Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 recruiting

Go down 
+12
MgoBlue
hailtoyourvictor
MGOBLUEBC
fishgoblue22
squeezebox
wshoes
GOBLUEJOE66
ThatGuy
EJinGA
dwoody
joe
sandyeggo_blue
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 2:23 pm

too early to put together a 2016 thread but Daelin Hayes says he's gonna commit on the 27th. Most have him at UM.

http://247sports.com/Player/Daelin-Hayes-25739

he'll probably start and end as a 4*. solid kid with UM ties.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Messiah deWeaver committed to UM today.

He's at the UM camp now. I believe he's attended two Michigan camps now because I think he was there last year but I'll have to check. I know he just came from Texas' camp and I know he's been to O$U's camp.

So while the deWeaver commit might not look that great on paper given his offer list, just remember that he was rated a 4* out of the gate so that has to tell you a little something (Malzone and Speight were initially only 3*).

Plus like I mentioned above, he's been to several high profile camps so if he was initially overrated then he would have lost a star by now. He's going to be a solid horse in the UM QB stable. All in in all it is a great pickup by UM.

By the way, I'd like to just mention that I haven't hardly even devoted a single minute to the 2016 QBs yet so I couldn't tell you who, if anyone, I would have rather had. For the moment I'm very happy with deWeaver.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Regarding Messiah deWeaver, this is from a free article on 247 so I'm going to post it...

While sitting in Coach Hoke's office to discuss the commitment, the four-star made a promise to his future head coach.

"I know what needs to be done now," he noted. "I told him that I plan to do whatever it takes to get the best guys in the country around me. That's part of my job now as a Michigan commitment, and I am going to do whatever I can to get some great players to play here."

It looks like UM is really THE best program at recruit recruiting. Nobody does it on UM's level, not even close. It all started with Shane. Ferns brought it over the top with his shirts.

joe

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Here is a forum thread that has a little about our new Commit and the way he was recruited........by Alex Malzone.

http://michigan.247sports.com/Board/59424/Contents/Clark-To-Michigan-29227160#M29227468

joe

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 3:56 pm

was reading mgoblog.

Watch an offensive lineman out of ohio names Liam Eichenberg. He's a 5* and was considered an ohio lean, until he recently visited Michigan.

The kid has visited ND, has camped at Ohio the last 2 years, including just last week. But he recently told Steve Lorenz (tremendous) that he had a new leader. He said he liked working with the coaches and it was an extension of how St Ignatius does things.

This would be a big blow to ohio and a coup for us.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 12:15 am

I have not read anything about this. That would definitely be a big blow to O$U. I'll see what I can dig up and post it as soon as I know.

joe

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 9:10 am

The way I read the story his comments came very recently. (last couple days)

joe

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 4:32 pm

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2016/order/true

Very early top-300

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 4:13 am

just thought I'd post that Rivals recently came out with it's 2016 list and I was shocked that it has Rashan Gary at #8 overall.

I know I've briefly touched on him before in the past but it was mainly in the 2014 threads.

two major things stand out about him for me...

1. He's a DT and UM will be hitting the DTs hard for next year's recruiting class.

2. He's from Paramus Catholic. He was teammates with Peppers and JBB.

This one could get interesting. He blew up way bigger than I thought he ever would (#8 overall) so I'll be keeping an eye on this kid.

joe

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:24 am

Cameron Chambers announces at NOON today.

247 has him 64% UofM 36% Ohio but everyone else says it's 50/50 Michigan/MSU with ohio not in the mix.

Now remember, this kid is starting his JUNIOR year in high school BUT everyone has offered him so he is propably good.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:54 am

you beat me to it joe. I was just gonna leave a reminder.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:09 pm

steve L says chambers is a sparty

joe

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Spartin it is.

He's a good one. I refuse to sugarcoat it.

dwoody

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Kindly remember it is 18 MONTHS before he can sign a LOI. Jesus. Everybody take a chill pill.

Last edited by dwoody on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Regarding Rashon Gary...

this I did not know

"...Gary, who has scholarship offers from virtually every school in the country, has family that lives in Detroit and has expressed an interest in Michigan before and after the firing of head coach Brady Hoke..."

