Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I know it is just the spring game

Go down 
+4
sandyeggo_blue
wshoes
the artist formally known
rasputin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rasputin

rasputin

I know it is just the spring game  Empty
PostSubject: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 3:57 pm

but offensive line looks horrific. Again....

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Well Guess I won't add anything either Hail, but i kind of agree with Raspy . Just hope its because of how good the Defense is gonna be. Thats almost like the commercial . "I'm the greatest Hitter inbthe world"

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 4:19 pm

The defense looked a lot better than the offense which is as expected.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 4:24 pm

Dline looked good.

DBs were definitely solid enough to keep us in games. sure they gave up a few but overall they looked good.

Canteen is quick.

I really liked the delay blitzes.

Mone was a plug. Rewind and watch. he was double teamed quite a bit but rarely gave up a push.

Hayes is our best blocking RB

Deveon smith is going to be fun to watch. He may be our best overall RB.

Rasputin might be somewhat right about the Oline because they looked very inconsistent but in all fairness, guys were lined up at several different spots all game. Hard to gel that way.

I will say though that there is NO WAY our Oline is that bad. They are much better than they showed today. They have to be.

I'm already dreading the first game. Not because I think we'll lose but because for a week leading up to it and the entire week after beating them and watching the highlights the only thing we're going to hear about is the loss in 2007

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 5:45 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Dline looked good.

DBs were definitely solid enough to keep us in games. sure they gave up a few but overall they looked good.

Canteen is quick.

I really liked the delay blitzes.

Mone was a plug. Rewind and watch. he was double teamed quite a bit but rarely gave up a push.

Hayes is our best blocking RB

Deveon smith is going to be fun to watch. He may be our best overall RB.

Rasputin might be somewhat right about the Oline because they looked very inconsistent but in all fairness, guys were lined up at several different spots all game. Hard to gel that way.

I will say though that there is NO WAY our Oline is that bad. They are much better than they showed today. They have to be.

I'm already dreading the first game. Not because I think we'll lose but because for a week leading up to it and the entire week after beating them and watching the  highlights the only thing we're going to hear about is the loss in 2007

All in all I pretty much agree with you; especially about Smith. Unless he goes to sleep, he will be our main back. I watched those two in particular today and Green seemed to dance (sound familiar) and really didn't hit the hole like Smith did. Smith also seemed to have a bit more speed at and beyond the line.

I really like Canteen.

I can't fault the oline. I had trouble keeping up with who was playing what position, but the coaches should have some good stuff on film to look at.

Good points on Mone and Hayes.

My one problem was with DG. He seemed to play like he did last year. Locking in on the receiver at the snap. Favored one receiver (DF) too much). The one that bothered me the most was he seemed to still have the happy feet. Granted, that could have been due to the oliine situation, but he seemed to start the "dance" fairly quickly. And, it's not something that can't be fixed.

Overall, it was about what I expected. The defense was well ahead of the offense, but we need to keep in mind that coach Nussmeier really didn't open the play book very wide either.

Unfortunately, I think you may be a little off on the Appy State stories. I think we will see/hear a lot of stories most of Aug. Sad

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:46 pm

saw a few pics from the spring game today. Peppers showed up and hung with Charles most of the time. Woodson is noticeably taller. For some reason I thought he was woodson's height. Bummed me a little bit.

Also saw a pic of moe ways and jason avant. Moe ways is tall.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:49 pm

mone and hurst Jr getting a lot of love from the media, twitter and arm chair analysts like myself. Our DT has some beefy options. again, take it with a grain of salt (given our Oline) but that unit is going to be much improved this year.

staying with the Dline, I thought Henry played well but would have like to see a lot more out of Taco.

This team will be much better starting the season this year than last.

joe

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Pep only looks about an inch shorter than Charles.

I know it is just the spring game  Bkftl-10

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 11:37 am

I didnt see that pic. he looks much closer in height than the other pics. maybe he was slouching or maybe it was bad angles but the pics I saw had what looked like about a 3" height difference. that pic looks much better.

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:52 pm

Frankly, Sandy, even if it IS a full three inches, if height is JP's only difference from CW...meaning they are "clones" in all other respects...I will be frickin' ecstatic!!!

Unless every good team we face has a 6-7 WR, (or even a Funchess clone), I won't worry about JP's height.

Of course, it's little good, or sense, any of us worrying (or being confident) about any of JP's characteristics until he actually arrives on campus and suits up, and we see him in college practices, come August camp.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 2:00 pm

And one parting comment---re: our offensive line's apparent "continuation" of ineptitude, bear in mind that Magnuson, who was already penciled in (by the coaches) as a starter come next season, was out. Not only does such an absence replace him with a (presumably-inferior) scrub, but the "chemistry" between that man and the one(s) beside him or on either side is at least somewhat "changed"...and likely not for the better.

And further, gents, if we'd all gotten our fondest wish and seen an O-line blowing holes like the Grand Canyon on every other play, and holding blocks 4 seconds on the other plays---well, wouldn't we all have the takeaway of "Holy Shit!!! Our D-line Sucks!!!"???

So, pick your poison---but please, don't SWALLOW it...enjoy summer, off-season speculation and have faith in the coaches, particularly (as I do) in Matty and, from all I've read, Nuss.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 4:22 pm

One thing I noticed was, when Drake Harris was walking by I noticed how dang skinny the kid is. He is going to get destroyed if he ever goes over the middle. Can't be more than 170 and his legs are twigs.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 4:41 pm

IMO drake needs to RS this year.

1. he needs weight

2. darboh, chesson, canteen, funchess, jones, york, dukes

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 5:02 pm

AC was skinny kid too how did that turn out

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 7:53 pm

I'm not knocking the kids ability because he has loads of it and AC played when players were not as big, fast, and strong as they are today
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 10:20 pm

AC would have done just fine in today's game. He was pretty successful at the next level too where the players were stronger and faster.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know it is just the spring game    I know it is just the spring game  Empty

Back to top Go down

I know it is just the spring game
Page 1 of 1