Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors

Go down 
+5
flabluefan1
GOBLUEJOE66
dwoody
ThatGuy
mgoblue93
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mgoblue93

Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  Empty
PostSubject: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 9:03 pm

http://gridironnow.com/tim-drevno-major-problems-jim-harbaugh/

Basically how faculty, staff, and even players don't have faith, or even get along with Drevno; and how many within the program are frustrated with Harbaugh's loyalty to Drevno.

I'll just paste it:

It has not gone bad yet at Michigan but it could soon, multiple sources close to the program say, and the trouble points back to offensive coordinator Tim Drevno.

Jim Harbaugh has a credibility problem. He has a credibility problem with his players, his assistants and his bosses.

The credibility issue stems from Harbaugh’s unwillingness to get rid of Tim Drevno, who doubles as the offensive line coach, or at the least keep him away from the offensive line and play-calling duties. Sources said nobody inside Schembechler Hall can understand how Drevno remains employed.

Harbaugh is a loyal person and Drevno has been with him since their days at FCS member San Diego, but Drevno’s performance at Michigan has been subpar and isn’t going unnoticed. Players and other assistants are said to be dismayed that a guy who has generated so few results can keep Harbaugh’s confidence.

RELATED: Is Jim Harbaugh burned out at Michigan?

One source told me to look no further than the Greg Frey debacle for evidence of Tim Drevno’s negative impact on the program.

Frey, a renowned offensive tackle guru, was hired last year to work his magic on Michigan’s tight ends and tackles. But when fall camp started, Drevno (who was working with the interior lineman) told Frey, in so many words, “I’ll handle the offensive line.”

Harbaugh didn’t step in to correct the situation.

Frey consequently left the program following the season to join Willie Taggart at Florida State. He will be the lone offensive line coach at FSU, which is his alma mater.

Another insider said Michigan’s decision to move Drevno onto the field late last season was because he and passing game coordinator Pep Hamilton didn’t see eye-to-eye, which is also the reason that former quarterbacks coach Jedd Fisch made a lateral move to join UCLA’s staff for the 2017 season.

“Drevno doesn’t get along with anybody, he’s paranoid, and doesn’t trust or earn trust,” my source said.

I’m also told by multiple sources that Harbaugh is suffering from a crisis of confidence because of his inability to make the correct moves to catapult Michigan into the national title race. Sources said the 2017 season was a wake-up call for Harbaugh, who is said to be a “different person now” but one who still hasn’t dealt with the “Drevno issue.”

“If Harbaugh can get his offensive coaches in line, he can save this thing, but until he does, they will continue to struggle,” another insider said. “There are players in that locker room who don’t even know who their position coach is yet and that is a huge problem.

“Players, coaches, administrators and donors are losing confidence in Jim because he hasn’t made the right choice on ‘Drev.’ He’s losing confidence and control because of one guy.”

One former player said Harbaugh “could fix this problem by moving Drevno as far away from the offensive line as possible and naming Ed Warinner the offensive coordinator.”

Warinner was hired as a “senior offensive analyst” in January — and he received a two-year contract that pays $250,000 a year.

RELATED: 2018 will be the make-or-break year for Jim Harbaugh at Michigan

Warinner was Minnesota’s offensive line coach in 2017. Before that, he spent five seasons at Ohio State. He was Ohio State’s co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach from 2012-2014, the offensive coordinator/o-line coach in 2015 and the OC/tight ends coach in 2016.

“Look, there are three reasons last season went bad – the offensive coordinator, the defensive coordinator and the strength coach,” one insider said. “I can tell you the defensive coordinator and the strength coach weren’t the problem. All you have to do it watch the games to know where the breakdown is happening.”

Harbaugh chose to fire strength coach Kevin Tolbert, but sources say the players are upset about the move because they see Tolbert as the scapegoat for Tim Drevno’s bad offense.

“Pep Hamilton is another issue altogether,” the same source told me. “Pep is well-liked, but he isn’t like Jedd, who was a much better relationship-builder than Pep. Hamilton came in with all this NFL shit and didn’t take the time to talk to his players and learn about them, which explains the QB disconnect.

“Wilton Speight got along so well with Jedd Fisch that he wanted to follow him (as a grad transfer) if he got a college job, but since Jedd landed with the Rams, Wilton has no place to go. It’s no coincidence that Speight’s best season was under Jedd Fisch.”

While not all is lost – yet – it certainly appears that there have to be changes to this coaching staff and its handling of the talent on the roster. Keep an eye on any staff shuffling, as there are certain to be some interesting reassignments in the coming days.

