Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can't fire Hoke....

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
umichfaninpa
MgoBlue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

Can't fire Hoke.... Empty
PostSubject: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:06 am

now. I still do not think you can fire him yet. At the end of the season yes. Not now. It would kill anything we have with recruits. It would allow current players to start planning where they are going next year. It would be December or January before we knew who the replacement coach would be. That's a long time. How lucky was OSU when Urban was spending a year in the broadcast booth? They had a coach just waiting in the wings. I do not see that for us. I think we have to ride this out.

That said, if your are going to fire Brandon what the hell are you waiting for? I am not sure if Brandon is really on the hot seat at this point. His responsibilities extend much further than just football. I really wonder if the powers that be see Brandon as we do.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:13 am

I think we could lose just as many recruits keeping him, remember signing day is a long way off. If the right person is hired they will get recruits. The way the team seems to be regressing might influence recruits to change their minds.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:28 pm

I disagree. Recruits want to win and want to see progress. He needs to be fired now.

Charlie Weis fired at Kansas today.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 4:40 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
now.  I still do not think you can fire him yet.  At the end of the season yes.  Not now.  It would kill anything we have with recruits.  It would allow current players to start planning where they are going next year.  It would be December or January before we knew who the replacement coach would be.  That's a long time.  How lucky was OSU when Urban was spending a year in the broadcast booth?  They had a coach just waiting in the wings.  I do not see that for us.  I think we have to ride this out.

That said, if your are going to fire Brandon what the hell are you waiting for?  I am not sure if Brandon is really on the hot seat at this point.  His responsibilities extend much further than just football.  I really wonder if the powers that be see Brandon as we do.  

Sure you can. See USC 2013. We can take the time to get our criteria right and vet all possibilities, probably takes pressure off the players too. Nothing to lose on the rest of the season.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 6:31 pm

While drastic, firing Hoke at the end of the season as opposed to now is irrelevant as concerning recruits.... will a recruit be more willing to commit after a 4-8 season or recruit to a team that knows it needs a better coach, and is willing to be proactive now.... what recruit wants to be coached down like Green, Kalis, etc.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:52 pm

Make the right hire (like a Harbaugh) and we wouldn't have to worry about the recruits.

Hire a no-name like a MAC coach, and yes, we would have to worry.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:33 pm

What do you think other coaches like Meyer and Saban are saying to recruits about Michigan and Hoke.... I would be doing the same thing... " you want to go to a .500 program, look how they have coached down there 5 * recruits "
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Man this is a 50/50 issue 1st firing him now will just cost money, and not change a thing just cost the school more money, 2nd we'll at least know what commits are truly committed to Michigan. If we fire Hoke now an put an intrimm coach in his place, whats that going to do for recruiting, yet we want the next guy to be the right guy. Personnaly to me the season is shot, play out this hand however ,and make an extisnsive search get the right guy and move o

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Saturday was a joke.... I and 100,000 were absolutely embarrassed by the state of the team... Hoke has lost all control... players out of position, players unsure where to line up, players playing with no emotion... keeping him will do nothing with the recruits... other coaches are already using the shambles that Hoke has captained against us
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 6:42 pm

I get what you guys are saying. The argument to get rid of him now is compelling. I just can't see a captain-less ship not making things worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't fire Hoke....   Can't fire Hoke.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't fire Hoke....
Page 1 of 1