Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horford.

Go down 
+3
wshoes
the artist formally known
dwoody
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Horford.   Horford. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Doing a nice job, and Zak looks okay. Nothing wrong with Robinson, either. In fact, all look good. I realize it's Northwestern, but this is a nice game for our guys.
Back to top Go down

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Missed the entire 1st half , I thought they played later today. They look pretty efficient the 2 nd half, This team is so much better when they play with a lead and can relax. Robinson showed no signs of injury, Horford look good for him but sometime still plays like he's only 6'6" . Irvin was hot again and Stauskas was a assist guy.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:04 pm

!6 pt, 18 rebounds for Horford/ Morgan. Jordan had a good game as well.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 4:25 pm

All three of you make spot-on points.  And yes, whilst it didn't prove a helluva lot, against a team outside the RPI top 150, (1) great that GR3's ankle is apparently no problem, and (2) definitely a case of "taking care of business" in a game we definitely should win easily.

Pretty fair expectation, I feel, to assume we'll go into Madison 12-4...and, thus, on a 6-game roll.

Tough place to play, tough (at home) opponent---but still, I'm not convinced the Badgers are everything the RPI ratings and polls say they are.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 4:57 pm

I think Wisconsin is the most overrated team in the country and Iowa will expose them today.

They start three guys under 6'3.

sandyeggo_blue

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:50 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I think Wisconsin is the most overrated team in the country and Iowa will expose them today.

and on queue I just turned on the game. 2 min remaining and Iowa has a double digit lead.

Hail I also talked earlier about how overrated I believe UW to be. How solid do you really think their win over florida was? I can't quite get a gauge on florida yet.

wshoes

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Iowa is really good this year. Fran can coach,
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 10:43 pm

We can't sleep on @nebraska either, they look much improved this year.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:56 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

and on queue I just turned on the game. 2 min remaining and Iowa has a double digit lead.

Hail I also talked earlier about how overrated I believe UW to be. How solid do you really think their win over florida was? I can't quite get a gauge on florida yet.

Iowa got hosed so bad by the refs. There was some serious home-cooking going on. Iowa's coach was ejected because his lid flipped when enough was enough.

I think Florida will have a really good team by the end of the year. Wisconsin got lucky and played them when they were without two of their top 6 players (Wilbekin and Finney-Smith). Chris Walker is also eligible 2nd semester and he was a top 10 recruit. Their team now is much better than the team Wisconsin played. Their team in March is going to be much, much better than the team Wisconsin played.

Strength of Schedule and RPI don't take that into consideration, though, so that is going to look like a really good win for Wisconsin.

I fully expect Wisconsin to make their usual early round exit in the NCAAT.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:07 am

yep that was some really bad officiating but on the other hand Iowa blew some golden opportunities at the line tonight.

That game could have gone either way but that is already the 3rd time this year that they have allowed a team to put up 70+ on them at home and it really shows that they are not the same team as they have been. They are definitely beatable and I suspect it's going to be a rough next two months for them.

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:00 pm

I've always thought Wisconsin gets the most favorable whistle at home in the Big Ten, with probably Indiana second. I really believe that the red-faced, spittle flying, screaming at the refs that Ryan does has an effect on the number of calls they get(or the other team doesn't get).

I just gotta say, when they pulled out another one of their miracles against us last year, I sooooo enjoyed watching them get sent home early in the tournament while we made our long run. They'll probably do the same this year--really well in the Big Ten, followed by an early exit in the big dance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horford. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horford.   Horford. Empty

Back to top Go down

Horford.
Page 1 of 1