Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?

Go down 
+5
sandyeggo_blue
booboo
dwoody
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? Empty
PostSubject: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 7:46 pm

I can't think of any.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 7:47 pm

me either

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Maybe if he had another week to prepare, it would have turned out differently. Oh, wait...
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 11:51 pm

Jim Hackett on Hoke before todays game. "I'm really comfortable with the fact that this guy has done and extraordinary job in very difficult situation"

He went on to say his evaluation of Hoke be soon after OSU game.

Read into what you want but if Hackett decides to give Hoke another yr., might be a all out riot.

On my I-phone from the Detroit Free Press
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:07 am

booboo wrote:
Jim Hackett on Hoke before todays game. "I'm really comfortable with the fact that this guy has done and extraordinary job in very difficult situation"

He went on to say his evaluation of Hoke be soon after OSU game.

Read into what you want but if Hackett decides to give Hoke another yr., might be a all out riot.

On my I-phone from the Detroit Free Press
I just can't imagine Hackett keeping Hoke in charge. You have to look at the complete body of work. Not just this year last year too, This team has not progressed, now even the recruits are abandoning ship like rat at a flood Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad alien

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 10:53 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I can't think of any.

I can think of 25642.02 reasons. In 39 days that will translate into 1,000,000 reasons.

I get what everyone here is saying about letting him go. I want him gone too. But really, what good is firing hoke now going to do? We're so close to saving $1Mil in his buyout. Keep him until Jan 1st then can him.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:35 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
I can't think of any.

I can think of 25642.02 reasons.  In 39 days that will translate into 1,000,000 reasons.

I get what everyone here is saying about letting him go. I want him gone too. But really, what good is firing hoke now going to do? We're so close to saving $1Mil in his buyout. Keep him until Jan 1st then can him.

I would agree with eggo here, but, my main concern if we wait that long, is there going to be a TOP coach like we all want still available in case Jimmy isn't coming? The longer we wait aren't we limiting our pickings? There are other U's out there in the same position we are in.....looking for a GOOD coach. My preference is to fire Hoke NOW, pay him the $1 mil extra & get the best available coach out there while we can. To me it would be worth the extra $1 mil to get the coach we WANT.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:43 am

Well the NFL regular season goes nearly till the end of December and presumably a college coach would be coaching till Jan 1 or so. It's not my $1 million so I'm not going to dismiss it that easily. It would be nice if maybe Hoke and UM would agree to split the difference- let him go next week but pay him $2.5 million.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:03 pm

College coaches skip there teams bowl games every year to take a new job. Dantonio did it, RR did it, Kelly did it. Happens every year. No reason to wait.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:11 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
College coaches skip there teams bowl games every year to take a new job.  Dantonio did it, RR did it, Kelly did it.  Happens every year.  No reason to wait.

Good point, fish. I agree.

You aren't telling me there aren't dealings going on behind closed doors, either. We know Florida is looking for a coach. You guys think they're waiting? I don't.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Now that it is unlikely that Michigan is going to a bowl game and their 2014 season will be over (barring a MAJOR, MAJOR miracle next Saturday), my feeling is that the pink slip should be given given to Hoke very soon after the O$U game. Fish and MGOBLUEBC are both right in that teams which fire their coaches during the season often start a search immediately and select someone who's team is in a bowl. That coach resigns and an assistant does the bowl. With Jim Harbaugh, contacts with Michigan do not qualify as tampering. If he talks to another NFL team while under contract, that's a different story. You can bet that there have been some clandestine contacts between him and UM and he is fully aware of the Michigan situation and their interest in him. But, no one knows how long he will keep UM dangling. After all, he has some serious responsibilities in Frisco.

Easy for me to say because it's not my million bucks that it would cost UM with an early termination!

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 2:02 pm

$1 million extra is a small price to pay to stop the damage being done to The Program.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 2:51 pm

just make the announcement tomorrow .... give Hoke his earl Bruce moment ..... that is the only way that we get within 10 points of buckeyes .... it is over , we know it , Hackett knows it , Hoke knows it .... there is no reason to delay this trainwreck .... Ross can grab that extra $1 million loose change out of his couch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:51 pm

yesterday at the press conference you could almost see it in his face, He had the expression that all is lost. He had the deer in the headlight look, as if to say Ive done all I can and the tank is empty.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:05 pm

He really looked overwhelmed, and tired.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:11 pm

he knows it is over... just fire him already why let him go through this bucknut week with al the pressure and questions .... it was sad how Brandon treated RR by lying and saying he wanted to evaluate the whole season when everyone knew RR was going to be fired ... Hackett is doing the same thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?   Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any reason not to fire Hoke tonight?
Page 1 of 1