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Lemming-Michigan-Odds-On-Favorite-For-Gary-35254601

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:42 pm

11 offers went out yesterday

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Michigan-Hits-2016-Hard-On-Wednesday-35424679

almost exclusively secondary and DB offers. I guess that tells us where the staff has been focused for the 2016 class.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:57 pm

Okay it's been a while, but since the 2016 class had some movement this weekend I thought I'd touch up a bit on who we got.

4* QB Brandon Peters - 6'4" 205lbs
He's a top 10 PRO style in his class. One of the many prototypical QBs you would expect to see Harbaugh look at. He was low on my radar, mostly because I was locked on Costello for so long. Anyway, with the top 4 PRO style QBs locked up it just made sense that Peters would be the guy given the size (or lack thereof) of the remaining PRO QBs. Also, I think Guarantano ends up at O$U so that put him out of the picture. Peters is a solid pickup for UM.

Peters also sounds like he is going to be this year's recruit recruiter. He says he is definitely going to be reaching out to both Fitzpatrick and Corely. IMO Corely will end up at MSU but look for Fitzpatrick to switch from Louis to UM. Corely is the better prospect though.

One thing to note about Peters is that, according to 247, he is still scheduled to visit Nebraska and Vanderbuilt. I'm not sure if Harbaugh has a policy on that but it's just something to keep in the back of your mind. Still I think he's a SOLID commit at this point.

3* ILB David Reese - 6'1" 230lbs
A Farmington kid with a ton of MAC type offers that everyone has penciled in as a FB recruit for UM. But not so fast, apparently Harbaugh is going to let him chose what position he wants to play and Reese says he want's to be a LB. He also says that if he doesn't start at LB then he'd be open to playing FB. I'm not sure when, where or if at all Reese is going to camp this year but he's one of those kids that can probably get himself to a low grade 4* with a decent camp season. What I'm trying to say is that he hasn't peaked at the HS level. Look for him to pick up a few more offers in the coming months.

3* RB Kingston Davis - 6'1" 225lbs
An Alabama kid with two notable SEC offers (Ole Miss and Miss St) but nothing exciting after that. I'm a bit confused because he's listed as a RB, he was recruited as a RB but he's graded the 3rd best FB in the class. He's a low 3* and I don't expect to see him jump much higher because he doesn't seem to have elite vision or speed. I don't know much else about this kid. He was a surprise commit.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:02 pm

According to 247 the top 10 recruits in the state of Michigan are

1. Daelyn Hayes - Skyline (Ann Arbor, MI) OLB 6-4 250lbs
Hayes is far and away the best prospect in the state. IMO, he was UM bound before the 2014 season. The coaching change is what pushed him to USC. He is happy with USC and will not flip to UM.

2. Donnie Corley - Detroit Martin Luther King (Detroit, MI) WR 6-2 180 lbs
Corley is far and away the best receiver in the class. Unfortunately he is most likely MSU bound. Peters says he will recruit him but I will not be surprised to see him putting on a green and white hat during his commit announcement.

3. Michael Jordan - Plymouth (Canton, MI) OT 6-6 285lbs
Not my pick for top OT but not far off. I am going to wait to see how he camps this year because he is being likened to Logan TT in terms of his development to this point. Still, at this point I would be happy to have this kid in the class. 247 has him 87% to Michigan.

4. Michael Onwenu - Cass Technical (Detroit, MI) OG 6-2 310lbs
Listed as a guard but I believe is being recruited as a DT. Our DT position has decent depth for a couple of years but it's never a bad thing to stock the cupboards. I'm a bit worried about him slipping out of the class because  even though he's being recruited by almost every major program, it's been reported that he has said it's either UM or O$U. With his ties to Damon Webb at O$U it makes it a real possibility that he falls to them. I would hate to have that happen. BTW our clear cut #1 DT on the board is Rashan Gary.

