Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:51 am

They flip that Wisconsin 4 star DT, and will likely land McDowell.

O$U and MSU are moving forward, and Hoke and Michigan are not doing shit but dealing with the miss doings of a freaking kicker...
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:30 pm

T%hats because Michigan already has a number of commitments and are working on 2015 recruits, I read where Mc Dowell is more than likely going to O$U or FSU.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 1:40 pm

You have to win or show that you are moving in that direction instead of the wrong direction. 2014 is critical.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
...I read where Mc Dowell is more than likely going to O$U or FSU...

Yep, his parents are now on record saying they do NOT want him at MSU. They don't feel that the academics are good enough for him to be successful if his football career doesn't pan out and to add to that, they also said they do NOT want him going to school anywhere in the state of michigan (which would include UM). They said they want him out of the environment to have a chance in life.

IMO, it looks like O$U pulled a fast one. He just visited O$U last week directly after Hoke's in home visit so you gotta believe UM is out.

Another thing to consider is that FSU did just recently ask one of their 2014 Dline recruits to grey shirt so maybe they believe MM will be at FSU.

If MM goes to O$U they will pull another fast one and stick him on the O line. They are desperate for O lineman and have way too many DEs as it is. Don't have to be Nostradamus to see how that would play out at O$U.

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:05 am

So, its national signing day and we lose out on the state's number one recruit. Hoke's class likely won't even stay in the top 25!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:37 am

It's kinda hard ej, when you are only bringing in 16 kids.

Others are bringing in 20, 25, 28 kids.

Keep the star average in mind

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:48 am

Though we had at least 18 spots.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:49 am

My point remains.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:00 am

Ok, I'm not going to get into arguments about how good the class is, how many we have, or anything like that.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sbnation/SBNation_20140203_Michigan_football_recruiting_2014__Signing_Day_class_small__but_potent.html

One item that I find beneficial is 7 out of 16 commitments are ALREADY IN SCHOOL.

I'm fairly certain they do not put that in the equation anywhere. I feel it's important. It also shows these kids are fairly bright or they wouldn't be starting college early.

These are only opinions.

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:29 am

joe wrote:

That puts it more into perspective... Good point.

Though it still seems that Hoke is losing his recruiting mojo. Another shit season and it will be gone.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:35 am

Well, we DID just go 7-6.

It's an ugly cycle. Gott recruit well to play well, gotta ply well so you cn recruit well.

I stepped back just a little and thought how it might look on the outside. Michigan has not been "elite" for years now. Yet we still pull in highly ranked classes. Other schools probably look at us like they look at ND. "How can a 7-6 team pull in the #3 recruit in the country?????"

Have to admit, as a Michigan fan, I'm starting to ask the same questions.

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 am

Kids want to belong to a winner, not worl and make a winner, with the players that we have at Michigan, we should be a power house but the kids are the one that make the difference ,not just the coaching. Technic and scheme are important , but the players are the one that make it a success, Hard work and dedication are important.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 1:27 pm

joe wrote:

Class size is a factor but not as big of one as you would think....

From 2010 - 2013 (four classes) Alabama signed 103 kids. 103 F#CKING recruits!!!!!!

From 2010 - 2013 (four classes) Stanford signed 75 kids.

How in the world Bama got 85 scholarships out of 29+22+26+26 is beyond me. That is the kind of math Hand will be learning while studying engineering at Bama I guess.

Of course you can argue that Bama has had quite a bit of attrition from guys going to the NFL early but no way is it 18 kids. No F-ing way have they had 18 kids go to the NFL early in the last 4 classes. That's an entire class for most schools. WTF they are doing down there to get it to 85 scholarship players is beyond me.

On the other hand you have Stanford. Stanford only signed 75 kids during that period and by all accounts they have been a top tier team in football during that span. So basically class sizes aren't the biggest factor.

To me it's coaching and here's why I argue the point....

From 2010 - 2013 (four classes) Michigan signed 98 kids. The 2010 class had 27 recruits in it, of which only 3 are left. THREE F#CKING RECRUITS (Gardner, Ryan and Hagerup)!

To add to that we've lost a handful more from the 2011 and 2012 class. So basically, of the 98 kids we've signed, I believe we have 71 recruits remaining from that time span. Stanford coached their kids up. Why didn't UM?

So I will agree numbers and stars play a big role in the success of the class but in the end it's the coaching that matters IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 1:33 pm

And to your point, that coaching staff lost Hand and McDowell (And likely Wilson and Harris). The more I read and post the more pissed off I get. I keep trying to find a silver lining, and it isn't getting any easier.

Shit, their was a point where Peppers was waivering.

Hoke's first year was the honeymoon phase, and the last two have been the marriage. After next year the divorce?

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 1:45 pm

EJinGA wrote:
And to your point, that coaching staff lost Hand and McDowell (And likely Wilson and Harris). The more I read and post the more pissed off I get. I keep trying to find a silver lining, and it isn't getting any easier.

Shit, their was a point where Peppers was waivering.

Hoke's first year was the honeymoon phase, and the last two have been the marriage. After next year the divorce?

Do you mean Campbell and Harris? If so, I firmly believe they are both gone.

I know Harris said UM is still number one but I've personally heard and read things that I can't share that make me feel that Harris will not end up at UM.

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 1:55 pm

Yes... It's going to be another long year...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting   Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting Empty

Back to top Go down

Tough seeing how well MSU is recruiting
Page 1 of 1