Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer Empty
PostSubject: Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer   Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:09 am

Mike Bianchi: From Urban Meyer to Urban Liar to Urban Hypocrite
Coach is practicing recruiting tactics he railed against at ESPN
February 03, 2012|Mike Bianchi, SPORTS COMMENTARY

Running off at the typewriter. …

He's not just Urban Liar anymore, he's Urban Hypocrite as well.

Seriously, is anybody shocked that new O-Lie-O State coach Urban Meyer is already being accused of being a recruiting snake in the grass as the head coach of the Buckeyes? Two Big Ten coaches -- Michigan State's Mark Dantonio and Wisconsin's Bret Bielema -- publicly accused Meyer of underhanded recruiting tactics after he swooped in and stole top recruits who had already verbally committed to those schools. Dantonio told the Detroit News that Meyer is "unethical" while Bielema told the Sporting News: "I can tell you this, we in the Big Ten don't want to be like the SEC -- in any way, shape or form."

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing illegal with what Meyer did. The practice of "flipping" recruits is commonplace in the SEC. However, the Big Ten supposedly has a gentlemen's agreement that coaches don't go after recruits who have verbally committed elsewhere.

My problem with Meyer is just how disingenuous he is. You know, like when claimed he was leaving Florida to "spend more time with his family" and then took a job with ESPN a few weeks later and accepted the Ohio State job a few months later.

Let's not forget what Meyer said last February when he was working for ESPN and was on his high horse about unethical recruiting practices.

"What I've seen the last five years is a complete turn in the integrity of the college coaching profession," Meyer said in a radio interview then. "It's completely turned the other way. Right now, it's not good because the risk-reward is 'have at it, do what you've got to do to get the great player, go win games and at the end of the day we'll find out what happens down the road.' "

Here we are not even one year down the road and already we see Urban Liar for what he truly is:

Urban Hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer   Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:41 am

The suckeyes reap what they sew....
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer   Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:42 am

sow
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: The guy lacks character!   Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:05 am

I wouldn't trust him at all!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer   Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:14 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
sow

Damn homophones!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer   Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer Empty

Back to top Go down

Orlanda Sentinel columnist rips Urban Meyer
Page 1 of 1