Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 recruiting.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2016 recruiting. Empty
PostSubject: 2016 recruiting.   2016 recruiting. EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 7:35 pm

I'm scopping 'eggo on this!

http://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-football-recruiting/2015/1/3/7487237/kentrail-moran-talks-harbaugh-and-more

After a month-long search, Michigan finally has its new head coach in Jim Harbaugh and recruits across the nation have reacted positively to the hire.

Included in that group is four-star 2016 running back Kentrail Moran (O'Fallon, Illinois), who I was able to catch up with Saturday afternoon to update his recruitment and a few other topics.

Moran told me that he is still in the process of narrowing down his schools, but the one that stands out the most to him right now is Michigan. He is considering other schools, but they have not offered him yet.

"Wow, Michigan is back," was his reaction to the news.

"I think he brings a lot to the table as a coach," he said. "He's going to do great things there."

Moran has not yet spoken to Harbaugh, but tells me he plans on visiting soon. A timetable for a college decision has not been thought about much to this point.

"I'm not really sure yet," he said. "I'm thinking summer time."

Michigan looks like the team to beat in this one. Moran told 247's Steve Lorenz prior to the coaching hire that if it was Harbaugh he would "probably commit." ($)

Moran was offered by Brady Hoke's staff back in July and had a fair amount of interest then, but Harbaugh has launched them to the top of the list. He was recruited primarily by Jeff Hecklinski and Fred Jackson, who do not appear as if they will be retained on the new staff.

He is the 14th ranked running back in the 2016 class, according to the 247 Composite.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

2016 recruiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting.   2016 recruiting. EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 10:31 pm

My first reaction is..............if Harbaugh hasn't reached out to him, he must not think Moran is much of need. Jim has already contacted other recruits.....obviously the ones Jim thinks we are in dire need of. Right?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2016 recruiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting.   2016 recruiting. EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:45 am

That's a point but Moran is for next years recruiting class, not this year. With the limited time left for this years class, I wouldn't expect him to contact Moran for 5 or 6 more weeks at earliest. But who knows?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

2016 recruiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting.   2016 recruiting. EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 9:25 am

Ok, TNBO, I was thinking 2015 when I wrote that (too much Gin! lol).

Yeah, well, Jim has been on the job only a few days so I'd guess he's concentrating on the 15 class recruits......time running out on those guys. Like you said he'll probably work on the 16 class later.

Sounds like it wouldn't take much to get this guy to commit.

The article never mentions what other schools has offered & how many, so we have no idea how bad this guy is wanted.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

2016 recruiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting.   2016 recruiting. EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:29 pm

personally I don't think Jim will have much impact on 2015 . I think 2016 schedule is some what more friendly and He could easily go 10-2 with anice bowl game that year.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2016 recruiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting.   2016 recruiting. EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:26 pm

really artist? Sure, starting with Utah on the road is tough but both sparty and bucknut are at home. 2016 we have to go there...

Malzone also didn't receive any offers from majhor D-1 schools other than Michigan. Pitt was his next largest offer after Michigan. When kids are totally enthralled with a school there isn't really a point in offering them. At least that's my opinion.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down

2016 recruiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting.   2016 recruiting. EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:55 pm

[quote="TheNewBlueOrder"]really artist?  Sure, starting with Utah on the road is tough but both sparty and bucknut are at home.  2016 we have to go there...

TNBO I think if you wanted to get noticed you need to win 1 of those games. nd in 2016 are non conference schedule is more to our liking and the conference schedule is better aside from O$U and MSU.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2016 recruiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting.   2016 recruiting. EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:23 pm

I think that I can see what you are saying but it always comes back to having more experience at QB. The game at Utah next year is by far the most dificult of the 7 non-conference games. Why 7 you ask? Well, in 2016 the B1G goes to a 9 conference game schedule. So in 2016 we have an additional conference oppoenent instead of a cup-cake. That's more difficult, so is going to both east landfill and the cess-pool of the mid-west. Also in 2016 UCF comes to the Big House, that's not an easy game. 2016 Michigan will be much better but that is a more difficult schedule. 2017 might be the first year that Michigan legitimately challenges for a National Title. Other than playing 5 of the 9 conference games on the road...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2016 recruiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting.   2016 recruiting. Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 recruiting.
Page 1 of 1