Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor

Go down 
+2
MGOBLUEBC
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor Empty
PostSubject: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:31 pm

To be this unprepared on the road all the time is inexcusable.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:34 pm

God, I cannot believe this shit. This IS a disgrace for sure.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:37 pm

Let Nussmeier guide them to the 6-6 year.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:39 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking, fish. What we got to lose and let us test the waters with Nuss. What can we lose at this point?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:54 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

I'll sign that petition.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:44 pm

I'm sad
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:18 am

If you fire Hoke during the season you can kiss every commit for next year goodbye. It says to the world that we are a program that is out of control and are grasping at anything to correct it. If Hoke does to need to be relieved, you do it officially after the season. You could also strip him of all his powers as HC but leave him in place as a figurehead for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:22 am

That's a risk you have to take after a game like this.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:38 am

That is a knee jerk reaction after a bad loss. I don't think any AD in their right mind would consider firing a coach after the 2nd game unless there were major issues (NCAA infractions, a team out of control with off field issues etc)
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:39 am

blu4vr wrote:
If you fire Hoke during the season you can kiss every commit for next year goodbye.  It says to the world that we are a program that is out of control and are grasping at anything to correct it.  If Hoke does to need to be relieved, you do it officially after the season.  You could also strip him of all his powers as HC but leave him in place as a figurehead for the rest of the season.  

1) It IS a program out of control, or at least in disarray. Two of our last 3 games have been disasters reflecting horrible preparation- last night and the K-State bowl.

2) I think we all realize a change will not be made during the season.

3) Recruiting will suffer either way- hire the right guy to mitigate that. Is Hoke inherently a great recruiter, or is he a really good recruiter AT MICHIGAN? A lot of coaches would be.

Don't settle for a journeyman sub.500 coach next time.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:48 am

'shoes wrote:

But that is all you will get as long as Brandon is there.  He has to be in charge, he has to be the dominant figure.  A great coach would be more powerful than him and he can't play second fiddle, it's not his nature.

Last edited by blu4vr on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:05 am

Said it all along, Brandon has to be in the limelight he has to be seen as the almighty AD on the sidelines before and after games.... correct me if I'm wrong but did anyone ever see Don Canham on the field holding court and having his ring kissed
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:22 am

blu4vr wrote:
'shoes wrote:

But that is all you will get as long as Brandon is there.  He has to be in charge, he has to be the dominant figure.  A great coach would be more powerful than him and he can't play second fiddle, it's not his nature.

You and Bo may both be right about Brandon. I don't like him and I don't think he is anywhere near as smart as he thinks he is but I don't think he's dumb either and I think he cares about his ultimate legacy so he might be willing to go after a top guy this time.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor   Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Hoke before he gets to Ann Arbor
Page 1 of 1