Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Food for thought

Go down 
+7
dwoody
sandyeggo_blue
wshoes
the artist formally known
BetterThansparty
BOLEACH7
gm_goblue1205
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Stat of the day....
With yesterday's loss, Michigan now has a 6 loss season for the 5th time in 7 seasons since Lloyd Carr left....Wolverines had only one 6 loss season in the previous 40 seasons before this stretch also if we lose against those O$U we are 5-7 that means no bowl bid and a losing season at that
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 2:57 pm

well for me you can blame Carr and Brandon for this disgraceful period of Meechigan football .... those are facts ....yes RR did himself no favours with his not correcting the defense .... and Hoke was put in a position that he had no business being in , he was in over his head .... we could have had Miles , but Carr could not bear it when he was not allowed to name his successor .... then Brandon had his sham of a search where the only person offered was Hoke
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:39 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
well for me you can blame Carr and Brandon for this disgraceful period of Meechigan football .... those are facts ....yes RR did himself no favours with his not correcting the defense .... and Hoke was put in a position that he had no business being in , he was in over his head .... we could have had Miles , but Carr could not bear it when he was not allowed to name his successor .... then Brandon had his sham of a search where the only person offered was Hoke

This I agree with (except for Miles, I'm not sure he would have done well here). Althouh it's more of DB Brandon's fault...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Miles was at the top when we could have had him the first time in 2007 .... think he would have been a great hire imho ... nowhere near the talent of the south maybe and the questionable entry requirements of the SEC , but he would have used the talent better and he can recruit ...
Back to top Go down

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Well it didn't help when they wouldn't let RR bring hid defensive coordinator, also I think Loyd disrupted this program, and I would say his issue was not Michigan man like.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:49 pm

stated many times that I don't consider Carr a Michigan Man (even though I fully know what BO meant when he said it )anymore after what he did in 2007
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:17 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Well it didn't help when they wouldn't let RR bring hid defensive coordinator, also I think Loyd disrupted this program, and I would say his issue was not Michigan man like.

Wasn't Carr's issue about Miles allegedly sleeping with, I think, Moeller's wife?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:31 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
the artist formally known wrote:

Wasn't Carr's issue about Miles allegedly sleeping with, I think, Moeller's wife?

Of course Carr was sleeping with some one else's wife (although he did wind up marrying her). Lloyd's second wife Laurie was married to former Michigan assistant Bill McCartney's brother. They were both married when they began seeing each other so if nothing else Lloyd is a huge hypocrite.

Last edited by wshoes on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:41 pm

It was Carr? I thought Carr was made at Miles for doing it?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:45 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
It was Carr?  I thought Carr was made at Miles for doing it?

See my edited clarification above. This was told to me- I have no first hand knowledge nor do I with respect to the allegations about Les Miles.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:47 pm

I heard the Carr upset with Miles thing on MLive so don't take that as gospel either...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 am

Carr's public spat with Miles is over Jai Eugene and Joe Barksdale. Even BO chimed in on what went down going as far as telling Les to not do that.

I always heard about Carr sleeping with someones wife but I don't know how that plays into the Miles riff.

dwoody

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Wasn't it Miles w Moeller's? This is all so confusing!
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Ok the Carr sleeping around thing is new to me. I don't even know what to say. Can someone at least photoshop Lloyd in a Hefner-esque smoking jacket and send it to me. Seems fitting some how.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 1:16 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Ok the Carr sleeping around thing is new to me.  I don't even know what to say.  Can someone at least photoshop Lloyd in a Hefner-esque smoking jacket and send it to me.  Seems fitting some how.

lol! lol!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 3:50 pm

who cares who slept with who .... Miles would have been a great hire in 2007 ... end of story .... Carr f*cked the program over .... and here we are 8 years later ... a national joke
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:46 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
who cares who slept with who .... Miles would have been a great hire in 2007 ... end of story .... Carr f*cked the program over .... and here we are 8 years later ... a national joke
My question is Les Miles still a good hire if we do get them if the Jim dont want the job
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:53 pm

