should pickup Fox Sports Detroit to watch some Michigan Hockey.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Regarding Fielder, doesn't anyone think the fact that Avisial Garcia was boning his wife had anything to do with his (Fielder's) sub-par season? Garcia was a cancer in the clubhouse.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:12 pm

You forgot about Michigan Hockey falling into a rut the last two games. December wasn't really that great to them but it could have been worse. Hopefully they can get back on track in the new year.

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:46 pm

dwoody wrote:
Regarding Fielder, doesn't anyone think the fact that Avisial Garcia was boning his wife had anything to do with his (Fielder's) sub-par season? Garcia was a cancer in the clubhouse.

Whoa, that's the first I've heard of this. Do you have an inside source or something? I remember you also made an interesting comment about Bullough.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:51 pm

jjabilene wrote:
dwoody wrote:

Whoa, that's the first I've heard of this. Do you have an inside source or something? I remember you also made an interesting comment about Bullough.

Apparently this was well known

http://nextimpulsesports.com/2013/12/24/apparently-avisail-garcia-slept-prince-fielders-wife-last-season/

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/apparently_avisail_garcia_slept_with_prince_fielders_wife_last_season/15383464

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 5:51 pm

I heard that's why Garcia was shipped out earlier in the year.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 10:36 pm

My Ferris St. Bulldogs are #2 in the nation and have a chance to be #1 by the end of tonight. Minnesota is #1 but is currently losing to Colgate. Ferris St. plays the winner of Minnesota vs Colgate tomorrow night.

PostSubject: Re: It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)   It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014) Empty

Back to top Go down

It's been a shit sports season, but... (2014)
Page 1 of 1