5. Khalid Kareem - Harrison (Farmington, MI) SDE 6-4 252lbs
SDE is going to be a nightmare position for us this year. My top 3 SDEs are Josh King, Prince Simmons and Nick Bosa. Sadly, all three will likely end up at O$U. I don't know how they'll do it but O$U will make room. So combine that with the fact that Kareem will likely end up a sparty and that really leaves us scraping the bottom of the barrel. I really hate to be that guy but I'm going to just say it... Shelton Johnson and Rueben Jones just aren't going to cut it in terms of developed depth. Look for ANOTHER major let down at DE recruiting this year. It's getting as bad as the California drought. Sad

6. Matthew Falcon - Southfield (Southfield, MI) RB 6-1 215lbs
Despite originally saying he was going to wait until May, Falcon pulled a fast one, put UM on commit watch last night and didn't disappoint. Falcon is the type of RB that you can get excited about. Big with a track background. It's reported that he runs a 4.4 40 but I have seen no proof. I think Falcon was probably in the top 10 of RBs on UMs board but sadly O$U got three of the top backs in the entire class. UM is likely done recruiting the position. Matt Falcon was a good pickup.

7. Lavert Hill - Detroit Martin Luther King (Detroit, MI) CB 5-10 166lbs
Lavert is a four star CB and brother of Cass Tech alum and current Wolverine Delano Hill. He shocked a lot of people when he committed to Penn St back in January. Most had him a big UM lean. He doesn't have the size I personally like to see in DBs but despite that he showed really really well at the Addidas Showcase this year. It's reported that he ran a 4.35 and was an absolute nightmare for receivers. Sadly it looks like UM let a really good one slip away.

8. Desmond Fitzpatrick - Farmington (Farmington, MI) WR 6-2.5 194lbs
Fitzpatrick is definitely the second best WR in the state this year but he's nowhere near a top 30 overall. He's currently a Louisville commit but Peters is working on him and most thought he was going to switch his pledge to UM at the spring game. I don't expect it to take long. Even though he's a Louisville commit at this point I expect him to be in the class. Sadly, our 2016 WRs could also be a very disappointing bunch.

9. Thiyo Lukusa - Traverse City West (Traverse City, MI) OT 6-5 300lbs
Lukusa is, IMO, the #1 OT in the state. At one time he was a MSU lean but since the Harbaugh hiring he has steadily become a solid UM lean. I think Ben Bredesen should be the top available OT on UMs board and Yarbrough isn't far behind. We already have Swensen onboard. I believe there are three spots available. I would be happy if Lukusa ended up in the class.

10. Martell Pettaway - Detroit Martin Luther King (Detroit, MI) RB 5-10 205lbs
Nothing to miss here. Pettaway had his shot to get onboard during the Hoke regime. He will most likely end up a sparty. IMO the 2016 RB spots are all full at this point.

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:57 am

Thanks as always Sandy. I come here for everyone's recruiting updates.

Question... Recruiting has been underwhelming under Harbaugh so far. Is he following some kind of strategy, or is he simply getting shafted by the top recruits? I was having a good day till I went to Rivals and looked at O$U's recruit list.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:45 pm

This article has both Corley and Kareem trending to UM. Makes sense because they have ties to David Reese. Kareem goes to the same HS and Corley was on the same little league team (coached by Reese's dad).

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/04/08/michigan-wolverines-football-recruiting/25448353/

I haven't read anything like this anywhere else but Tim Sullivan has never struck me as a hack reporter. Maybe I'll do some perusing of the 247 and Scout boards to see what Steve L and Sam have to say.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:44 am

I'm not putting UM on commit watch but there is serious talk that Lavert Hill may be flipping from Penn St to UM. That would be a BIG pickup considering UM will probably take 3-4 DBs this class and he is a top tier guy. I have some message board scouring to do but I'll pass on more if I hear anything.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:47 am

Also with probably 4 LBs targeted in this class UM offered UCLA commit Lokeni Toailoa last night.

247 has him as the #1 overall ILB but he seems like a hard UCLA commit. Probably nothing to see here.

http://247sports.com/Player/Lokeni-Toailoa-30102

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Cass Tech ATH Jaylen Kelly-Powell has just been offered by UM.

It's the offer he's been waiting for. He has been a UM fan his entire life. His family member are UM fans. IMO he's a lock for the 2016 class.

I believe he is being targeted to fill one of the DB spots.

This is a good thing because the more Cass Tech kids we can get on-board this year, the better shot we have with Peoples-Jones next year.

Peoples-Jones is far and away the best player in the state for the 2017 class. He's a 5* WR across the board and will most likely end up a top 10 overall player in the class. It is going to be a dog fight between UM/MSU/O$U for his commitment.

On the outside this looks a lot like the Juwan BB offer. A solid recruit in his own right to help sweeten the pot for his TOP tier teammate.

