Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN Empty
PostSubject: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 11:13 pm

BTN is featuring M FB on Monday:

Profile of 1940 Heisman trophy winner Tom Harmon-7:30am

Profile of All-American running back Billy Taylor-10am

Documentary on M's 1997 national championship team-1pm

Profile on 1997 Heisman trophy winner Charles Woodson-2pm

2009 game vs Notre Dame-2:30pm

2000 Orange Bowl game vs Alabama-4:30pm

1995 game vs OSU-8pm
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 6:31 am

Set up the DVR last night.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 8:59 am

And it's looking like I'm gonna be home today......

joe

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 9:05 am

The game I'd really like to see again is the Biakabatuka game. I have the DVR set for that time slot.

I was at that game and don't think I've ever seen it from a TV standpoint except for small clips.

That was the game that gave me this story. (Told before)

Michigan goes on offense in the 2nd quarter.

Tim goes for 15.
Tim goes for 22.
Tim goes for 12.
Tim gets stopped for no gain.

At this point the guy behind us stood up and said "Jesus Christ! Call some other play!!!!"

Let's just say several people told him what they thought of his idea.

That game was fun to see. But It's been so long and I drank so much I don't remember a lot so tonight's game will be fun for me.

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 1:15 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Set up the DVR last night.  

Same here. Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 1:17 pm

joe wrote:
The game I'd really like to see again is the Biakabatuka game. I have the DVR set for that time slot.

I was at that game and don't think I've ever seen it from a TV standpoint except for small clips.

That was the game that gave me this story. (Told before)

Michigan goes on offense in the 2nd quarter.

Tim goes for 15.
Tim goes for 22.
Tim goes for 12.
Tim gets stopped for no gain.

At this point the guy behind us stood up and said "Jesus Christ! Call some other play!!!!"

Let's just say several people told him what they thought of his idea.

That game was fun to see. But It's been so long and I drank so much I don't remember a lot so tonight's game will be fun for me.

Now THAT is funny!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 5:52 pm

I came in and the 2000 Orange Bowl against Alabama is on. I am taping that one specifically for my son in law. He is a HUGE Bama fan and I remember that night vividly. I was at his house. The game was a late one and we were getting beat 14-0 in the first half and I went to bed. I heard him on the phone talking to one of his Bama buds and they were saying how we would get drilled and they were wondering why they put them against such a weak opponent. Next morning I wake up and Sports Center is on and I see the replay. I did NOT say a word. When he got up SC was talking about the game and the "wide right" and I just smiled at him! He huffed out of the room, not saying a word. About 2 weeks later was his Bama bud's birthday so I had a special t-shirt made for his birthday. It had goal posts, a kicker in red and the ball sailing wide right on the front! He was so pissed when he opened it on his birthday that he threw is in the trash immediately...but it was worth EVERY penny to me!!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 6:01 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
I came in and the 2000 Orange Bowl against Alabama is on.  I am taping that one specifically for my son in law.  He is a HUGE Bama fan and I remember that night vividly.  I was at his house.  The game was a late one and we were getting beat 14-0 in the first half and I went to bed.  I heard him on the phone talking to one of his Bama buds and they were saying how we would get drilled and they were wondering why they put them against such a weak opponent.  Next morning I wake up and Sports Center is on and I see the replay.  I did NOT say a word.  When he got up SC was talking about the game and the "wide right" and I just smiled at him!  He huffed out of the room, not saying a word.  About 2 weeks later was his Bama bud's birthday so I had a special t-shirt made for his birthday.  It had goal posts, a kicker in red and the ball sailing wide right on the front!  He was so pissed when he opened it on his birthday that he threw is in the trash immediately...but it was worth EVERY penny to me!!!   Smile

Go Blue!!  Smile

I was at that game. My then best friend, now brother-in-law and I had a blast. The Bama fans around us were pissed because they couldn't put UM away.

They also kept saying that UM's tight end (thompson) was going to be the death of them that game.

Brady was lights out that game.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 8:41 pm

I have to admit, watching the 2009 UM vs ND game, I fully bought into the Tate Forcier hype. Man, if that kid had the mental toughness of Denard, I think he could have been a great one. He sure had a feel for the game.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:03 pm

I was at the M-OSU in 95', I think this the 1st time I've seen a replay since. Timmy B. was a stud that day. Watching the end of game now, had forgot OSU made 1 last drive. Just saw Woodson's INT at 10yd line, just the start of a great M career.

Sandyeggo you asked what we wanted from M this yr. The off. line opening holes like the good old days!!

GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:33 pm

If I had to compare Tim B to one back currently at UM it would be DeVeon Smith. Size is almost the same (TB 6'0" 215, DS 5'11" 223). We only had one back hit the holes last year the way TB hit the holes in the 95' O$U game and that was Smith.

booboo I think the entire M fan base wants to see the O line look like that this year.

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:34 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
If I had to compare Tim B to one back currently at UM it would be DeVeon Smith. Size is almost the same (TB 6'0" 215, DS 5'11" 223).  We only had one back hit the holes last year the way TB hit the holes in the 95' O$U game and that was Smith.

booboo I think the entire M fan base wants to see the O line look like that this year.

cheers cheers cheers 

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Watching that 1995 game now. That sloppy grass field was awesome. I wish it was still grass.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 5:53 pm

I watched the replay of the game last night and I was laughing so hard when they showed Bo at around 7 minutes left in the 4th qtr, UM up by 16 and O$U has the ball. Michigan stops O$U on a screen pass for a gain of 1 yd.

The camera pans up to the box and you see Bo just having a fit. He's yelling and screaming like someone just kicked his dog. You could tell he was upset that O$U gained a yard instead of being tackled for a loss.

I rewound it and watched it about 5 times and laughed equally as hard every time.

Classic Bo

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Yeah, that was great.

I didn't realize that Fred Jackson was the OC for the 95 and 96 seasons.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 8:59 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Yeah, that was great.

I didn't realize that Fred Jackson was the OC for the 95 and 96 seasons.

yeah me either. There must have been a bit more of a shakeup after the moeller departure than I thought. It's fun to watch games like that though because Carr, Jackson, Mattison and Hoke all looked so young.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 9:20 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
If I had to compare Tim B to one back currently at UM it would be DeVeon Smith. Size is almost the same (TB 6'0" 215, DS 5'11" 223).  We only had one back hit the holes last year the way TB hit the holes in the 95' O$U game and that was Smith.

And your comment here explains further my feelings that Smith is/may be the best back we have.

PostSubject: Re: Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN   Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN Empty

Back to top Go down

Monday, 6/23, is Michigan day on BTN
Page 1 of 1