Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mercer hanging with Duke.

Go down 
+7
hailtoyourvictor
sandyeggo_blue
wshoes
the artist formally known
MgoBlue
rasputin
fishgoblue22
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Mercer hanging with Duke. Empty
PostSubject: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Refs trying to give it to Duke.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:19 pm

Holy crap. Let's go Mercer.
Back to top Go down
rasputin

rasputin

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:19 pm

LOL!

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Done deal! Pave the way for Michigan.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:26 pm

There goes my Billion Dollar Bracket, but that's ok.
Back to top Go down
rasputin

rasputin

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:27 pm

If I were a Duke fan, I would be ticked off at the coaching staff for continuing to lay an egg each year in the first round.

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:33 pm

Mercer has 5 seniors on their starting lineup. Definitely a team to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Must be a team to watch 2 JC transfer's, and took it to Duke..

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:00 pm

First time I've seen them but they looked good. As I've said before, I don't often pull against teams, but when I do, it's Duke.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:00 pm

wshoes wrote:
First time I've seen them but they looked good. As I've said before, I don't often pull against teams, but when I do, it's Duke.

'shoes

ok most interesting man  Very Happy 

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Meanwhile, Michigan is covering 15.5 point spreads and our fans are starting end of the world threads.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:19 pm

Also, UMass is going to lose to Tennessee. If Michigan can get past Texas, our Sweet 16 matchup will be vs a 11 seed or a 14 seed.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:30 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Also, UMass is going to lose to Tennessee. If Michigan can get past Texas, our Sweet 16 matchup will be vs a 11 seed or a 14 seed.

this is nice and all but I think one thing I loved about the run last year was their victory of a tough Kansas team. I feel like that gave them all of the confidence in the world and the next game they took it to Florida and that in turn gave them swagger to stand up to Syracuse.

Again, I love the prospect of playing easy teams to go far but I think there is value in a tougher path.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:43 pm

No team is easy.

And I think our fans should worry about Texas instaed of who we're going to be facing "next".

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:56 pm

joe wrote:
No team is easy.

And I think our fans should worry about Texas instaed of who we're going to be facing "next".

yep. they rebound better than anyone we've faced this year and they can hit threes when they are on. Ridley averages 11 and 8 this year. We're going to have to throw everything we've got at him.

they do average 12 TOs a game though and if Mich can capitalize points off those TOs it could be the difference maker.

UT FG% is 43%. UT 3PT% is 32%. UT FT% is 66%
UM FG% is 48%. UM 3PT% is 39%. UM FT% is 76%

interesting thing is that UT played Mercer in the first game of the year and they won 76-73

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:58 pm

joe wrote:
No team is easy.

Agree with the first point and I think I agree with the second. That is as long as you're not pulling the "forum posters shouldn't look ahead" routine. I don't think what we say or do has an impact in the game outcomes. That said I agree we should be worried about Texas because they are formidable.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:37 pm

sandy, a Final Four banner with an easier path does not carry an asterisk. I'll gladly face Tennessee rather than the Jabari Parker Blue Devils.

Do you think anyone but Michigan fans know or care how hard our path was to the Final 4 last year? Banners and championships are what I care about.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:43 pm

I think the point is that a tough road will make the team tougher, require them to play at a high level and not get soft against less ept teams.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 5:44 pm

What does being tougher matter if a team on that tougher road knock you out?

I'd rather me "weaker" and in the Final 4 than "tougher" and lose in the Elite 8, but that's just me.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:05 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
What does being tougher matter if a team on that tougher road knock you out?

I'd rather me "weaker" and in the Final 4 than "tougher" and lose in the Elite 8, but that's just me.

my point was that beating tougher teams put us in a tougher mindset and gave us better swagger than we would have had by running through a bunch of "nobodys". The name Duke carries way more weight than Mercer does regardless of Mercer's win today. Beating Duke would make our boys beat their chest harder into the Elite 8 than beating Mercer will and that can go a long way moving forward into the final four or championship game.

I wonder how much swagger the team would have had last year had we beat W Ken to get into the elite 8. thats all.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Just what I was saying, eggo! Hail is being myopic, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Yes, but if we go into a game vs Duke in the S16 there is a very legit chance we lose that game. We should beat Mercer/Tennessee.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 7:03 pm

So, are you guys glad that Michigan St. gets easy routes because then they don't build their "swag"?

In 2010, Michigan St. made it to the Final Four by beating a 12 seed, a 4 seed, a 9 seed, and a 6 seed. Is there an asterisk by their Final 4 banner? Do you think Michigan St. fans wish they played #1 Kansas instead of #9 Iowa St.?

Getting to the Final 4 means a lot more to me than who they play. I'll take a 90% chance game vs Mercer in the Sweet 16 over a 50% chance game vs Duke 10 times out of 10.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 8:42 pm

I don't care who you play. Beat the team on the court with you that day. I would much rather face Mercer/Tenn instead of Duke.

I'm hoping Louisville loses tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Louisville, MSU, Kansas, Florida, .......

I hope they all lose.

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Yea agree with all the just win folks.  Doesn't matter to me if it's a 15 seed or a 1 seed.  

On a side note what the hell has gotten into Tennessee?!!  Had to play their way in then won pretty convincingly today. Seem to be on a roll.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:07 pm

joe wrote:

I hope they all lose.

Sounds good to me but I'd rather beat those teams on the court that way we don't have farty fans saying we won because we had an easy route. NO EXCUSES, PLEASE. Just do it.

If we can't beat them then, we don't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:32 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
joe wrote:

I hope they all lose.

Sounds good to me but I'd rather beat those teams on the court that way we don't have farty fans saying we won because we had an easy route. NO EXCUSES, PLEASE. Just do it.

If we can't beat them then, we don't deserve it.

Are we able to say Michigan St.'s Final Four banner from 2010 doesn't count because they had an easy route? No.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 11:07 pm

I can say that. A pussy championship. If Michigan had won last year, playing from a lower seed, that would have been a manly championship. Look, if we would win playing a bunch of low-seed douchebags, moo would be giving us a ton of shit. Best c-ship is when you do it by beating the best teams. Then you don't have to put up with a bunch of negative Nancys. That being said, I would find it delicious if our #2 seed team won by beating the shit out of, I mean totally humiliating, a #4 seed (this year).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mercer hanging with Duke.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next