Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoke

Go down 
+5
fishgoblue22
wshoes
GOBLUEJOE66
sandyeggo_blue
BOLEACH7
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Hoke    Hoke  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Has to be held accountable for the lack of preparation of this team... there is no focus whatsoever.... and I am sick and tired of just seeing hand clapping.... and I am not on the headset issue just get in the players faces or put in players who want to play with emotion and accountability
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:47 pm

I like Brady. He cares for the players. He's a family man. Seems to have a good heart.

He's in over his head though. I've seen all that I need to see. Time to make a switch. Nothing personal. He's just not the man for the job.

BOLEACH7

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Sandy absolutely... never once have I thought that Brady did not care for the kids or the program... me thinks that he is too nice to them and they are walking all over him because all he will do is clap and pat them on the ass if they continually make the same mistakes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 3:19 pm

just like app st in 07 was for carr, the game last night is the beginning of the end for hoke.

GOBLUEJOE66

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:09 pm

The "light" went on in my head as far as Hoke is concerned when I turned if off with about 3 minutes to go IN THE SECOND QUARTER. Great man. I totally believe that he would have walked from San Diego to take the UM job. But, you really can't be a "nice guy" and be a success at this level.

The question is where do we go from here? What is the timing and who goes? To me, as I stated in another topic, we need to fire Brandon because he is not going to fire Hoke. That way you let the AD take control and let him make all of the decisions....no excuses. But, who is out there that can take over the AD job and have the balls to fix the problems? Then, who is the hell would the AD even approach?

This is one bug cluster, but it needs to be fixed before the current players and unsigned recruits start scattering to the wind!

Go Blue!! Smile

wshoes

wshoes

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:46 pm

I don't think it is a given that Brandon would not make a change. End of the day if he thinks his legacy is at stake and he can help that, he would make a change.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:34 pm

wshoes wrote:
I don't think it is a given that Brandon would not make a change. End of the day if he thinks his legacy is at stake and he can help that, he would make a change.

exactly what I think

fishgoblue22

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:19 am

wshoes wrote:

I agree. Now that emotion and alcohal has worn off, I know you can't fire Brady right now, but it has to be his last season. You have to go after one of the Harbaugh brothers or another successful coach. Someone with a track record of winning, and winning a lot.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:38 am

If we win the rest of the games???????

Admin
Admin
Admin

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 am

joe wrote:

Even if we go 12-1, I want Brady Hoke gone.

I've wanted him out for over a year now.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:55 am

joe wrote:

Changes nothing. How can a team be so unprepared for a night game at ND?
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:48 am

The ONLY way I would keep Hoke is if he did win the rest of the games. One loss to Sparty or OSU and I want him out.

We are 3-7 in last 10 games? NO room for error for Hoke IMO.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:12 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
The ONLY way I would keep Hoke is if he did win the rest of the games. One loss to Sparty or OSU and I want him out.

We are 3-7 in last 10 games? NO room for error for Hoke IMO.

3-7 over the last 10, and 0-5 against rivals on the road isn't already enough for you?

booboo

booboo

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:28 am

wshoes wrote:

Agree 100%, but the question I have is about "his legacy is at stake" What would DBs definition be? Embarrassment of having 80,00 -90,000 people in stands?, a real large donors like a Stephen Ross says I'm taking my money elsewhere? Season tickets from alumni & students continue to drop? Going 9-3 but humiliated by MSU & OSU, lose by 30+, as well as what happen to ND?

One of the posts, sorry can't remember who to give credit to, mentioned something DB is like Jerry Jones. DB wants to be in the spot light, doesn't want a coach who would take that away. As long people continue to buy tickets, sell out stadium, buy merchandise, stay in the news, competitive on the field, etc, JJ & DB really don't care what the fans have to say.

Any thoughts

GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:31 am

We really have no idea if the Stephen Ross's of the world are as pissed as the MGoForum fans.

It's an assumption.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:51 am

joe wrote:
We really have no idea if the Stephen Ross's of the world are as pissed as the MGoForum fans.

