Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm

1st saw it on twitter @MaizeBlueNation: "Doug Nusseier lands his first QB at Michigan, in-state QB Alex Malzone (Birmingham, Mich.) has committed to Michigan"

Saw this on http://mlive.com/wolverines He's 6'3, 200lbs. threw for 2795 yds last yr as junior, 67.6% completion rate, 25 TDs

For what it is worth, saw him 1st hand last november, Rice played us, Birmingham Seaholm, 2nd round of state playoffs. Our coaching went into game believing we had a good chance to win, it would be tough, have to play extremely good to beat Rice. Malzone was a stud, a true drop back passer, very strong arm, threaded some passes wondering how he completed them. BTW we lost 34-7

Scout.com has him as a 4 star

Rivals & 247sports.com has him as a 3 star
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:08 am

Malzone is going to be an absolute stud. I watched his videos in the fall and could not believe he had no major offers.

Kid is highly under-rated. Kid is an NFL passer already. His timing and accuracy are off the charts. He can make all the throws including the 10 yard out (determines if can play in NFL.)

The only reason he's not rated higher is because all the QBs are dual threat athletes today. That trend won't last long in the NFL, and eventually I think the best offenses in college will go back to pro style guys.

I can't rave enough about this kid. Malzone is going to be awesome.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:11 am

Although he was talking about running backs, not QBs, Bill Parcells said something interesting during the draft coverage. He said that the NFL isn't going with big backs now because that isn't what the colleges are turning out- that they are going with guys who are effective "in space." He made it sound like the NFL is adjusting to and following college, not vice versa.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:08 am

let me start by saying I like Malzone. He was on my lengthy list of QB targets for the class but he was near the bottom. Any other year I would be happy to have him. I can't say that this year.

The QB pool is so large this year that I feel like there are probably a half dozen other QBs still available that I would rather have. What do I know though. I'll have to trust Nuss on this one Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:10 am

shoes interesting comments about parcels. that makes sense as college is the supplier to the nfl. i think someone recently made a similar comment about QBs in that regard…there are less pro style QBs and more dual threats, so QB fundamentals have taken a hit.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:16 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
let me start by saying I like Malzone. He was on my lengthy list of QB targets for the class but he was near the bottom. Any other year I would be happy to have him. I can't say that this year.

The QB pool is so large this year that I feel like there are probably a half dozen other QBs still available that I would rather have. What do I know though. I'll have to trust Nuss on this one Very Happy 

i watched videos of almost a dozen top prospects, and Malzone was one of the few pro style QBs rated in the top 20. If you watch, Malzone is by far the best passer. His timing is lights out (throws guys open,) his accuracy is off the charts, and he has a quick release and strong arm.

If a team like Oregon or O$U ever used a pure passer like Malzone, with all the weapons he'd have at his disposal, it would be unfair. I am obviously 100% sold on Malzone. Just watch his videos. I promise everyone, he will be great at UM.

The jury is still out on Morris -I think he could be great, but i feel better about Malzone than any QB we've had since Henne.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:23 am

Malzone is the type of QB that will make the entire offense better. I could see him making his OL better because of his quick decisions, and he'll open up the run game as well. Timing is the #1 skill a QB should have imo.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:22 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

i watched videos of almost a dozen top prospects, and Malzone was one of the few pro style QBs rated in the top 20.  If you watch, Malzone is by far the best passer.  His timing is lights out (throws guys open,) his accuracy is off the charts, and he has a quick release and strong arm.  

If a team like Oregon or O$U ever used a pure passer like Malzone, with all the weapons he'd have at his disposal, it would be unfair.  I am obviously 100% sold on Malzone.  Just watch his videos.  I promise everyone, he will be great at UM.  

The jury is still out on Morris -I think he could be great, but i feel better about Malzone than any QB we've had since Henne.  

You didn't feel good about the Ryan Mallet commitment?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:48 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

i watched videos of almost a dozen top prospects, and Malzone was one of the few pro style QBs rated in the top 20.  If you watch, Malzone is by far the best passer.  His timing is lights out (throws guys open,) his accuracy is off the charts, and he has a quick release and strong arm.  

If a team like Oregon or O$U ever used a pure passer like Malzone, with all the weapons he'd have at his disposal, it would be unfair.  I am obviously 100% sold on Malzone.  Just watch his videos.  I promise everyone, he will be great at UM.  

You didn't feel good about the Ryan Mallet commitment?

Truth be told I felt much better about the Gardner commitment than I did about Mallett.

Factors were in play though...

My declining faith in Carr's offense (or should I say Debord) the last couple of years was one. The other was that Garder (like Pryor) was practically a match made in heaven for RR's scheme.

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:05 am

I actually didn't follow Mallett's recruitment too much for whatever reason, but I honestly never felt great about him. Maybe it was the rumors on his character before hand. Mallet has a cannon, but Malzone caught my eye because of his lightning fast decision making.

I look at Malzone's video and his WRs are nothing special. They are covered on half the plays, contrary to many of the other QBs have WRs wide open (due to buying time with legs much of the time.)

Typical dual threats don't impress me. Look how Braxton Miller played vs any D of worth. Blitz him and he's done. He can't beat you w/his arm. Give him the occasional big run. Who cares. Load eight in the box like Sparty and Clemson did and he is limited.

A QB like Malzone might not put up amazing stats vs cupcakes, but QBs that can pass first, are always the best chance vs an elite D.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:43 pm

I hope you're right because I'm not as high on Speight as a lot of other people are.

PostSubject: Re: Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan   Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan Empty

Back to top Go down

Alex Malzone, QB Brother Rice, has committed to Michigan
Page 1 of 1