Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Been watching the selection shows

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Been watching the selection shows  Empty
PostSubject: Been watching the selection shows    Been watching the selection shows  EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 7:10 pm

and listening to everyone on TV.

I don't know why they're even playing the first 5 rounds. The Elite 8 are just about the same for almost everyone with a couple of exceptions.

Three of the 4 Elite 8 games will pit Kentucky against Fla and Louisville vs Duke and Iowa St vs MSU. Why even play those bracket?

I just shake my head. NOT 1 "expert" picks the B1G Regular Season Champion to beat Duke.

This year is going to be just like every year. It's not going to end up like everyone thinks it is.

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Been watching the selection shows    Been watching the selection shows  EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:34 pm

The last thing I expected from Mike Valenti on twitter @mikevalenti971
"the lovefest on ESPN is out of hand. Don't like it or understand it. Barely .500 6wks to one nice weekend? PUMP BRAKES"

He being a Spartan lover, nice surprise to hear him being honest. The idea of losing to M 3 times in a year had to piss off Izzo & team. I would love to hear what he had to say night before/ day of game. State played a perfect weekend, give them credit. But a healthy sparty team lost at home to Illini and on road to buckeyes.

The Dickie V lovefest with Duke,( a little creepy BTW) ESPN always has them making a long run. Florida, only 3 teams from SEC made tourney, lost to badgers & UCONN. Plus M had no problem with them last yr.

Louisville, give them credit, they're a good team, Pitino a good coach. But if M where to meet up in elite 8, I see no reason why M can't beat them

BTW did you mean Kansas vs Fla. in elite 8? Kentucky could play Louisville sweet 16.

I don't think there is one team as an overwhelming choice to win it all. I could see 12-14 teams including the maize & blue, who could win it all.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Been watching the selection shows    Been watching the selection shows  EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:25 am

Only thing that bothers me is if Michigan has another bad shooting day, I thought foul trouble was more of a cause for Michigan's loss than poor execution. Beifeldt had to play almost 10 minutes, pretty much say's it all MSU had a layup fest. Especially the 2nd half. Against a team that has some inside present's that not gonna happen , everyone knows Michigan is not one of those teams. It will be interesting to see if MSU runs into a hot physical team.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Been watching the selection shows    Been watching the selection shows  EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 am

I'm not sold on MSU. They played a 3 game stretch very well.

Everyone is splurging all over them.

(Funny because I already predicted the winner of the B1G tourney would be NC.)

PostSubject: Re: Been watching the selection shows    Been watching the selection shows  EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:29 pm

The three most overrated teams right now are MSU, Louisville and Kentucky.

Not that MSU and Louisville aren't good and quite capable of making a run, but I'm hearing that they are two of the top four favorites. Hype is way out of control for various reasons. I'd put Florida and Arizona in their own group, then those two in a group with about 6 or 7 other teams. MSU specifically, I don't see winning it all. I can see them in the Final Four, but sooner or later they'll run into a superior team. I can see Virginia beating them too.

The Kentucky love is laughable. All they do is lose when they play good teams. They're too young and don't know how to play as a team. I'll be shocked if they beat Wichita State, but if you listen to the pundits, that game is 50/50......or worse. They forget to mention that Kentucky might not even get there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been watching the selection shows    Been watching the selection shows  Empty

Back to top Go down

Been watching the selection shows
Page 1 of 1