Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shane Morris

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 5:22 pm

I have been relatively less excited about him than most Michigan fans ever since he came in based upon:

1) Not much experience- he missed much of his senior year.
2) he had very mediocre HS stats when he did play, including a low completion percentage. Great HS stats don't mean you'll be a great college QB, but mediocre HS stats is worrisome.
3) I was less impressed than most with his bowl game start, as we only got 6 points in the first 58 minutes of the game and then a garbage time TD, and his average yd per completion was atrocious reflecting that he dinked and dunked.

However having said all of that, He does have all of the physical tools- strong arm and pretty mobile, that made him a coveted recruit in the first place and he may have even less experience than Speight or Malzone when you combine his limited HS and college time. This could mean he has even more room to improve and we know his prior coaching was poor at the college level, so hough he is technically the most experienced in terms of seniority, he may have been the least polished and have a bigger upside. Just throwing this possible theory out there.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Morris   Shane Morris EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 5:53 pm

wshoes wrote:
I have been relatively less excited about him than most Michigan fans ever since he came in based upon:

1) Not much experience- he missed much of his senior year.
2) he had very mediocre HS stats when he did play, including a low completion percentage. Great HS stats don't mean you'll be a great college QB, but mediocre HS stats is  worrisome.
3) I was less impressed than most with his bowl game start, as we only got 6 points in the first 58 minutes of the game and then a garbage time  TD, and his average yd per completion was atrocious reflecting that he dinked and dunked.

However having said all of that, He does have all of the physical tools- strong arm and pretty mobile, that made him a coveted recruit in the first place and he may have even less experience than Speight or Malzone when you combine his limited HS and college time. This could mean he has even more room to improve and we know his prior coaching was poor at the college level, so hough he is technically the most experienced in terms of seniority, he may have been the least polished and have a bigger upside. Just throwing this possible theory out there.

i'm right there with you ws. That, plus I have heard some inside poop that the other players don't really think much of him...attitude (entitled) towards them. They have even called him ""Shane Football" as in the off-field Johnny Football. Not to say he won't end up as getting the job done. I just don't have that confident feeling. JMHO.

Go Blue Smile

Shane Morris
Page 1 of 1