Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not

Go down 
+4
GOBLUEJOE66
sandyeggo_blue
Admin
gm_goblue1205
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not  Empty
PostSubject: Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not    Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not  EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:24 pm

http://gregghenson.com/harbaugh-to-michigan-timeline/

Here's what Gregg Henson said

I’m hearing a lot of stuff from the national media about Jim Harbaugh and I’m shocked that it is exactly the opposite of what I hear from Michigan insiders. Logic matters in the process, emotion is what is driving the decision.

Let’s look at the process logically. If Michigan hasn’t fired Brady Hoke already, there has to be a reason, otherwise it would be smart to have already started looking for a new coach so the program doesn’t lose out to Nebraska and Florida with external candidates. What does it tell you that there isn’t any urgency in the program to make a move? What I am hearing is that Michigan has already been given assurances that Jim Harbaugh wants the job but they need to buy some time. Here is what I am told is happening.

Michigan’s Football banquet is Monday, Brady and Michigan AD Jim Hackett have a meeting later in the week. Brady is expected to be terminated as J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach following the Hackett meeting.

Following Michigan’s termination of Hoke, Hackett will announce a search committee to buy two more week so Jim Harbaugh can finish his duties with the Niners. The only monkey wrench if if the Niners make the playoffs, it would still be him but it would delay the process.

Now lets remove most of the logic in terms of Harbaugh’s decision making process. Keep in mind when you read the reports that he isn’t leaving the NFL or that his wife doesn’t want to leave the bay area that this isn’t about logic. This is all about emotion, applying logic to an emotional situation for Harbaugh is not going to work. Jim Harbaugh doesn’t talk to anybody, the guy is Fort Knox, he is only talking to a select few with his dad Jack being the most important cog in the Harbaugh machine.

There is also further evidence in the way Brady Hoke is being treated. From the very start the Harbaugh’s have wanted Brady treated well and that is exactly what is happening. He could have been fired quickly and violently like Bo Pelini, but he wasn’t, instead he gets to be at the banquet and bow out gracefully after a “thorough review” of the program. It sounds like it was scripted by Harbaugh himself.

I’m not sure what is happening with Harbuagh but people at Michigan think this is a great possibility, the only thing we can do is wait and NOT believe every report from people who haven’t covered Michigan all season. I’m not telling you I know everything, but the people who are talking to me seem to have had this thing nailed since day one.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not    Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not  EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:38 pm

I really don't know what to make of him. I don't think he's as bad as that Ace Williams character from Chat Sports, but I wouldn't put much stock into anything he says.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not    Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not  EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:47 pm

^^^ THIS ^^^

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not    Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not  EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:48 pm

One thing i do agree with is that pretty much everyone within the UM family want the banquet to be a time to allow BH to bow out with dignity, as a person.

As for the firing of Hoke and the naming of the new coach, I am treating everything as hear-say with the new coach until I see the person in AA holding a press conference saying that he IS the new coach. To me everyone in the media is 1) throwing darts in hopes that they accidentally hit the bullseye first; and 2) doing their best to pull off another Herbie. That is how the media works these days. Accuracy be damned, I want to be FIRST!

Go Blue!! Smile

jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not    Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not  EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Admin wrote:
I really don't know what to make of him. I don't think he's as bad as that Ace Williams character from Chat Sports, but I wouldn't put much stock into anything he says.

He used to have his own show here on wdfn and I believe he was also the program director for awhile, so he's definitely not Ace Williams. I never really cared for him though, he is cut from the same cloth as Mike Valenti, without the Sparty love. He's obviously just making an educated(maybe) guess here though.

FWIW, I hope he's wrong. I really can't see any value in waiting another week to fire Hoke just because he's a good guy, and I hope they're not putting all their eggs in the Harbaugh basket. They need to do a thorough coaching search. The last two coaching searches contained a lot of buffoonery. I think praying for one dream candidate is the wrong way to go.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not    Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not  EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 3:07 pm

The thing about the wife not wanting to leave the Bay Area puzzles me. She is a coaches wife. Moving around comes with the territory. Furthermore, there are no guarantees in coaching. Why scare future suitors by making it known you do not want to leave the West Coast. That really narrows down the options.

Just doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not    Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not  EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 3:53 pm

listen enough with being nice .... do we want to be known as a football power or the nice kid on the block .... he was hired to bring Michigan back to being a top program .... he has failed miserably .... and oh yeah he has $3 million reasons to get over being fired ...
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not    Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not  EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 5:50 pm

Don't know what to think of this article. Most of it makes a lot of sense but, that doesn't mean it is all true. I just wonder why we're not firing Hoke now, why the wait? Makes me think something is in the works (Harbaugh, Miles or who?) & they're not in a hurry to can him. Florida & Nebraska appear to be in hot pursuit of their next coaches, supposedly, while we're falling behind the 8 ball. WHY? Possibly keeping Hoke (god forbid)? Don't know, guess I'm just hoping something is going on before all we have left are the scraps.

Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not    Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Gregg Henson a reliable source or not
Page 1 of 1