No, the Harbuagh Era hasn’t gone bad just yet. But you will have a good idea where it is headed soon.

(You can follow Gregg Henson on Twitter @gregghenson)
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 pm

Personally I'm not fond of Henson but I've gotta tell ya, he might be more right than wrong on this.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 12:44 am

It would be nice if the issue with blah play could be resolved with just one coaching change, that's for damn sure.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 11:16 am

mgoblue93 wrote:
http://gridironnow.com/tim-drevno-major-problems-jim-harbaugh/

Basically how faculty, staff, and even players don't have faith, or even get along with Drevno; and how many within the program are frustrated with Harbaugh's loyalty to Drevno.

I'll just paste it:

It has not gone bad yet at Michigan but it could soon, multiple sources close to the program say, and the trouble points back to offensive coordinator Tim Drevno.

Jim Harbaugh has a credibility problem. He has a credibility problem with his players, his assistants and his bosses.

The credibility issue stems from Harbaugh’s unwillingness to get rid of Tim Drevno, who doubles as the offensive line coach, or at the least keep him away from the offensive line and play-calling duties. Sources said nobody inside Schembechler Hall can understand how Drevno remains employed.

Harbaugh is a loyal person and Drevno has been with him since their days at FCS member San Diego, but Drevno’s performance at Michigan has been subpar and isn’t going unnoticed. Players and other assistants are said to be dismayed that a guy who has generated so few results can keep Harbaugh’s confidence.

RELATED: Is Jim Harbaugh burned out at Michigan?

One source told me to look no further than the Greg Frey debacle for evidence of Tim Drevno’s negative impact on the program.

Frey, a renowned offensive tackle guru, was hired last year to work his magic on Michigan’s tight ends and tackles. But when fall camp started, Drevno (who was working with the interior lineman) told Frey, in so many words, “I’ll handle the offensive line.”

Harbaugh didn’t step in to correct the situation.

Frey consequently left the program following the season to join Willie Taggart at Florida State. He will be the lone offensive line coach at FSU, which is his alma mater.

Another insider said Michigan’s decision to move Drevno onto the field late last season was because he and passing game coordinator Pep Hamilton didn’t see eye-to-eye, which is also the reason that former quarterbacks coach Jedd Fisch made a lateral move to join UCLA’s staff for the 2017 season.

“Drevno doesn’t get along with anybody, he’s paranoid, and doesn’t trust or earn trust,” my source said.

I’m also told by multiple sources that Harbaugh is suffering from a crisis of confidence because of his inability to make the correct moves to catapult Michigan into the national title race. Sources said the 2017 season was a wake-up call for Harbaugh, who is said to be a “different person now” but one who still hasn’t dealt with the “Drevno issue.”

“If Harbaugh can get his offensive coaches in line, he can save this thing, but until he does, they will continue to struggle,” another insider said. “There are players in that locker room who don’t even know who their position coach is yet and that is a huge problem.

“Players, coaches, administrators and donors are losing confidence in Jim because he hasn’t made the right choice on ‘Drev.’ He’s losing confidence and control because of one guy.”

One former player said Harbaugh “could fix this problem by moving Drevno as far away from the offensive line as possible and naming Ed Warinner the offensive coordinator.”

Warinner was hired as a “senior offensive analyst” in January — and he received a two-year contract that pays $250,000 a year.

RELATED: 2018 will be the make-or-break year for Jim Harbaugh at Michigan

Warinner was Minnesota’s offensive line coach in 2017. Before that, he spent five seasons at Ohio State. He was Ohio State’s co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach from 2012-2014, the offensive coordinator/o-line coach in 2015 and the OC/tight ends coach in 2016.

“Look, there are three reasons last season went bad – the offensive coordinator, the defensive coordinator and the strength coach,” one insider said. “I can tell you the defensive coordinator and the strength coach weren’t the problem. All you have to do it watch the games to know where the breakdown is happening.”

Harbaugh chose to fire strength coach Kevin Tolbert, but sources say the players are upset about the move because they see Tolbert as the scapegoat for Tim Drevno’s bad offense.

“Pep Hamilton is another issue altogether,” the same source told me. “Pep is well-liked, but he isn’t like Jedd, who was a much better relationship-builder than Pep. Hamilton came in with all this NFL shit and didn’t take the time to talk to his players and learn about them, which explains the QB disconnect.

“Wilton Speight got along so well with Jedd Fisch that he wanted to follow him (as a grad transfer) if he got a college job, but since Jedd landed with the Rams, Wilton has no place to go. It’s no coincidence that Speight’s best season was under Jedd Fisch.”

