Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shane Morris

Go down 
+2
Admin
wshoes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:13 am

Since I went to the trouble to research this for an Mlive post and not everyone follows that board- I'll repost it here:

This is what Shane has done on the field in games at Michigan:

34-50, 298 yd (just under 6 yards per attempt, his bowl game start was almost exclusively dinking and dunking), 0 (zero) TDs and 3 interceptions and a passer rating 50 points lower than Gardner's.

Here are his HIGH SCHOOL stats:

108 completions in 220 attempts (.491) for 1340 yards with 17 TDs and 8 Interceptions- those are career statistics. This is not the second coming of Tom Brady or even Ryan Mallet, based on objective evidence.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:19 am

Agreed.

While I liked the fact that we got a commitment from this kid, it didn't take a ton of research to find that he is a very raw talent with a rocket arm. Decision-making was always the question mark, as he struggled with that at time in high school.

People calling for Morris to supplant DG are crazy. Gardner might not be spectacular, but he at least gives us the chance to win games.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:06 pm

You have remember and account for that fact that Shane lost almost an entire season in high school due to mono. So those high school stats need to be looked at objectively IMO.

he was invited to the elite 11. that alone speaks for itself.

With the right coach and in the right situation, which I think he's on track for, I think Shane can be really really good. Maybe not all world but really really good.

what I mean by right coach is that Nuss is a pretty good QB coach and if he sticks around that will be a big factor in Shane's progression. And by the right situation, I mean that he's not going to get thrown in the fire from day one (a la Henne, even though that turned out great for UM because of the line henne had). Speaking of the O line, IMO our O line will only get better in time. I admit I thought they would be further along than they seem to be but there has definitely progression from last year. Hopefully the O line will be mediocre by the time Shane takes over next year. that probably requires a coaching change among other things.

wshoes

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:20 pm

I hear you Sandy. He clearly excelled at camps, but his on-field game experience is woefully short. I just think it is wishful thinking that he gives us a better chance to win this season.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:41 pm

Let's not forget he is behind the same o-line as DG AND he is younger, less experienced.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 1:00 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Let's not forget he is behind the same o-line as DG AND he is younger, less experienced.

bingo

the artist formally known

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 10:14 am

Okay but lets not forget if Morrris is the QB we move Devon to a wide out create match up issues for their defense, with Funchess and Gardner. More opportunity to find an open receiver. You need less protection ,it also may result in a better running game, because you'd have to take a defender to help with the extra receiver.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 10:42 am

Devin did not light it up as a wide receiver the last go round.
Back to top Go down

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 11:10 am

Shoes he was Michigan leading receiver, until he was moved to QB because of Denards injury,  3  Cool TD. 11 rec and 195 at the time and that with Denard at QB. He's a huge target and a real run threat after the catch. Plus the 98 would look better at the receiver position than at QB Evil or Very Mad

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
blueest

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 12:46 pm

It made no sense to move Devin to WR when we already had players like Roundtree and Gallon on the team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris Empty

Back to top Go down

Shane Morris
Page 1 of 1