Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brady Hoke Status

Go down 
+4
MGOBLUEBC
fishgoblue22
gm_goblue1205
stjotoo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stjotoo

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:20 pm

Has anyone on the forum heard or seen anything about Hoke's future employment? At one time I read he was under consideration for the Colorado State job but that was almost immediately snapped up by the former Wisky coach. If my memory is correct he will be paid handsomely by UM next year from his former contract. I cannot imagine him being a head coach in a team in one of the power 5 conferences, but stranger things have happened (think Charlie Weiss). It was sort of a surprise that Nussmeier was picked up by Florida as their OC so quickly. His resume states his skills are developing quarterbacks. He did a hell of a job with Devon Gardner last year. As for other assistants, I would like to see Matteson stay and perhaps Fred Jackson (unless he retires). If Harbaugh is the next coach, I read he has a possible DC named Durkin who worked with him at Stanford. Then Matteson would be linebackers position coach. It's doubtful Matteson would take such a demotion after many years as a pro and college coordinator. The most important part of everything is Harbaugh and his ability to bring in coaches who can recruit and DEVELOP talent.

As for the rest of the Hoke staff, I have not seen anyone picked up by other teams. Any info? Any reasons why?

gm_goblue1205

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Nuss got picked up by florida as u stated Mattison mite stay as a LB Coach but the others thats remain to be seen
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:50 pm

I hope Fred Jackson isn't retained. The game has passed him by IMO.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Me personally, I'd like to see Fred Jackson retire. Time to get new blood in that position imo.

It's my understanding Greg wants to stay in AA until he retires...... I think he has family near AA. Wouldn't be surprised if Jim keeps him on in some position and I hope he does.

Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 3:03 pm

I think Mathison and Durkin will be a good for us and bad on the offense
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 3:03 pm

for the other team that is
Back to top Go down
theJET84

theJET84

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Mattison for recruiting coordinator?
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 4:32 pm

That was my bad when I mentioned Colorado State earlier. It should have read Oregon State, which ironically is Michigan's first home game next fall.

Maybe it's time for Fred Jackson to ease into retirement. I understand Mattison has a daughter and grandchildren in AA. JET84 mentioned him as a possible recruiting coordinator. It would make a great deal of sense to combine that job with the linebackers position coach if or when Durkin joins (hopefully) Harbaugh's staff.

sandyeggo_blue

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:38 pm

I just hope they keep Roy manning

wshoes

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 7:09 pm

Sounds like Mattison is staying as LB coach and maybe with some additional title. Agree that I do not see what Fred J brings to the table anymore. Manning's expertise is LB too so its hard to see where he would fit under that scenario though like Mattison he is a good recruiter.

As for Coach Hoke- I cannot see him getting a HC job anytime soon at any where other than a lower tier program. Would have been shocked to see him at OSU or CSU.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 7:38 pm

The work that Manning has put in on the east coast recruiting is immeasurable at this point. I really hope they keep him. He has proved to be more than worth his weight when it comes to the east coast turf.

wshoes

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 7:52 pm

Who does he coach though? I don't think coaching dbacks is ideal for him.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 8:09 pm

wshoes wrote:
Who does he coach though? I don't think coaching dbacks is ideal for him.

Some teams have a LB coach and an OLB/DE coach.

But, if there is no room for him, so be it. It is 100% the new head coach's decision.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 8:39 pm

From a B/R article from today:

There have been multiple reports out of Michigan in recent days that Harbaugh will join his alma mater. In addition, he is expected to bring several coaches from the 49ers with him, including longtime assistants Reggie Davis and John Morton, according to sources.

Davis is T/E coach and Morton is WR coach.

Honestly don't care at this point who the flop he brings...for now just want him to sign on the bottom line!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile

Sponsored content

Brady Hoke Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke Status   Brady Hoke Status Empty

Back to top Go down

Brady Hoke Status
Page 1 of 1