While not all is lost – yet – it certainly appears that there have to be changes to this coaching staff and its handling of the talent on the roster. Keep an eye on any staff shuffling, as there are certain to be some interesting reassignments in the coming days.

No, the Harbuagh Era hasn’t gone bad just yet. But you will have a good idea where it is headed soon.

(You can follow Gregg Henson on Twitter @gregghenson)

I have not given up on JH and MOST of his staff, but I have been calling to fire "Drev" since last season!!! HE has hurt UM and needs to go!!

Two problems with this article. I know JH feel the "need to be loyal" to Drev. Don't understand it, but it is there. Having sad that, simply "moving Drevno as far away from the offensive line as possible"will not cure the problem. He need to GO!!!! Sweet and simple He cannot be in a position to feel like he can "coach" any part of the team. Since, thanks to Drevno, it appEars we have lost our shot at Jedd an Frey, I do agree with hiring Ed Warinner as the offensive coordinator.

Second problem. Any suggestions to keep Ham around should, like Drevno, GO AWAY!!!!

IMHO- 2018 can be the start of really great things with the football team in AA simply by firing Drevno and Ham and promoting Warinner to OC. At least it's a start in the right direction.....IMHO!!!!!!

Go BLue!!! Smile

flabluefan1

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 6:28 pm

I have no idea how true any of this is, but there is no doubt that Drevno is a poor OOC and hasn't done the job at OL as he apparently did in the past with JH. I keep hoping that JH is sitting with his brother and dad watching film and coming to the realization that there has to be a total revamp of the offense. If that means that Drevno needs to go then sooner than later.

Same but to a lesser extent with Hamilton who also has not come through. I went through similar conflicts on the coaching staff way way way back when I played and it definitely has a big affect on the team and its performance. Come on Jim! Get this fixed!
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:58 am

flabluefan1 wrote:
I have no idea how true any of this is, but there is no doubt that Drevno is a poor OOC and hasn't done the job at OL as he apparently did in the past with JH.  I keep hoping that JH is sitting with his brother and dad watching film and coming to the realization that there has to be a total revamp of the offense.  If that means that Drevno needs to go then sooner than later.  

Same but to a lesser extent with Hamilton who also has not come through.   I went through similar conflicts on the coaching staff way way way back when I played and it definitely has a big affect on the team and its performance.  Come on Jim!  Get this fixed!

Hate to say this but, according to Sam Webb don't look for a change with Drevno. Too bad, IMO. So, what were they interviewing McElwain for?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 7:29 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Hate to say this but, according to Sam Webb don't look for a change with Drevno. Too bad, IMO. So, what were they interviewing McElwain for?

Shark model?

Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  Shark11

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Let's hope Harbaugh is saving Warriner in his back pocket, and he finds his good friend Drev a job somewhere outside of Ann Arbor.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:10 am

Dammit Bo. That's something I can't unsee.

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 8:05 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
flabluefan1 wrote:
I have no idea how true any of this is, but there is no doubt that Drevno is a poor OOC and hasn't done the job at OL as he apparently did in the past with JH.  I keep hoping that JH is sitting with his brother and dad watching film and coming to the realization that there has to be a total revamp of the offense.  If that means that Drevno needs to go then sooner than later.  

Same but to a lesser extent with Hamilton who also has not come through.   I went through similar conflicts on the coaching staff way way way back when I played and it definitely has a big affect on the team and its performance.  Come on Jim!  Get this fixed!

According to me this is CRIMINAL!!!!

Go Blue!!!!! Smile

MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 10:03 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

Shark model?

Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  Shark11

Lol! Not a good sight, Bo!
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
flabluefan1 wrote:

According to me this is CRIMINAL!!!!  

Go Blue!!!!!    Smile

Yep, I know I'm disappointed. That and the fact we still have Pep hanging around. Hope that doesn't translate into more mediocre QB play this coming year.

By the way, for those of you that were on mlive forum, this is BillMfan from there.

Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 5:07 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
By the way, for those of you that were on mlive forum, this is BillMfan from there.

Go Blue!

Mot of us were on the now defunct "other forum" at one time or another. That's kind of a touchy subject around here, we came over here to get away from it.

Alas you and the other good posters are more than welcome here. There was a time after this forum took off we discussed how to get the few good posters over here. Thank God you are here now though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 10:43 am

Bill Mfan- good to have you here!
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 9:48 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Thanks, Bo and Shoes!

I'll try my best to behave! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors    Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gregg Henson's hearing some bad rumors
Page 1 of 1