Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mercer hanging with Duke.

Go down 
+7
hailtoyourvictor
sandyeggo_blue
wshoes
the artist formally known
MgoBlue
rasputin
fishgoblue22
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Mercer hanging with Duke. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:41 am

Lets look at Louisville last yr. round of 32, powerful 8th seed Colorado State, 2nd place in MWC. CSU not exactly a BB power.

Sweet 16, 12 seed Oregon, Pac-12 tourney champ w/ 26-8 record. A Good record, good team, but again not known for being BB power.

Elite 8, Duke. Finally one of the top BB programs, Coach K, etc

Semi's: Wichita State, a 9 seed

TITLE GAME: A hell of a game vs 4 seed Michigan

So they beat 2 very good teams, a 1 seed & a 4 seed. I don't think Louisville will apologize or return banner.

Dwoody I understand what you're saying, & agree a little. What M did last yr., the coaches & teams they beat was incredible. Would have to take the time to look, have to think it was one of the toughest if not the toughest trip to championship game. I'm sure other teams have played weaker seeds, weaker teams on way to title.

Team like Mercer a veteran team with a lot seniors. Maybe not a sexy win, a glamour win, but a good team. if M where to meet up and beat, to get to elite 8, no M fans will apologize.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:44 am

Quit being myopic, booboo. Championships aren't special if you luck out and player Mercer instead of Duke.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:54 am

2013: Louisville should put an asterisk next to their title. They lucked out and got to play a 9 seed in the Final Four and a 4 seed in the National Championship. Pussy championship.

2011: UConn should put an asterisk next to their title. They lucked out and played a 5 seed in the Final Four and an 8 seed in the National Championship. Pussy Championship

2006: Florida should put an asterisk next to their title. Florida, as a 3 seed, went through: 14 seed.... 11 seed... 7 seed... 1 seed... 11 seed (Final 4)... 2 seed (NC). Pussy Championship

These schools should be ashamed of winning such meaningless titles.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:02 am

Hail, I think you have tongue firmly planted in cheek. Unless I misunderstood your early tweets. I also took a sleeping pill about 1/2 hr ago, so I'm tired as well
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:04 am

No final four or championship is cheap or not earned. No final four or championship is better or worse than another. Doesn't matter who you play, you still have to survive and advance.

Anyone who says otherwise is a damn fool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercer hanging with Duke.   Mercer hanging with Duke. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mercer hanging with Duke.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2