Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nussmeier new OC

Go down 
+6
wshoes
fishgoblue22
hailtoyourvictor
sandyeggo_blue
the artist formally known
MgoBlue
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:51 pm

there are no words.....

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/24402908/michigan-hires-oc-nussmeier-away-from-alabama
Back to top Go down

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:56 pm

NICE!

A former NFL QB to boot.

I love it!

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Amazing hire. Only 43 which will infuse a little youth to the coaching staff. Sounds like he is a descent recruiter. Our recruits should be ecstatic.
Back to top Go down

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Wonder what this will mean to Gardner and company, Will devan still be the Qb or is somone else stepping in

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Yeah, my only concern is, he probably won't be around long. Someone will want to hire his arse soon for HC I would guess.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:06 pm

BillMFan wrote:
Yeah, my only concern is, he probably won't be around long. Someone will want to hire his arse soon for HC I would guess.

Oh come on! Don't say that. I am sky high right now. I guess we will have to worry about that when that day comes.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Looks like some recruits are already noticing.

https://twitter.com/moeways/status/421114605679955968
Back to top Go down

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Van Haarrien Thinks Ricky towne might change his commit now that Nussmeir is comming to Michigan

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:15 pm

Our QB situation would be set for years to come.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:28 pm

http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeCoachRankings
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:20 am

the artist formally known wrote:
Van Haarrien Thinks Ricky towne might change his commit now that Nussmeir is comming to Michigan

You all better not hope for another QB commit. UM is FIRM on only taking one QB this class. If Town comes then Speight goes. There were already rumors that Borges contacted O Conner after BOB left PSU.

Being a recruiting guy myself there is no way you drop Speight from this class. After all that Speight has done for recruiting, to drop him could leave a bad taste in other recruit's mouths. IMO it wouldn't be a good move

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:29 am

Drop Speight????? He is already on Campus.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:31 am

"In 2011, even though UW had to replace a first-round pick at quarterback (Jake Locker), Nussmeier's offense scored 57 touchdowns and 434 points, the second-highest totals in school history (behind only the Huskies' 1991 national championship team). And in his three seasons at UW, his offenses got statistically better each year.

Under Nussmeier's guidance, Bama set records for offensive touchdowns scored (68), total points (542), total offense (6,237) and passing touchdowns (31) in the 2012 season--his first with the Crimson Tide. Despite a rebuilt offensive line, Bama ranked No. 6 in the nation this season in yards per play (7.15) and were ranked third in the nation in that stat in games against ranked opponents (7.59)."

Sounds pretty damn good to me.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:40 am

MgoBlue wrote:
Drop Speight?????  He is already on Campus.

That completely slipped by me. I can't believe it did. I was just so focused on NSD ha ha. Still the only way we take another QB is if our staff does a complete 180 from what they've been preaching for the last 18 months. At this point nothing would surprise me.

hailtoyourvictor

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:49 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

You all better not hope for another QB commit. UM is FIRM on only taking one QB this class. If Town comes then Speight goes. There were already rumors that Borges contacted O Conner after BOB left PSU.

Being a recruiting guy myself there is no way you drop Speight from this class. After all that Speight has done for recruiting, to drop him could leave a bad taste in other recruit's mouths. IMO it wouldn't be a good move

Wilton Speight is in the class of 2014. Ricky Town is in the class of 2015.

Ricky Town will play in the NFL some day, bank on it. If he had any interest in coming to Michigan, we better be open armed. Read this scouting report and tell me what former Michigan quarterback it reminds you of. In fact, you could replace every "Town" with said quarterback's name and it would still read smoothly.

"Scouting Report

'The first thing that sticks out when watching the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Town is just how comfortable he is playing the position. He's in complete command on the field, shows an advanced understanding as has as good of quarterback feel as possible at a young age. The game moves slow for Town whether the pocket is perfect, or he is under duress. There is nothing rushed or a look of being flustered when the pocket collapses, but only a calm demeanor with an understanding of always knowing where his check-down or hot is located. Town also plays in a multiple offense, playing both under center and in the shotgun and is an advanced ball-handler. A pure pro-style signal caller, he does a good job of playing with active feet in the pocket and moving/sliding to create windows. His accuracy is also top-notch, he sees the entire field with the eyes down the field when flushed and playing on the move. Simply put, Town makes the tough throws look simple, and the simple throws look the same. He also has a quick arm. While the elbow can be low at times, he has the ability to change arm angles/release points when forced to -- and still throws an accurate and catchable ball. Town also hides his arm strength, only brining out velocity throws when forced to. Because he has such feel and an understanding, he isn't always looking to make the most difficult throw with tightly closing windows that forces maximum velocity. That also helps create an advanced and natural ability to make accurate throws on rolls out going left or right.' – Gerry Hamilton, National Scouting Director, 247Sports "
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:20 am

BillMFan wrote:
That would mean he is showing continued success, which is good for UM.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:35 am

This article implies that Saban was going to fire Nussmeier and the UM was going to keep Borges until Nussmeier became available.

http://mgoblog.com
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 8:12 am

First thoughts (same as posted on Mlive)

At first glance I like the hire-

1) It seems like he is flexible in his approach and not wedded to one particular system which is good for where we are at now.

