Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
Wolverdog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... Empty
PostSubject: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:35 pm

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/eli-manning-snubs-gm-by-turning-down-keys-to-2012-grand-sport/

USDA Prime Asshole.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 pm

How can anyone hate Payton? He has been nothing but class his whole career. His commercials are awesome.

I hate that Fat Phil was upset about Woodson so he voted UM low enough to lose the NC, but that ain't on Payton.

What Eli did is no different than the dream team hiding their logos during the Olympics because they had contracts with Nike. No big deal if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Classy is calling the guy who won your Super Bowl a "drunken idiot kicker"?

Classless turds, both of 'em. IMO.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Because the kicker was a drunk idiot making stupid comments, and that kicker never won the super bowl, he was replaced by Vinateri.

Vanderjact was a jackass.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Meh...Not much of a Manning fan myself. I think Dad operates to much like Richard Williams. He and Eli holding the Chargers hostage after they drafted him was BS.

I do not have a lot of issues with Peyton but I am starting too. I think he is not being very upfront about his neck. 28 million is a lot of money and I think he is trying to get every penny of it regardless if he takes another snap.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:30 pm

You're right about the Super Bowl, my bad, but he's still the best kicker ever percentage-wise, and he was right, Peyton is/was soft. And a jackass.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:33 pm

I would want the money too. Get what you can while you can. He/his reps negotiated a great contract for him that is bad for the team, whose fault is that?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Couldn't disagree more. Peyton got what he was worth while healthy. If he was still healthy he would be worth it still. He isn't. It's a tricky injury and he may not play again and if he does it may not be for long.

I do not think it is right to hold the franchise hostage that has taken good care of you for your entire career. He is damaged goods now and needs to treat the franchise with the same integrity and respect that they have showed him.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I would want the money too.

and I bet if you were the owner you would want Peyton to be honest with you and himself about what contribution he will be able to make to the franchise in the future. There is no way you would pay out $28 mil without knowing for sure if he could play again.

Got to look at it both ways.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 pm

He will. What is he supposed to do? He knows just like everyone else that he will not get the 28 million. The ball is in the team's court. Peyton has no say in it.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 pm

You are right it is the teams option. BUT-Peyton is making more of a PR nightmare by refusing to back down and insisting he will be able to play again. He really does not know that. He does know he is not responding to treatment like he should be.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

We only know what outsiders report. We have no idea what is going on inside the offices.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:56 am

Wolverdog wrote:
http://www.lsxtv.com/news/eli-manning-snubs-gm-by-turning-down-keys-to-2012-grand-sport/

USDA Prime Asshole.

I can see Eli's concern but shouldn't GM be aware of this possibility before even picking a winner? This isn't the first time...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:59 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Wolverdog wrote:

USDA Prime Asshole.

I can see Eli's concern but shouldn't GM be aware of this possibility before even picking a winner? This isn't the first time...

That may be so, but Eli could have handled it off camera in a manner that didn't appear to kick the struggling US auto industry in the teeth.

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 am

Not a Manning fan. They think they are above the league that has put them all in a great financial position. They are all very fortunate to have the talent they were given!
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Oh Please Stop it...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 am

You want to find fault with the Mannings? Come on, there are a whole lot of players that constantly get in trouble, not the Mannings. Strong family background. I even heard their mom interviewed and she is great, come on...you want to get on NFL players, go after the ones that abuse drugs and their women.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Oh Please Stop it...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am

exmichresident wrote:
You want to find fault with the Mannings? Come on, there are a whole lot of players that constantly get in trouble, not the Mannings. Strong family background. I even heard their mom interviewed and she is great, come on...you want to get on NFL players, go after the ones that abuse drugs and their women.

I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:49 am

exmichresident wrote:

Is there a limit on the number of players we can shake our fingers at? Create a thread about drug abusers and abusive players and I will be critical of them. This one is about the Manning's and I happen to disagree with how they conduct their business. Glad to hear their mom rocks though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...   Yet another reason to despise the Mannings... Empty

Back to top Go down

Yet another reason to despise the Mannings...
Page 1 of 1