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:02 pm

I am liking the good news. Thanks for keeping up on it.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 12:00 pm

a lot of movement for UM in the last week. Harbaugh put a quarter in the recruit machine and commits are rolling in.

4* OG Michael Onwenu (Cass Tech) - Solid pickup for Michigan. He is one of the pieces that give Michigan a solid year of Oline talent. Helps re-establish the Cass Tech pipeline. Also shows UM can still get the top in state talent.

4* APB Chris Evans (Ben Davis - Indianapolis, IN) - Absolutely came alive in both rushing and receiving during his Junior year. A huge step from his sophomore year stats. Looks to be one heck of an athlete. Going to be curious to see where UM uses him but if I had to guess early I'd say he will be used in the slot and/or during kickoffs just like Norfleet was. He was also the very first commit for Harbaugh during his satellite camp tour.

3* RB Kiante Enis (Winchester Community - Winchester, IN) - Another RB for UM. Good size and speed but other than that I don't know much about him and I'm trying to figure out where he'll fit in on the depth chart when he does play. but unless he gets on campus and blows it up you can probably bet the farm that he'll red shirt. He was Harbaugh's second commit to come out of the satellite camp tour.

NR ILB Dytaris Johnson (Prattville - Prattville, AL) - This was out of left field. Nobody had this on their radar but apparently he caught Durkin's eye when he visited for the spring game and he has been on UM's radar since. Another satellite camp commit that earned an offer and committed on the spot. In fact I can't see on his profile that he even had any other offers. Regardless, UM liked what they saw and now he's blue. I was able to find a hudl video on him and I was actually pleasantly surprised. He's quick, has a nose for the ball and what I really liked was that he looks great at making open field tackles. Here is a link to his hudl video. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3344048/highlights/226418376/v2

I couldn't find any info of previous camps he's been so that may be why he is NR at this point but I suspect he'll receive a couple of stars soon and if he camps a bit more he may climb up the ranks quite a bit before he steps on campus. This could also be a way for UM to build a pipeline down in Bama country since they already have a commit from fellow Pratville RB Kingston Davis.

Next Up:

Khalid Kareem. Four months ago he was all Sparty but in the last three days his crystal ball predictions to UM have exploded. I think it probably has something to do with Sparty getting Josh King but I can't say for sure. Kareem would be a nice get especially since Sparty's D recruiting is about to blow for round 2 in the next few days. We really need Kareem.

Donald Stewart - Another Paramus Catholic kid. Tall WR. maybe another way to help sway Rashan Gary but I think UM would probably take him without a Gary motive since they were recruiting him as early as last year. He says he'd like to make a decision by late June / early July.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:49 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:57 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
... Sparty's D recruiting is about to blow for round 2 in the next few days. We really need Kareem.

Huh, what's this mean?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 2:48 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
... Sparty's D recruiting is about to blow for round 2 in the next few days. We really need Kareem.

Huh, what's this mean?

In the next three days four top D recruits are going to announce and three of them are HEAVY sparty leans.

Also sparty is working really hard to get Daelin Hayes into their class. I think they have the momentum and I think they can do it. Sparty is putting together one hell of a recruiting class. They are going to have a hell of week.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 5:19 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Huh, what's this mean?

In the next three days four top D recruits are going to announce and three of them are HEAVY sparty leans.

Also sparty is working really hard to get Daelin Hayes into their class. I think they have the momentum and I think they can do it. Sparty is putting together one hell of a recruiting class. They are going to have a hell of week.

4* WDE Austen Roberston just committed to sparty. That is 1 of 4

Their three other targets are 4* DT Naquan Jones, 4* LB Jaquan Yulee and 4* DT Mike Panasiuk all with commit dates tomorrow.

if they get two of the three guys that should move them up one spot to the #6 class in the rankings.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 5:24 pm

not that we had a shot but Austin Mack officially committed to O$U today. that was a given.

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 8:00 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
...In fact I can't see on his profile that he even had any other offers. Regardless, UM liked what they saw and now he's blue... 

Turns out Rivals has a profile for him. he holds offers from the following schools:

Alabama St
Georgia Southern
Georgia St.
Jacksonville St
Memphis
South Alabama
Troy

2016 recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 recruiting
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next