Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: ESPN just reported that

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OT:  ESPN just reported that Empty
PostSubject: OT: ESPN just reported that   OT:  ESPN just reported that EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Arkansas has offered Les Miles a 5 year contract for 27 million. It was supposedly confirmed by LSU. Wow. Wonder if he'll take it.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: ESPN just reported that   OT:  ESPN just reported that EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Supposedly he and the Arkansas AD have Michigan ties from the Bo years. I say there is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: ESPN just reported that   OT:  ESPN just reported that EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:42 pm

I know the AD at Arkasas is friends with Hoke. Hoke mentioned that he talked to him, as a friend, when the Patrino stuff went down.

From his bio: A former two-sport athlete at Ohio Wesleyan, Long earned seven varsity letters for the Bishops in football and baseball before completing his degree in economics in 1982. He started his post graduate career in athletics as a graduate assistant football coach at the cradle of coaches, Miami University. Long earned his master’s in education at Miami in 1983, moving on to football staff positions at Rice, Duke and NC State prior to joining Bo Schembechler at Michigan.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: ESPN just reported that   OT:  ESPN just reported that EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 8:45 am

Plus don't forget perks rom Jerry Jones....
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: ESPN just reported that   OT:  ESPN just reported that EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Surprised Jerry doesn't try to but his way to become the coach himself. Being the football genius that he is and all. We all know what a great GM he has been. I am sure he would be just as great as HC at Arkansas.

Can you tell I am a Cowboy's fan? See I have a right to be bitter this week.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: ESPN just reported that   OT:  ESPN just reported that EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Wow....

now that's a FAT contract.

Would make him the highest paid coach in CFB, wouldn't it?

According to this (which may be outdated, I didn't check the date), Mack Brown is the only coach currently making over $5 million/year:

http://www.businessinsider.com/highest-paid-coaches-in-college-football-2011-11?op=1

At $27 milly for 5 years, that would put Les' salary at $5.4 million a year, edging Mack Brown by about $200k.

All that being said, I say no chance Miles leaves LSU for Arkansas.

He's got such a good thing at LSU. The only thing that would have forced him to leave was Michigan.

But then Kirk Herbstreit was born, he played for Ohio, and became one of ESPN's loudest talking heads. Then he proceeeded to blow the top off Miles to Michigan, and thus wrecked it.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: ESPN just reported that   OT:  ESPN just reported that EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Les is staying put. Signed an extension and received a raise. Must be great to leverage all these job openings into a bigger check.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8687452/les-miles-remain-football-coach-lsu-tigers-receive-extension-raise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: ESPN just reported that   OT:  ESPN just reported that Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: ESPN just reported that
Page 1 of 1