2) It looks like he is good with QBs and that they improve under him. I still have nightmares of Drew Stanton and Smoker had a really good year with him too.

3) It's nice to get a younger guy. I was always a little uncomfortable with our big 3 being so old. Different management viewpoints when you get along can be energizing.

I am curious as to why Saban had apparently cooled on him but that could have been a lot of things that have nothing to do with his chances of success with us.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 8:59 am

One thing is abundantly clear-Hoke needs to win now. This move takes away one of the only scapegoats he had. Michigan is paying good money to assistants. Excuses will be in short supply.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 9:36 am

If I was a dog, my tail would be wagging! I am so damn happy!
Back to top Go down

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:56 am

I'm just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad AB won't be calling the plays this year.

YEEHAW!

I  may just get drunk tonight celebrating!

Well, on second thought, maybe not...............I'm gettin to old for that sh*t!!!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:58 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Ricky Town will play in the NFL some day, bank on it. If he had any interest in coming to Michigan, we better be open armed. Read this scouting report and tell me what former Michigan quarterback it reminds you of. In fact, you could replace every "Town" with said quarterback's name and it would still read smoothly.

"Scouting Report

'The first thing that sticks out when watching the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Town is just how comfortable he is playing the position. He's in complete command on the field, shows an advanced understanding as has as good of quarterback feel as possible at a young age. The game moves slow for Town whether the pocket is perfect, or he is under duress. There is nothing rushed or a look of being flustered when the pocket collapses, but only a calm demeanor with an understanding of always knowing where his check-down or hot is located. Town also plays in a multiple offense, playing both under center and in the shotgun and is an advanced ball-handler. A pure pro-style signal caller, he does a good job of playing with active feet in the pocket and moving/sliding to create windows. His accuracy is also top-notch, he sees the entire field with the eyes down the field when flushed and playing on the move. Simply put, Town makes the tough throws look simple, and the simple throws look the same. He also has a quick arm. While the elbow can be low at times, he has the ability to change arm angles/release points when forced to -- and still throws an accurate and catchable ball. Town also hides his arm strength, only brining out velocity throws when forced to. Because he has such feel and an understanding, he isn't always looking to make the most difficult throw with tightly closing windows that forces maximum velocity. That also helps create an advanced and natural ability to make accurate throws on rolls out going left or right.' – Gerry Hamilton, National Scouting Director, 247Sports "

That's two gross oversights on my part.  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

I think my track record proves that I'm usually spot on (or at least in the ball park). In my defense it was a long day yesterday and by the time I got home last night (8pm PST) and all of this was going down I was scrambling to put my thoughts together and my brain power was running on fumes and I was just plain confused.

Sorry guys... it won't happen again lol! 

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:33 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Drop Speight?????  He is already on Campus.

That wouldn't stop Les Miles from dropping him.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:35 pm

wshoes wrote:
First thoughts (same as posted on Mlive)

I am curious as to why Saban had apparently cooled on him but that could have been a lot of things that have nothing to do with his chances of success with us.

'shoes

Because Bama lost two games in a row, which is unthinkable down there ;-).
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:41 pm

Well sort of expected IMO but it looks like the Borges firing is not hurting recruiting. It think it is very telling that a large number of recruits had little to no contact with Borges. Meanwhile many seem excited about the new hire.

http://mgoblog.com/content/borges-out-nussmeier-recruits-react
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 pm

So Bama scores an average of 29 points and that is bad, maybe Saban should have looked at his D and special teams, the offense did it's part
Back to top Go down

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Well one thing the SEC has No defense, so 29 points is not that auspicious, But compared to what Borges was doing and his offense, I'll take that here in the blizzard north. Borges just got to predictable

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Absolutely love the hire, I really think it was Saban apparent love affair with Kiffen that was the ultimate reason why Nussmeier was allowed to leave. Would love to hear any McCarron quotes on Nussmeier
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:08 pm

I doubt he has any impact on this class but who knows for next year.

For those that are wondering 247 Nussmeier checks in as the #14 best recruiter for the 2014 class. He recruited 4 players to Bama this year.

5* ATH 6'2" 225lb Bo Scarbrough (IMG Academy - Tuscaloosa AL)
4* LB/S/Dual-QB 6'2" 215lb Ronnie Clark (Calera - Calera AL)
4* WR 6'5" 197lb Derek Kief (LaSalle - Cincinnati OH)
3* LB/ATH 6'4" 210lb Keith Holcombe (Hillcrest - Tuscaloosa AL)

GOBLUEJOE66

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:11 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

"Scouting Report

That's two gross oversights on my part.  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

I think my track record proves that I'm usually spot on (or at least in the ball park). In my defense it was a long day yesterday and by the time I got home last night (8pm PST) and all of this was going down I was scrambling to put my thoughts together and my brain power was running on fumes and I was just plain confused.

Sorry guys... it won't happen again lol! 

It's OK Sandy. We all have "those" days! LOL

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nussmeier new OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nussmeier new OC   Nussmeier new OC Empty

Back to top Go down

Nussmeier new OC
Page 1 of 1