Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House

Go down 
+2
sandyeggo_blue
booboo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House Empty
PostSubject: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Game time is 7pm. I love it!!!

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/mich-m-footbl-sched.html
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:51 pm

have to assume it's gonna be a maize out. this game is gonna be great!

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:08 pm

Eh...just not the same to me as ND or bringing in a team like Florida. Not that they would come to AA. It's a descent match up but not one that I am overly excited for.

The question is who here is excited enough to pay the $200+ per ticket DB will surely be asking?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:36 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Eh...just not the same to me as ND or bringing in a team like Florida.  Not that they would come to AA.  It's a descent match up but not one that I am overly excited for.

The question is who here is excited enough to pay the $200+ per ticket DB will surely be asking?

you're crazy..... this clearly has all the hype to bill it as a prime matchup to constitute a $200 ticket. UTL, first inter-division UMvPSU game, two storied programs, maize vs white, etc. I WILL be at this game.

Anyone else? we should set this up as the tailget game of the year for the forum

booboo

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 11:52 pm

ND ticket was $95 last yr.? I know Neb. was $95. Went to ND in 12', ticket was $83, PSU under the lights last yr was $80. I would like to think $100 would be premium price. I know home schedule sucks but DB can't completely go overboard on 1 game, (can he?) $125?

Now scalpers on the other hand are going to make a nice profit!

Whatever the price I'll be there. Sandy I'd join a tailgate.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 8:02 am

Um..no. You may be talking season ticket holder price. Individual tickets was $200+ for both games. With DB's new pricing PSU will probably have a similar premium on it. I have been to both UTL games and I think the first on we paid $250. Last year was $225 right through the U of M ticket office.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 8:12 am

I'll be there. And I have spoken to ADMIN who told me he'd be there also.

booboo

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 9:03 am

MgoBlue, you are correct sir, totally forgot until I just read your post. Friend invited me to Nebraska game, I scalped ticket for ND, paid $175. Good seat, sect. 3 row 65.

You're are right, I'm sure DB will charging $225-250. Considering its only real good home game, does he dare charge &275-$300?

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:04 am

I just threw up. Greed is a terrible, terrible thing. Don't get me wrong the Beyoncé halftime show was good but these games are overpriced.

I paid what I did the first time because it was the first ever against arguably one of the most historic programs in CFB. I paid it the second time because it was the last for the foreseeable future.

PSU, IMO is not worth that price. I may still go. Hell it's the only descent home game.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:45 am

MgoBlue wrote:
I just threw up.  Greed is a terrible, terrible thing.  Don't get me wrong the Beyoncé halftime show was good but these games are overpriced.  

It is not greed, it is capitalism. They can only charge what people are willing to pay. Since people are willing to pay it, it isn't over priced. I'm not willing to pay it, so I won't go and will watch it at home.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:55 am

Mgoblue, your last sentence is the reason DB will over charge for PSU game.

App. St., Utah, Miami Ohio, Minn., Maryland, IU. $50 a game is what each opponent is worth. Of course not what DB charged season ticket holders or what he will charge when individual tickets go on sale.

We all want M to be very successful this season, but what if on Nov. 1st when IU comes to town, M is 5-3, IU sucks, its 45 degrees with rain showers. You think 109,000 people actually in stadium? I'm guessing

Wonder if DB would be embarrassed or as long as tickets had already been sold & money made, does he care?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 12:19 pm

Just FYI,

This is what Alabama charged, per game, for tickets 2YEARS AGO.

Your suggestion that games should only cost $50 is not up to the times.

Single Game Prices Western Kentucky - $55
Florida Atlantic - $55
Mississippi - $70
Mississippi State - $70
Texas A&M - $85
Western Carolina - $55
Auburn - $85

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 12:36 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
I just threw up.  Greed is a terrible, terrible thing.  Don't get me wrong the Beyoncé halftime show was good but these games are overpriced.  

It is not greed, it is capitalism.  They can only charge what people are willing to pay.  Since people are willing to pay it, it isn't over priced.  I'm not willing to pay it, so I won't go and will watch it at home.

You think there isn't greed in capitalism? I get you point but it's ruining sports. Did you see any of the numerous stories on why the Super Bowl is one of the quietest games you could ever attend? At the prices they charge the average fans don't go to these games. It's corporate big wigs that don't care about the game.

booboo wrote:
Mgoblue, your last sentence is the reason DB will over charge for PSU game.

App. St., Utah, Miami Ohio, Minn., Maryland, IU. $50 a game is what each opponent is worth. Of course not what DB charged season ticket holders or what he will charge when individual tickets go on sale.

We all want M to be very successful this season, but what if on Nov. 1st when IU comes to town, M is 5-3, IU sucks, its 45 degrees with rain showers. You think 109,000 people actually in stadium? I'm guessing

Wonder if DB would be embarrassed or as long as tickets had already been sold & money made, does he care?

Yea that's a dreadful home schedule. I think the if the sellout record ever ends it would be a huge embarrassment. That said DB is not going to leave money on the table to keep the seats full. IMO this will be the undoing of the record. Winning will prevent this of course but if we stay on our current path it will be hard to fill the stadium for the lesser opponents as you pointed out.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 12:41 pm

joe wrote:
Just FYI,

This is what Alabama charged, per game, for tickets 2YEARS AGO.

Your suggestion that games should only cost $50 is not up to the times.

Single Game Prices Western Kentucky - $55
Florida Atlantic - $55
Mississippi - $70
Mississippi State - $70
Texas A&M - $85
Western Carolina - $55
Auburn - $85

How about what Purdue charges? I relize our history is on par with a Bama but our "product" is far inferior to Alabama's. Clearly DB is cashing in on our history but how many more 7-5 season will he be able to do that? I seem to remember a couple games last year where the stadium was quite empty into the middle of the first quarter and I am not just talking the student section.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 6:43 am

MgoBlue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

It is not greed, it is capitalism.  They can only charge what people are willing to pay.  Since people are willing to pay it, it isn't over priced.  I'm not willing to pay it, so I won't go and will watch it at home.

You think there isn't greed in capitalism?  I get you point but it's ruining sports.  Did you see any of the numerous stories on why the Super Bowl is one of the quietest games you could ever attend?  At the prices they charge the average fans don't go to these games.  It's corporate big wigs that don't care about the game.

Yes there is greed, but greed isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 10:11 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

You think there isn't greed in capitalism?  I get you point but it's ruining sports.  Did you see any of the numerous stories on why the Super Bowl is one of the quietest games you could ever attend?  At the prices they charge the average fans don't go to these games.  It's corporate big wigs that don't care about the game.

Yes there is greed, but greed isn't bad.

ok gordon Smile

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Parking passes for the golf course went on sale a couple weeks ago.

If you plan to park at the golf course, I would highly recommend purchasing your pass welllllllll before the game.

Last year the ND game sold out. Thankfully I'm crafty with Adobe and I was able to create a fake pass. (I'm not a complete piece of crap...I actually purchased a pass for a different game but doctored it a bit so that it worked for the Notre Dame game. So that company still got paid.)

parknparty.com

I bought my PSU pass two weeks ago to avoid running into the same issue.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House EmptyWed May 07, 2014 5:49 pm

ahhh, old photoshop chop.

nice!

PostSubject: Re: M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House    M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House Empty

Back to top Go down

M vs Penn St: Under the lights at the Big House
Page 1 of 1