Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So Jay Glazer reported today

Go down 
+5
GOBLUEJOE66
Admin
wshoes
BOLEACH7
fishgoblue22
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

So Jay Glazer reported today Empty
PostSubject: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 1:39 pm

That even if SF wins the Super Bowl, Harbaugh will not be back as their coach next year.

Not saying UM lands him, but I do think his style is a better fit for college.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 1:45 pm

point is moot unless Brandon is gone.... I could just see Brandon asking Harbaugh to sit in on film sessions .... we can hope though can't we .... it might be 1969 all over again other than the fact that JH is well known to the fanbase
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Just get Brandon out of there and we have a shot.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:03 pm

hey shoes... may have asked before, but can the president fire Brandon on his own or is it a majority of the regents saying yes that needs to happen ?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:19 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
hey shoes... may have asked before, but can the president fire Brandon on his own or is it a majority of the regents saying yes that needs to happen ?

What I understand is that yes the President can but in this case (new and not that familiar with sports), he would likely rely heavily on what the consensus is among the Regents.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:23 pm

wshoes wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

What I understand is that yes the President can but in this case (new and not that familiar with sports), he would likely rely heavily on what the consensus is among the Regents.

For what it's worth Bacon says that 6 of the 8 Regents are against Brandon. In addition I talked with a donor friend of mine yesterday who told me that some people he met with (one on staff) had told him that a discreet AD search had begun BEFORE the Minn game. That last one is 3rd or 4th hand to me so appropriate caveats apply.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:33 pm

we can only hope .... this is not getting any better .... this downward spiral began with Lloyds last season and has gotten worse through different circumstances ... major crossroads of Michigan football .... you were around I believe shoes as a fan , was there any rumblings in the press about Bump needing to go ? .... obviously a different era and nowhere near the media scrutiny as today ... but was their fan discontent or just apathy with the program then ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:49 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
point is moot unless Brandon is gone.... I could just see Brandon asking Harbaugh to sit in on film sessions .... we can hope though can't we .... it might be 1969 all over again other than the fact that JH is well known to the fanbase

One of the regents was quoted earlier this week saying that the power to fire the coach rests with the president and the president only.

That being said, as Bo said above, I would fully expect that the president would seek out the regents' counsel on the decision.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:58 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
we can only hope .... this is not getting any better .... this downward spiral began with Lloyds last season and has gotten worse through different circumstances ... major crossroads of Michigan football .... you were around I believe shoes as a fan , was there any rumblings in the press about Bump needing to go ? .... obviously a different era and nowhere near the media scrutiny as today ... but was their fan discontent or just apathy with the program then ?

Bo- I was in HS when the Bump/Bo change was made and the attention it got was not that great other than the "Bo who" reaction. Bump was well liked though and I think that change was totally Canham driven. Bump was very gracious about it too.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:06 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
That even if SF wins the Super Bowl, Harbaugh will not be back as their coach next year.

I am not a huge fan of Jim coming to AA, mainly due to his lack of being able to control his temper. Heaven knows the team NEEDS discipline, but my question would be how long would he stay in AA if he is selected? We really don't need a coach looking to move on quickly.

Just to throw something out there....it sure looks like Les is being overrun by the SEC west and he just might be looking to get out of there. Not "politicking" for him, but maybe UM needs to keep everything in front of them.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Agree Joe about Les Miles... wanted back in 2007... would not mind Dan Mullen, yes doesn't have a great record but being in the toughest conference and division has something to with that... as well he did well with Cryer at Florida
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 4:08 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Agree Joe about Les Miles... wanted back in 2007... would not mind Dan Mullen, yes doesn't have a great record but being in the toughest conference and division has something to with that... as well he did well with Cryer at Florida

It's funny that you mention Mullen. The second name (after Les) being mentioned A LOT down here is Mullen. Depending on how the rest of the season goes, one would think his price is going up and up daily!! LOL Sounds like someone our NEW AD might want to consider.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Mark Stoops is a blown no-call away from having Kentucky 5-0 with wins over Florida and South Carolina. Anything to see here?

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 8:31 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Mark Stoops is a blown no-call away from having Kentucky 5-0 with wins over Florida and South Carolina. Anything to see here?

and kentucky has been on fire (for their standards) with recruits.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:10 pm

And so it begins. Maybe we should start a thread with possible candidate. lets see we got both Harbaughs. Stoops, Mullens, Miles, Nessmier, anymore
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Braylon Edwards @OfficialBraylon

If the 49ers don't make the playoffs we will be seeing Jim Harbaugh back in maze and blue and David a brandon still in the press box Promise
7:40 PM - 4 Oct 2014
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:00 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
And so it begins. Maybe we should start a thread with possible candidate. lets see we got both Harbaughs. Stoops, Mullens, Miles, Nessmier, anymore

I am sure there will be a lot more before this is over. I just hope hope we have to have a list because BH isn't being replaced.

Maybe we should also look at who might be the next AD.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 11:56 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Just heard after Sunday Night Football that the chances are very high that Jim H could be "traded" after the season.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:29 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Just heard after Sunday Night Football that the chances are very high that Jim H could be "traded" after the season.  

Go Blue!!   Smile  

He was nearly traded to the Browns, I believe, this past offseason. Something that he himself apparently initiated.

Regardless, if Glazer says he's out after the season, he's out. Glazer is 'in the know' more than anyone else on Earth when it comes to the NFL, save for former Michigan grad Adam Schefter (I'd call it a tie between these two).
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:05 am

Admin wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Go Blue!!   Smile  

He was nearly traded to the Browns, I believe, this past offseason. Something that he himself apparently initiated.

Regardless, if Glazer says he's out after the season, he's out. Glazer is 'in the know' more than anyone else on Earth when it comes to the NFL, save for former Michigan grad Adam Schefter (I'd call it a tie between these two).

Not sure if JH initiated it, but they did mention the near trade to Cleveland last year, but SF nixed it.

I do believe Jim is gone after this year with or without the Glazer comments. He just looks "different" on the sideline to me from past years. Almost like he knows he has lost the team and will be gone.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:15 am

Maybe it's a case he realizes he doesn't like to coach in the NFL.

We could hope.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:51 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Maybe it's a case he realizes he doesn't like to coach in the NFL.

We could hope.

Everything I've read describes him as a control freak, which is hard to be in the NFL. You don't make any of the personnel decisions, etc.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:37 pm

we can hope all we want .... Jim will never be here unless Brandon is gone ... end of story unfortunately for us ... unless the regents get some balls and get rid of Brandon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Jay Glazer reported today   So Jay Glazer reported today Empty

Back to top Go down

So Jay Glazer reported today
Page 1 of 1