Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm

Go down 
+5
GOBLUEJOE66
fishgoblue22
MgoBlue
sandyeggo_blue
gm_goblue1205
9 posters
AuthorMessage
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm Empty
PostSubject: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:17 pm

Jim Hackett going to meet with the players tomorrow that meeting is unknown what do you think that meeting will be about???
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:31 pm

If I had to guess it would be what the department is doing now and what they can expect from here. A think a timeline will be given to them and the plan moving forward as well. IMO it's more or less to keep them out of the dark in a personal manner (i.e. not via twitter, etc)

I seriously doubt it will be to tell them that we've landed a coach.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Totally agree. He just wants to be transparent. That is important for the kids on this team.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 7:13 am

He said during the press conference that he was going g to meet with the team this week.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:31 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
He said during the press conference that he was going g to meet with the team this week.

Agree. He said in the PC that he wants to find out how they feel about everything, to include any unhappiness/complaints.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 12:43 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Agree.  He said in the PC that he wants to find out how they feel about everything, to include any unhappiness/complaints.

Go Blue!!   Smile

which I think is absolutely the right thing to do. Not that the teams feelings are going to carry weight when it comes to the bottom line ($) but it's nice to know that the department views them as stakeholders in the process and seemingly cares about their opinions. maybe I'm just reading too much into it though.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 2:03 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Agree.  He said in the PC that he wants to find out how they feel about everything, to include any unhappiness/complaints.

Go Blue!!   Smile

which I think is absolutely the right thing to do. Not that the teams feelings are going to carry weight when it comes to the bottom line ($) but it's nice to know that the department views them as stakeholders in the process and seemingly cares about their opinions. maybe I'm just reading too much into it though.

That is the same way I took that, Sandy. A good sign from the AD, IMHO!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 5:30 pm

http://gregghenson.com/jim-hackett-met-with-the-players-yesterday-and-it-went/
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:02 pm

^

"Most importantly he assured the players that they weren’t going to bring in a coach who would run the spread offense and that there was no way they were going to spend another three years changing the style of play."

Don't show shoes Razz
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:24 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
^

"Most importantly he assured the players that they weren’t going to bring in a coach who would run the spread offense and that there was no way they were going to spend another three years changing the style of play."

Don't show shoes Razz

I don't think there is any way he said.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:28 pm

Really Hail? You know for a fact he said that?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 10:30 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Really Hail? You know for a fact he said that?

supposedly henson got that from a player. he does have frequent contact with the players so I wouldn't dismiss it just yet.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Just can't see Hackett boxing himself in like that by making that promise... if it is a choice between Mullen and Schiano he sure as f*ck better hire Mullen
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 10:41 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Just can't see Hackett boxing himself in like that by making that promise... if it is a choice between Mullen and Schiano he sure as f*ck better hire Mullen

i tend to agree but I have to take what henson is saying because of his past record. IMO he's very hit and miss when it comes to the administration but he's always seemed to be fairly on point when he reports about the players. but we should just wait and see.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 10:46 pm

You are right sandy about all the reports out there... think Hackett is smarter than that... players getting inside info and keeping quiet is like telling the National Enquirer to keep a secret
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:14 pm

I could understand saying that A: to keep the kids there that are there , it may also keep recruits around, and C: he would not want to start over . I still think Shaw is 2-3 on his short list. and If More Jr is for real interested that would give him a lead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:15 pm

I could understand saying that A: to keep the kids there that are there , it may also keep recruits around, and C: he would not want to start over . I still think Shaw is 2-3 on his short list. and If More Jr is for real interested that would give him a lead.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:19 pm

I would take Mora... Shaw to me is too much like Lloyd Carr, playing not to lose
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:28 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
supposedly henson got that from a player.  he does have frequent contact with the players so I wouldn't dismiss it just yet.

Henson is a douche, he may have had "frequent contact" with years ago when he lived in A2 (because he stalked them) but doesn't he live in PA now?

"I am a 45 year old guy living in Pittsburgh, PA with my first wife and two young sons (born in 2003 and 2005). I have been on the radio since 1989 and blogging since 2000."

http://gregghenson.com/about-gregg-henson/

That being said, http://gregghenson.com/jim-hackett-met-with-the-players-yesterday-and-it-went/

To sum up, Henson is a dullard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm   Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm Empty

Back to top Go down

Players meeting with Jim Hackett Tomorrow at 3:30 pm
Page 1 of 1