I am a big Les Miles fan .... yes he is having a tough season but he is doing it with many frosh and sophs in starting roles .... yes he is 61 .... I would take him for 5 years .... he can stabilize the program and make it a great national program again .... it can be a top job again in the eyes of coaches ... with the talent we have had the last 8 years I have no doubt in my mind that we would have averaged 10 wins a year with a coach like Les ... he is miles (no pun intended ) ahead of Hoke in coaching intelligence .... and he would have gotten a top DC that RR couldn't
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:45 pm

A name I'm seeing tossed around lately is Mark Richt from Georgia. He's probably ready for a change, I assume and I wouldn't mind seeing him on the sidelines. He's had some good teams here in Georgia. What 'ya'll' think?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Richt I would take for sure if no Jim or Mullen
Back to top Go down

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:50 pm

I'm a big John Harbaugh fan said it once, I'll say it again. If John came here, I think the program would turn around sooner better than later. I think the kid would respect him, I think that recruits would be more apt to come. I don't like him because of the fact he is established with Michigan , with the team we have I just think he would be the best fit.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:05 pm

I'd love to see Richt in maize and blue. He always seems to win 10 games a year. He would put UM in the running for the B1G championship every year.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:59 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
I am a big Les Miles fan .... yes he is having a  tough season but he is doing it with many frosh and sophs in starting roles .... yes he is 61 .... I would take him for 5 years .... he can stabilize the program and make it a great national program again .... it can be a top job again in the eyes of coaches ... with the talent we have had the last 8 years I have no doubt in my mind that we would have averaged 10 wins a year with a coach like Les ... he is miles (no pun intended ) ahead of Hoke in coaching intelligence .... and he would have gotten a top DC that RR couldn't

Being in Bama I am for sure in the middle of SEC country. One of my big LSU fan buddies told me this afternoon that the word in the athletic building is that Les wants out of LSU and there is a strong feeling the AD will not get in his way. Apparently Les wants to come back north since his mother passed away. Of course this is all just talk, but I'd be fine with that.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 7:03 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:
I am a big Les Miles fan .... yes he is having a  tough season but he is doing it with many frosh and sophs in starting roles .... yes he is 61 .... I would take him for 5 years .... he can stabilize the program and make it a great national program again .... it can be a top job again in the eyes of coaches ... with the talent we have had the last 8 years I have no doubt in my mind that we would have averaged 10 wins a year with a coach like Les ... he is miles (no pun intended ) ahead of Hoke in coaching intelligence .... and he would have gotten a top DC that RR couldn't

Being in Bama I am for sure in the middle of SEC country. One of my big LSU fan buddies told me this afternoon that the word in the athletic building is that Les wants out of LSU and there is a strong feeling the AD will not get in his way. Apparently Les wants to come back north since his mother passed away. Of course this is all just talk, but I'd be fine with that.

Go Blue!!  Smile

I can think of 5-6 people I'd rather have. Too old, and some of you worry how long Jimmy might stick around? Miles is retirement age, PEOPLE!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 pm

I think if Les came to UM, he would be here for 5-7 years Max. If he wins like he has every place he's been, that would be enough to fix the UM reputation and make it a job others would covet.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 7:36 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I think if Les came to UM, he would be here for 5-7 years Max.  If he wins like he has every place he's been, that would be enough to fix the UM reputation and make it a job others would covet.

I agree with this. If it is Les we should consider grooming a successor almost right away- but that's OK. Les would restore credibility. Still need to make JH say no first though, IMO.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 7:40 pm

wshoes wrote:
Still need to make JH say no first though, IMO.

I agree 100%
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Totally agree on Les and making Jim say no first
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:25 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Still need to make JH say no first though, IMO.

I agree 100%

+10

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 pm

wshoes wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
I think if Les came to UM, he would be here for 5-7 years Max.  If he wins like he has every place he's been, that would be enough to fix the UM reputation and make it a job others would covet.

I agree with this. If it is Les we should consider grooming a successor almost  right away- but that's OK. Les would restore credibility. Still need to make JH say no first though, IMO.

shoes I think it was you who first brought this up.

I think UM fans absolutely need to hear "no" from the Harbaughs before we will be satisfied with any other coach hire.

Food for thought  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought    Food for thought  Empty

Back to top Go down

Food for thought
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next