It's an assumption.

and to think that we don't know how he feels, yet Stephen Ross could hold the key for Jim Harbaugh next year. If Jim leaves SF and Ross decides to let Philbin go then you know he'll throw the bank at Jim. It will be UM and Miami in a bidding war. Ross would most definitely win that one.

booboo

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Joe, I understand & agree. But if enough donors, not the Stephen Ross's of the world, but the fans that donate $2500, $5000, $10,000, $25,000, those fans that have an endowed scholarships especially for the FB program. These donors complain enough, threaten to take their money elsewhere, would it make a difference? I don't know.

I went to google, searched around for donors to the University, athletics, etc. Millions are donated, so the fan who donates $2500, tells DB I'm taking my money elsewhere, would he care? probably not.

But if the Stephen Ross's of the world, who might have DBs ear, tell DB your football program is a freaking joke do something about it!! Then does DB make a change?

Of course we hope Hoke & the FB team makes some changes, find a way to win at sparty and/or OSU.

GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
joe wrote:

It's an assumption.

and to think that we don't know how he feels, yet Stephen Ross could hold the key for Jim Harbaugh next year. If Jim leaves SF and Ross decides to let Philbin go then you know he'll throw the bank at Jim. It will be UM and Miami in a bidding war. Ross would most definitely win that one.

Well, I would be very surprised if UM would even bid for Jim H if Ross wanted him.  Ross is a major donor so I don't see that ever happening... And personally, I think Ross is definitely going to pursue Harbaugh if he gets released from SF. Another reason I don't see Jim ending up at UM. Hope I am wrong, but not holding my breath on that one.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:55 pm

all I know is .... if I was contributing millions to the university to build new suites and field houses and whatever .... I would want my program to be in the elite of college football , not a second tier program in the B1G .... I would most certainly be on the phone to Brandon and tell him to get his head out of his ass and get us competing again
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 3:09 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
all I know is .... if I was contributing millions to the university to build new suites and field houses and whatever .... I would want my program to be in the elite of college football , not a second tier program in the B1G .... I would most certainly be on the phone to Brandon and tell him to get his head out of his ass and get us competing again

Well, the way I look at it is he has a fraction of his money in donations to UM compared to what he has invested in the Dolphins. Where would he want the hottest coach to be? Somewhere at his alma mater or pursuing a Super Bowl? Which would benefit him financially the most?

I would like to hope YOU are right here Bo.........but I still would be surprised. We'll see. It may not even come down to JH for either.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 3:12 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

Well, the way I look at it is he has a fraction of his money in donations to UM compared to what he has invested in the Dolphins. Where would he want the hottest coach to be? Somewhere at his alma mater or pursuing a Super Bowl? Which would benefit him financially the most?

I would like to hope YOU are right here Bo.........but I still would be surprised. We'll see. It may not even come down to JH for either.

I agree with you on the Miami v Michigan battle .... my reference was to Joe wondering if the big time donors were as mad as we here on the forum thought they were
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 3:19 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

I agree with you on the Miami v Michigan  battle .... my reference was to Joe wondering if the big time donors were as mad as we here on the forum thought they were

Opps, my bad. Here I thought you were responding to my post!!! Ok, enough of this speculating from me. I'm out of here...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:11 pm

Interesting post from poster purplestuff on mgoblog as to what Hoke inherited:

"Here's what was in the cupboard when Hoke got here:

QB: Reigning conference player of the year Denard Robinson (with two years of eligibility remaining) plus blue-chip recruit Devin Gardner (4 years)

RB: Future 1,000 yard rusher Fitz Toussaint, now a fringe NFL guy (3 years), plus dudes like Shaw, Smith, Hopkins, etc.

WR: Junior Hemingway coming off a nearly 600 yard season despite missing three games, Roy Roundtree coming off a 900+ yard season (who would basically win us games with catches against Northwestern and ND), and future single season record holder Jeremy Gallon (3 years)

OL: Returning Rimington finalist David Molk, future two time lineman of the year and 1st round pick Taylor Lewan (3 years), future 3rd round pick Michael Schofield (3 years), future 1st team all-conference selection and current NFL starter Patrick Omameh (2 years), plus blue-chip upperclassmen like Barnum and Mealer for two years each.

