Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torn

Go down 
+4
blueest
Admin
fishgoblue22
MgoBlue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Torn   Torn EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:37 am

I have been mostly quiet for the past two weeks, particularly on my thoughts on this years team. I am trying to avoid knee jerk reactions. Michigan looked pretty good against Appalachian St. I figured its Appalachian St. and it's only 1 game. So now we get embarrassed by ND. Still it's only 1 game. That said it was embarrassing. I could be the OC and would have had at least the same success as Nussmeier.

So now what?

Fire Hoke!!! It's an easy argument to make. Real easy. See road record, rivalry record.....

One more year!!!. Crazy but I find this is an easy argument to make too. We are still very young. Outside of Gardner, and this is debatable, who are we really losing after this year? Funchess might leave early but who knows. As far as Senior's we are not losing much. Fire Hoke and watch our recruits flee and the transfers begin. We are looking at a size able Senior class next year, something we have not seen in years. Incredible depth and experience everywhere! Our current recruiting class is one of the top in the country (avg. stars).

Is this (end of season) the time to fire Hoke? Yea we are probably looking at an 8-4 season MAYBE and another trip to the Mediocre Bowl. Still look at the roster and tell me this isn't the best we have looked in a long, long time.

So here I am still torn. Frankly I would have fired Hoke last year. I think it is harder this year with this group getting older and more experienced. It would be tough to implode everything now and start over IMO. That said, failure next year and it is the easiest decision to make.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:41 am

MgoBlue wrote:

One more year!!!. Crazy but I find this is an easy argument to make too.  We are still very young.  Outside of Gardner, and this is debatable, who are we really losing after this year?  Funchess might leave early but who knows.  As far as Senior's we are not losing much.  Fire Hoke and watch our recruits flee and the transfers begin.  We are looking at a size able Senior class next year, something we have not seen in years.  Incredible depth and experience everywhere!  Our current recruiting class is one of the top in the country (avg. stars).

Many schools have fired coaches and not had mass exedus and recruiting fall off. I don't think it will if the right guy is hired.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:42 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Many schools have fired coaches and not had mass exedus and recruiting fall off.  I don't think it will if the right guy is hired.

Bingo.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
blueest

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:48 am

Would ND be better off if they gave Weis another year?
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:56 am

I'm still holding out a small shred of hope that they will turn things around this year, but I don't think we're in as bad of shape for a new coach as we were for the last two coaching hires. I'm assuming we wouldn't have another radical shift in coaching philosophy. Also, there has been close to no attrition so far in Hoke's first two full classes and I think that a lot of players still come here to play for Michigan as opposed to for Hoke specifically. I don't think it should be a deterrent.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 12:52 pm

He is going to ruin recruiting. And he can't win with good players. Time to move on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:16 pm

blueest wrote:

He was kept around a year too long, just like Brady Hoke was going into this year.

And that isn't a knee-jerk comment based on this past Saturday. Everyone in here knows I called for Brady's head all last season.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
MgoBlue

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:17 pm

We have the luxury of saying a coaching transition shouldn't affect the progress that is made. Or I don't "think" it will be detrimental. That is the luxury we have. That said, if shit does fall apart then we have the luxury of calling Brandon an asshole and asking for his head. There are no guarantees if a change is made. I think some here are oversimplifying it.

It wasn't that long ago that the position was open. I seem to remember we didn't have people falling over themselves for the position. Outside of Harbaugh's and Les Miles Michigan fans can't come up with a name they would want and is even feasible. I know, I know just hand someone a blank checkbook and they will come running right? It's fun being the fan and playing if I ruled the world.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Admin wrote:
blueest wrote:

And that isn't a knee-jerk comment based on this past Saturday. Everyone in here knows I called for Brady's head all last season.

As did I.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Don't think that firing Hoke this year will do any to recruiting or getting a top coach... I am sure that around the college football world the Hoke hiring was seen as a long shot and just getting a Michigan Man back in charge... a Hoke firing will not be seen as a knee jerk action by prospective future coaches... Hoke's future has been in doubt since the Penn State disaster last year
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:51 am

As much as I like HOKE, I don't know if he the guy for this job , he a good recruiter, as amazing connection to the kids, but he just can't seem to get that line straighten out . I know if he could accomplish that lone issue Michigan could be back on the right path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn Empty

Back to top Go down

Torn
Page 1 of 1