DL: Martin, RVB, Heininger, Roh, BWC, Washington, Black, Beyer

LB: JMFR (4 years), Morgan (4 years), Cam Gordon (3 years), Demens (2 years), Furman (starting at Oklahoma State), Robinson (led Ferris State in tackles after transferring)

DB: Countess (4+ years), Kovacs, Gordon (3 years), Floyd (2 years), Avery (3 years), Vinopal (starting at Pitt after earning HM all-conference last year), Carvin Johnson (2nd team all-conference at Hampton after transferring)

The cupboard was fully loaded, and that is with Dave Brandon essentially sabotaging recruiting beginning a month and a half before the 2010 class signed ("No kid, I can't tell you who the coach will be, but look at all these construction photos...").

Jim Harbaugh inherited a winless team at Stanford (if you want to talk about beaten down as a program) and won the Orange Bowl in year 4. Hoke walked into Sugar Bowl champs and is driving the plane into the mountain."

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:02 am

wshoes wrote:
Interesting post from poster purplestuff on mgoblog as to what Hoke inherited:

"Here's what was in the cupboard when Hoke got here:

QB: Reigning conference player of the year Denard Robinson (with two years of eligibility remaining) plus blue-chip recruit Devin Gardner (4 years)

RB: Future 1,000 yard rusher Fitz Toussaint, now a fringe NFL guy (3 years), plus dudes like Shaw, Smith, Hopkins, etc.

WR: Junior Hemingway coming off a nearly 600 yard season despite missing three games, Roy Roundtree coming off a 900+ yard season (who would basically win us games with catches against Northwestern and ND), and future single season record holder Jeremy Gallon (3 years)

OL: Returning Rimington finalist David Molk, future two time lineman of the year and 1st round pick Taylor Lewan (3 years), future 3rd round pick Michael Schofield (3 years), future 1st team all-conference selection and current NFL starter Patrick Omameh (2 years), plus blue-chip upperclassmen like Barnum and Mealer for two years each.

DL: Martin, RVB, Heininger, Roh, BWC, Washington, Black, Beyer

LB: JMFR (4 years), Morgan (4 years), Cam Gordon (3 years), Demens (2 years), Furman (starting at Oklahoma State), Robinson (led Ferris State in tackles after transferring)

DB: Countess (4+ years), Kovacs, Gordon (3 years), Floyd (2 years), Avery (3 years), Vinopal (starting at Pitt after earning HM all-conference last year), Carvin Johnson (2nd team all-conference at Hampton after transferring)

The cupboard was fully loaded, and that is with Dave Brandon essentially sabotaging recruiting beginning a month and a half before the 2010 class signed ("No kid, I can't tell you who the coach will be, but look at all these construction photos...").

Jim Harbaugh inherited a winless team at Stanford (if you want to talk about beaten down as a program) and won the Orange Bowl in year 4.  Hoke walked into Sugar Bowl champs and is driving the plane into the mountain."

ouch. this is sobering

sandyeggo_blue

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Hoke during a 97.1 radio interview said about the Notre Dame week "I wouldn't change anything with how we prepared."

That's kind of disheartening as a fan. Your team took an embarrassing beating yet your coach is essentially saying that if we had a do-over he'd prepare the exact same way.

I didn't see hardly anything in that game that led me to believe that UM had practiced for the correct game plan.

I know it's time to move on but I just think this was the wrong thing to say.

MGOBLUEBC

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 10:22 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Hoke during a 97.1 radio interview said about the Notre Dame week "I wouldn't change anything with how we prepared."

That's kind of disheartening as a fan. Your team took an embarrassing beating yet your coach is essentially saying that if we had a do-over he'd prepare the exact same way.

I didn't see hardly anything in that game that led me to believe that UM had practiced for the correct game plan.

I know it's time to move on but I just think this was the wrong thing to say.

WOW, OK.

Just brush it off, Hoke...............Yep, no big deal.

Guess he must be satisfied with the results and he's not worried about his job.

Boy, I'm not sure I can stomach much more of this guy between the way he acts on the field like a dam cheerleader and a response like that.....I have had about enough.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hoke  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke    Hoke  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoke
Page 1 of 1